ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ron Parker coming back? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291311)

ILChief 03-14-2015 11:47 AM

This says they don't plan on Berry coming back

Hootie 03-14-2015 11:48 AM

did we really just give this guy $6M a year?! Good Lord. Well, can't win 'em all, I guess LMAO

RunKC 03-14-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11382675)
It's probably more like a 2 year, $11 million dollar deal and not a 5 year, $30 million dollars deal.

Relax, people.

I bet this is backloaded and he won't see that money..

O.city 03-14-2015 11:49 AM

In terms of ayers, like many players, it's more about scheme and fit.

If parker fits here like they think, overpaying a bit isn't a big deal

DJ's left nut 03-14-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11382663)
Then you're a ****ing idiot.

Nah, he's just not a militantly ignorant goddamn whiner.

You have no idea, none whatsoever, how this contract is structured and you're still sitting here bleeding out.

Then again, you're just going to bitch regardless so I guess there's no harm in staking your position before you're aware of the substance.

You've gone full ****ing Clay. Bitching about $70 million in contracts to guys you know will see maybe 1/2 of that is just wailing for the sake of wailing.

Jim Lahey 03-14-2015 11:49 AM

I'm fine with this. He's a solid player at single high. Terrible corner, but solid safety.

There was a huge market for Parker and McCourtey this year because single high safeties are hard to find and this safety draft class is bad.

ILChief 03-14-2015 11:49 AM

Glad parker is back though. Good safety that can help out at corner is valuable.

Mr. Laz 03-14-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

It's probably more like a 2 year, $11 million dollar deal and not a 5 year, $30 million dollars deal.

Relax, people.

5/6 million for 2 years is still too much!!

I sure as hell hope so but there will a number of guys who can do what Parker did for us in the 2nd-5th round of the draft for a fraction of that price.

What is the deal with Dorsey paying a bunch of money to Jags?

pay the impact guys, draft the jags for cheap

:doh!:

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11382669)
Structure, people.

Structure, structure, structure, structure. Calm down before your flip your shit because the structure will determine absolutely everything about this deal.

In the end I think we'll probably be a little annoyed by the deal, but not $6 mil/per annoyed.

He's a guy that credibly plays single-high safety and there just aren't a lot of those to be found. A TON of our success on deep balls last year came from his ability to really blanket deep. Additionally, with a healthy Branch, Abdullah could play nickle safety like he did a couple years back and you suddenly have a pretty nice coverage package and credible run defense with Branch/Abdullah being well above average for SS and NCB respectively and Parker being merely average in run defense for a FS.

This gives Sutton a TON of looks he can employ. Parker's a very nice fit for what we would try to do.

Wait until the structure trickles out before you lose your shit. If we end up paying him $12 million over the first 3, it's a solid deal, $15 million and it's a mild overpay but nothing brutal. Beyond that and I think we got hosed. Hosed or not hosed though, he's a good fit here.

You are greatly overrating Parker's coverage ability as a single high safety. He did not "blanket" deep. That is extremely hyperbolic. Most of our secondary's success came from the constant terror inflicted on QBs by the front seven.

There were several players at in-demand positions out there who were younger with longer track records of success who got less money than this.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-14-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11382690)
Nah, he's just not a militantly ignorant goddamn whiner.

You have no idea, none whatsoever, how this contract is structured and you're still sitting here bleeding out.

Then again, you're just going to bitch regardless so I guess there's no harm in staking your position before you're aware of the substance.

You've gone full ****ing Clay. Bitching about $70 million in contracts to guys you know will see maybe 1/2 of that is just wailing for the sake of wailing.

Thanks, DJ well said.

the Talking Can 03-14-2015 11:51 AM

did anyone really want us to give hudson 9mill a year?

Mr. Laz 03-14-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11382689)
In terms of ayers, like many players, it's more about scheme and fit.

If parker fits here like they think, overpaying a bit isn't a big deal

overpaying is always a big deal

DJ's left nut 03-14-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Relax, people.

They probably don't give him 5 years if they didn't chip in a fairly substantial signing bonus that they're looking to spread. If that's the case, they probably won't be eager to accelerate it into year 2.

I'd imagine we're looking at what will amount to a 3-year deal.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11382683)
Ask any Titans fan about Ayers and they'll tell you he sucks.

He got lucky with half a season in New England and cashed out.

And $9 million for a center is the definition of stupidity.

He got 2/6 from the Rams.

Parker played well here for half a season and will likely see 2-3 times that in guaranteed money.

Do you not see the irony in your argument?

Hootie 03-14-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11382681)
My question is who restructured their deal because we had dick for cap room.

the salary cap is a myth ... every year you just leverage towards the next year or the next two years ... rinse, wash, repeat

Clark is spending a lot of up front money and people are still mad. Go figure.