ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jerry Rice Admits to Using Stickum On His Gloves (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290451)

Demonpenz 02-06-2015 08:39 PM

anyone that successful has to be an epic doosh. Babe Ruth never flushed the toilet.

Marcellus 02-07-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11314398)
He was and is very disliked by people that knew the "real" Jerry Rice.

It's like the people that worshipped Derrick Thomas on Sunday's versus the people, like me, that saw him constantly at strip clubs and banging strippers while fathering children all over town.

Thats a great comparison. DT while he may have had his issues, and could be an asshole was and is generally worshiped not disliked.

You are far from the first person to imply DT wasn't close to being a saint.

Take what the vast majority of the KC fan base thinks of DT and multiply it x100 and you have Rice.

phisherman 02-07-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11314467)
That's all good. But I can tell you from personal experience, whether it's a guy like DT or even David Lee Roth, it can be a bummer to meet people you admire for their talent.

Yeah, Derrick was a real piece of work. My favorite was when he would hop behind the bar at The Locker Room at 40 and Noland and "serve drinks". I think the last time I saw him in person, I asked him for 2 beers and gave him a $10 bill. He gave me back maybe 5-6 beers and about $30 in various bills.

He did this frequently too.

Gravedigger 02-07-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11314860)
Thats a great comparison. DT while he may have had his issues, and could be an asshole was and is generally worshiped not disliked.

You are far from the first person to imply DT wasn't close to being a saint.

Take what the vast majority of the KC fan base thinks of DT and multiply it x100 and you have Rice.

I'll don't care what DT puts his dick into, the worst thing you can hold against him is not practicing hard. DT never needed to put shit on his jersey or gloves to make him or that D play better.

rabblerouser 02-07-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 11314012)
Man, I hate when I do that.

I agree completely. The cheating thing has just become a joke to me.

Obviously, the NFL doesn't really care or they would stop it.

You know the old saying, "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying."

Quote:

Quote:

:hmmm:

rabblerouser 02-07-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11314011)
Yep. It's hilarious how Irvin got the bad rap and everyone thought Rice was a choir boy.

Also heard that Rice swung both ways.

Well, speaking from the pint of view of someone who had to explain to his Afro-American co-worker that, it doesn't matter who's doing the sucking, if you let a male suck you off or touch you in any sexual way, the acts constitute homosexuality; therefore, he himself engaged in homosexual behavior.

"Naw, mang; you don't get it. I'm the one getting MY dick sucked...so I ain't gay."

:hmmm:

WhiteWhale 02-07-2015 09:07 AM

Yup.

Clearly this means Rice was actually a terrible player. Plus I heard other rumors about him and since I assume they're true he's a terrible person. I like gossip! /cp

SAUTO 02-07-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11314148)
I've thought the deflation thing was bullshit all along. I think every team cheats on a weekly basis, that many rules are...flexible and that everybody is always looking for some edge, cheap or otherwise.

The best theory I've heard was that the whole deflation thing was leaked to divert any attention away from Goodell' s handling of Ray Rice and domestic violence the two weeks leading into the superbowl. Something innocuous to occupy the national narrative.

Best one I've heard is that the colts deflated the ball prior to giving it to the refs.

That's why one ball was so far under and the rest were close to 12.5

Saccopoo 02-07-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11314089)
who gives a ****

honestly

rice is probably the best player that ever touched a football

how many mother****ers sprayed stickum on their shit and dont even qualify to hold rice's ****ign jockstrap or sniff his cup

Rice wasn't even the best receiver, let alone the best football player.

Montana and Young throwing to you for your entire career?

And then think about doing it with Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg passing you the ball instead.

http://throwbacksnw.com/blog/wp-cont...nd-Largent.jpg

Quote:

When Largent retired, he held all major NFL receiving records, including: most receptions in a career (819), most receiving yards in a career (13,089), and most touchdown receptions (100). He was also in possession of a then-record streak of 177 consecutive regular-season games with a reception. He also holds the distinction as the first receiver in NFL history to achieve 100 touchdown receptions in his career.

chiefzilla1501 02-07-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11315046)
Rice wasn't even the best receiver, let alone the best football player.

Montana and Young throwing to you for your entire career?

And then think about doing it with Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg passing you the ball instead.

http://throwbacksnw.com/blog/wp-cont...nd-Largent.jpg

Rice was the best of all time. Period.

Saccopoo 02-07-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11315062)
Rice was the best of all time. Period.

No, he wasn't.

Two top-ten QB's of all time.

Roger Craig.

Tom Rathman.

Superb offensive line.

Largent set every record prior to Rice breaking them with dog shit around him.

Not even close.

keg in kc 02-07-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11314166)
A near decade of impossible otherwise fumble numbers says otherwise about the deflate incident.

I wasn't saying they didn't do it. I was suggesting that they've always done it and the league leaked the story at the time they did on purpose.

Ebolapox 02-07-2015 11:33 AM

Rice is among the best football players ever

Just Passin' By 02-07-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11314166)
A near decade of impossible otherwise fumble numbers says otherwise about the deflate incident.

This is the problem with accusations. Even after they are proven false, idiots still cite them as if they are valid.

chiefzilla1501 02-07-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11315082)
No, he wasn't.

Two top-ten QB's of all time.

Roger Craig.

Tom Rathman.

Superb offensive line.

Largent set every record prior to Rice breaking them with dog shit around him.

Not even close.

Is this supposed to be serious? Rice didn't just break Largents records. He shattered them. So Largent should be considered better because he broke the record before rice did?