ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Floyd and Pacman set to fight May 2nd!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290776)

kcxiv 02-21-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11339537)
Money Mayweather is going to beat the shit out of this rube.

Floyd never beats ths shit out of anyone. He wins, but he hasnt knocked anyone out in like 10 years other then Victor Ortiz and that wouldnt have happened if Ortiz wasnt a stupid ass n tried to hug him! lol

-King- 02-21-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11340326)
I bet PBF pretty much whoops Pac. I'm not saying a knockout. but.

Floyd doesn't whoop people. What he does is use his great defense to his advantage in that he only needs to land a few punches and do a few counters to win a fight.

Thats why I hope Pac doesn't get too aggressive. He got too aggressive in the Marquez fight when he was winning and ended up getting countered and knocked out even though he was beating Marquez's ass the whole fight prior to that. Floyd is a master at countering, can't leave yourself wide open like Pac has a tendency to do.

-King- 02-21-2015 05:57 PM

Cheapest Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Tickets Over $4,000 On Secondary Market

It may be later than most have wanted, but “The Fight of the Century” is happening. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have signed a contract, agreeing to fight later this year. As the fight has finally on the books, prospective fans hoping to attend will be looking at the most expensive boxing tickets ever tracked on the secondary market. According to Darren Rovell of ESPN, the early word is that the lower level face price will be around $3,500. While that is an astronomical price, it pales in comparison to the $100 million purse that the two fighters will be competing for.

Between endorsements, sponsors and the massive time spent planning and trash talking, both fighters have reveled in the idea of squaring off for the better half of a decade, but negotiations have fallen through each time. As the world awaited a fifth pass, an agreement has been reached with the premiere fight scheduled for May 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Now that both camps have signed on the dotted line, they should be ready to generate millions of dollars from the fight, win, lose of draw. In what would be the most lucrative and highest-grossing fight of all-time, Mayweather vs Pacquiao is already generating prices above almost anything else we’ve seen in recent history on the secondary market. With the cheapest ticket on the secondary market is currently going for over $4,000, the only comparable event we’ve see was the recent Super Bowl between the Seahawks and Patriots, which had get-in prices close to the $5,000 mark.

58-4ever 02-21-2015 08:32 PM

This fight would've been cool 4 years ago

In58men 02-21-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11340881)
This fight would've been cool 4 years ago

This post has become ****ing annoying.

BWillie 02-22-2015 04:35 AM

I dont quite understand why so many people like watching small men fight. No weight divisions IMO. If there were no weight divisions Mayweather would be pumping gas. Is there an NFL for 140 lbs men? No? Why not? That's not fair! What about an NBA where the max height is 6 ft? Why don't they have that?

Bufkin 02-22-2015 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11340903)

You've become ****ing annoying.

LoneWolf 02-22-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11340903)

Well, you'd definitely be the expert on annoying. What's wrong with pointing out that this fight should have happened years ago? If Mayweather wasn't such a bitch and quite possibly the most overrated fighter in my lifetime, this fight would have taken place when both fighters were in their prime.

kcxiv 02-22-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11340326)
I bet PBF pretty much whoops Pac. I'm not saying a knockout. but.

Floyd hasn't whooped anyone since hatton lol. He's won but hasn't whooped anyone in years.

Simply Red 02-22-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11341195)
Floyd hasn't whooped anyone since hatton lol. He's won but hasn't whooped anyone in years.

True, I bet he points him to death - is what I mean. Okay - maybe that's not a whooping. He'll beat Pac at this point though, IMO.

Bufkin 02-22-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11341195)

It may not have been a KO, but he absolutely mopped the floor with Robert Guerrero. The 4th round knockout on Cruz counts too right?

Pacquiao's last loss? A 6th round KO. If you want to criticize FMM for not finishing fights decisively, why give Pac-Man a pass? When's the last time he knocked a guy out? Like 2008? Come on now.

Simply Red 02-22-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11341197)
It may not have been a KO, but he absolutely mopped the floor with Robert Guerrero. The 4th round knockout on Cruz counts too right?

Pacquiao's last loss? A 6th round KO. If you want to criticize FMM for not finishing fights decisively, why give Pac-Man a pass? When's the last time he knocked a guy out? Like 2008? Come on now.

I think if I tackled Pacquiao - I'd have a chance, I think I would charge him like a bull, then fake high - then go low and use an old Judo move I remember from the military. That'd be my approach.

Simply Red 02-22-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11341178)
I dont quite understand why so many people like watching small men fight. No weight divisions IMO. If there were no weight divisions Mayweather would be pumping gas. Is there an NFL for 140 lbs men? No? Why not? That's not fair! What about an NBA where the max height is 6 ft? Why don't they have that?

well - Hagler vs Leonard - well that was another story - those were always solid match ups. Hagler always brought it.

WhawhaWhat 02-22-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11341191)
Well, you'd definitely be the expert on annoying. What's wrong with pointing out that this fight should have happened years ago? If Mayweather wasn't such a bitch and quite possibly the most overrated fighter in my lifetime, this fight would have taken place when both fighters were in their prime.

Or if Manny didn't pretend to be afraid of needles.

tredadda 02-22-2015 09:18 AM

This will be the biggest test for Mayweather in quite a few years. He has been hand picking easy opponents for years now so it is really hard to say how good he truly still is. It's like LeBron James choosing to play a one on one game against a college freshman. Sure he will dominate as expected, but now if he were to play against Durant it would be a different story. Not saying he wouldn't win, but it wouldn't be a cake walk.