ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Harrison Ford confirmed for 'Blade Runner' sequel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290955)

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11356219)
Sean Young's character didn't have an expiration date either. Of course that still brings up the question of "Do replicants age physically?"

If Harrison Ford is to a replicant, the answer would be yes.

But the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of a sequel, as it just may ruin the original.

Deberg_1990 03-02-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11356270)

But the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of a sequel, as it just may ruin the original.

Kingdom of the Crystal Blade Runner?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-02-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11356381)

Ugh.

crazycoffey 03-03-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11353627)
I don't think I've sat straight through it either. Or if I did, the details didn't resonate.

Don't remember it as a bad movie, just not the most memorable of ones.

Well, if you think Han solo had a light saber, you clearly haven't seen the movies.

Baby Lee 03-03-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11359491)
Well, if you think Han solo had a light saber, you clearly haven't seen the movies.

Brain fart. There was supposed to be a 'buddy's' in there.

And again, the fuzzy one is Blade Runner, that's BLAAAADE RUNNNNERRRRRRRR. . .

listopencil 03-04-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11356270)

What sucks is, this could be really good. Lots of ways they could take the story that would be really fun and interesting. I just worry that it will be crap instead.

Pepe Silvia 03-04-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11353256)
And Harrison is not what he once was. Watch him in interviews.

I am concerned...

He looked pretty bad on Jimmy Fallon.

crazycoffey 03-04-2015 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11359529)
Brain fart. There was supposed to be a 'buddy's' in there.

And again, the fuzzy one is Blade Runner, that's BLAAAADE RUNNNNERRRRRRRR. . .

I know, I read the thread. Just saying how someone could see a preceding post about Han solo having a light saber followed by a post saying you didn't watch the (implied blade runner) movie. One could be misled.

Lawyered...... /Marshall Ericson

JD10367 03-04-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11356381)

Someone who is big into sci-fi told me that the reason "Crystal Skull" was so ****ed up was because of Lucas. Spielberg and Ford fought to change the plot but Lucas insisted it revolve around aliens, and eventually it came to the point that the film wasn't going to get made unless Ford and Spielberg caved in so they just said, "**** it, we'll do with George's way and collect a paycheck." Not sure how accurate any of this is, but the larger point is that as long as Lucas doesn't have anything to do with the new "Blade Runner" script it'll probably be an okay movie.

There's a lot of documentation about the end of the original movie, and how the happy ending voiceover was added at the demand of the studio. The insinuation that he was also a replicant, along with the fact that she probably was going to die soon just like the other replicants, were both buried in that film. So it really depends with this new film on how they want to take it: he could be a replicant or he could be human, she could be dead or she could be just as old as he is, it really just depends on where they want to go with the plot. All I know is, at his age there won't be a lot of running. Maybe they should call it "Blade Walking" (with tennis balls on the front feet).

Rausch 03-04-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11360062)
Maybe they should call it "Blade Walking" (with tennis balls on the front feet).

https://38.media.tumblr.com/7308bcd7...epkqo1_400.gif