ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet It's been a long time coming. Adiós. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293196)

Bwana 07-01-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 11576052)
Close. Since I try not to get emotionally attached, I typically don't share much personal stuff. The reason the post count is so low is that in those 15 yrs, 10 of them I was in a coma.

Hopefully not literally. :huh:

BigRedChief 07-01-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575968)
This place was awesome when it was more community based - when there would be gatherings, tailgates, etc. Now, it's littered with trolls that take advantage of the anonymity of the internet and would never show their face in public. That attitude has weakened this place considerably, IMHO.

Yeah, I had an open invitation to my tailgate for years. You'd see Rainman, AustinChief, Daface and other out of townees at any given game. We'd share jaggerbombs. That definitely helped each other feel a more common bond on the board.

Bearcat 07-01-2015 02:55 PM

That sucks... I'd suggest taking a break for a few months, which I've done several times. I don't really don't talk football much for a lot of those reasons, too... this place is here for my entertainment.

I don't think this place has changed much over 10 years though... discussions get tired no matter how smart the other people in the room are at the time and I've certainly changed quite a bit in the past decade and a half. I think the same stuff existed back then... we've lost regulars, but it's not like the percentage of smart people was significantly higher back then, but as a n00b you'll be more tolerant of it than if you've dealt with it for 10 or 15 years.

Not that it changes your decision, just sayin', there was just as much stupid stuff in the days of young Clay and Slayer than there is now, which is probably even more reason to bow out at some point.

Holladay 07-01-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

I typically don't share much personal stuff
That's the key. Heck I've got a post bout my son's golf cheated back and how I got mad at my wife, twice.

The coma thingie comes out when I see someone that I haven't seen in a long time and they say "Wow, I haven't seen you in a long time". My response, "Yea I know, I've been in coma for 6 months".

Sully 07-01-2015 02:56 PM

Sorry to see you leaving, OTW, although it's probably for the best. You've been angrier and angrier the past couple of years, on here, and it's probably better for you to take a break. I'll see you on the fb. Good luck.

srvy 07-01-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11575973)
That sucks. You are a good guy OTWP and I enjoy your posts. Sometimes taking a break is the best thing and hopefully you will be back by the time the season starts.

This

See you in a month.

Buehler445 07-01-2015 02:58 PM

Sucks man. I always enjoyed your takes. I don't talk football much anymore. Quite frankly the Herm years crushed my soul. I was about ready to get excited again until the playoff game happened. I still read shit here though. For the most part, there is still decent discussions around here, but like I said, I stay out of the football stuff save for reading some OPs.

Log back on when you've taken some time.

TEX 07-01-2015 03:03 PM

I dont get why people feel the need to ramble about why they are leaving a BB - Just go...Then come back after awhile if you feel like it. Or don't.

I've literally been around here since Day 1, and nothing anyone has ever said or done would cause me to leave. Ive taken many breaks. Just left and came back. All without ever saying a word.

The Franchise 07-01-2015 03:03 PM

Miss yah, man.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...41ogo2_500.gif

loochy 07-01-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11576056)

eatin' aint cheatin'

Ceej 07-01-2015 03:05 PM

You're a good dude and I enjoyed your posts.

I think if you're "getting tired" of a message board you were spending too much time there in the first place.

Take a break, come back during football season. We all know you're a masochist like ourselves.

Pablo 07-01-2015 03:05 PM

Later man. Been good bullshitting with you.

Rasputin 07-01-2015 03:07 PM

This is what we get because we root for a team that doesn't give us anything to brag about.

Until the Chiefs win a playoff game & or become the team we all want it to be with being a contender yearly then it's really hard to be encouraged to talk substance and be positive. That's what we have here is lack of quality from the team we root for I don't believe it's because of lack of fans being knowledgeable but frustrations.

Good luck OTWP wish you the best. Come back and join us when your up too it.

R8RFAN 07-01-2015 03:09 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/01/lol-bye.gif

dirk digler 07-01-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 11576085)
This is what we get because we root for a team that doesn't give us anything to brag about.

Until the Chiefs win a playoff game & or become the team we all want it to be with being a contender yearly then it's really hard to be encouraged to talk substance and be positive. That's what we have here is lack of quality from the team we root for I don't believe it's because of lack of fans being knowledgeable but frustrations.

Good luck OTWP wish you the best. Come back and join us when your up too it.

Yep. My Chiefs apathy is at an all time high. Until they win a freaking playoff game there is nothing to be positive or happy about.