ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto A Question About Socks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292668)

Fire Me Boy! 05-25-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11518761)
Sometimes you have to dress to impress. Chicks at parties don't comment on plain socks.

If they're seeing my socks, I've already sufficiently impressed them.

Bwana 05-25-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11518771)
When they get holes in them, they're thrown out... otherwise I'm looking at a wearable pair of socks.

I just wash the ones with holes in them and use them for rags or to apply boot polish.

Rain Man 05-25-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11518772)
Or more to the point; outside of a trip to the Marquee Club for Ska Night, when exactly do a pair of "Union Jack" socks become necessary?

You're on a cruise when a group of small, fast-moving boats appear on the horizon. Your ship tries to outrun them, but soon you have a horde of terrorist pirates clambering over the gunwales. You alertly throw your passport overboard.

The pirates group everybody on the deck, and sort out the Americans and Israelis, shooting them and throwing them overboard. They get to you and say in their thick Somali accents, "Are you Amedican? You look Amedican."

You pull up your pants cuffs and say, "Do oye bloody look Ameerican, chap?"

You should always take a pair of Union Jack socks when traveling abroad.

Fire Me Boy! 05-25-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11518784)
You're on a cruise when a group of small, fast-moving boats appear on the horizon. Your ship tries to outrun them, but soon you have a horde of terrorist pirates clambering over the gunwales. You alertly throw your passport overboard.

The pirates group everybody on the deck, and sort out the Americans and Israelis, shooting them and throwing them overboard. They get to you and say in their thick Somali accents, "Are you Amedican? You look Amedican."

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Kman34 05-25-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11518781)
I just wash the ones with holes in them and use them for rags or to apply boot polish.

Have you ever did the trick of wearing the sock the other way, opposite of where the hole is???LMAO:thumb:

Bwana 05-25-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 11518788)
Have you ever did the trick of wearing the sock the other way, opposite of where the hole is???LMAO:thumb:

Nope, if I end up with a hole in one it gets put out to pasture. I also use the ones with a hole in them for applying gun oil and oil to my cutting blocks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-25-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11518784)

ROFL:clap:

Easy 6 05-25-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11518781)

Yep, I have a few sock rags floating around, they're great for polishing things.

Kman34 05-25-2015 04:55 PM

Do any of you guys have the socks with the individual toes???...Those are weird...Creep me out...

Bwana 05-25-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 11518824)
Do any of you guys have the socks with the individual toes???...Those are weird...Creep me out...

I have seen girls wear those but never a dude.

BucEyedPea 05-25-2015 05:08 PM

I have socks but not tons but I don't know where in the hell they all are there are so many onesies. They just seem to disappear on me. Most are from when I lived up north and no longer wear. Don't need unless for athletic footwear. I flop around usually with no socks down here. But it's cold in my room in the winter here so I wear a pair of tennis socks to bed.

Never had a hole except for one old woolen pair I used up north. Think they were for skiing.

Rain Man 05-25-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 11518824)

Oh. Add six more pairs to my total, though I need to throw those out. They're in a different drawer and I never wear them. I had a short-term experiment with those individual-toe running shoes and had to buy six pairs of toe socks to fit them. That experiment went very poorly.

The shoes weren't comfortable at all and the socks were just as bad. I had to snip the between-toe parts because they toe pockets weren't long enough. I aborted that mission in its early phases.

SAUTO 05-25-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11518828)
I have seen girls wear those but never a dude.

One admits it two posts below yours

Rain Man 05-25-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11518887)
One admits it two posts below yours

Yeah, but they were athletic toe socks. They weren't above-the-knee rainbow toe socks.

SAUTO 05-25-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11518889)
Yeah, but they were athletic toe socks. They weren't above-the-knee rainbow toe socks.

Fair enough