ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288575)

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11136785)
I don't hate Eric Berry. He is probably a pretty good player. But he's not even close to what he was billed as coming out of Tennessee. Not even close.

before his injury.. he would take INSANE angles under blockers..his run support was nothing short of outstanding.

not writing him off, but he looked like he could barely run on that pursuit... gotta be playing hurt.

funny...what kept coming back to me during the Faid game was the loss of DJ.

I highly doubt they win if he's playing.

The Franchise 11-22-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11136804)
before his injury.. he would take INSANE angles under blockers..his run support was nothing short of outstanding.

not writing him off, but he looked like he could barely run on that pursuit... gotta be playing hurt.

I know it's crazy but I think we have 2-3 more wins with DJ.

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

From my point of view, if Berry is not hurt, he's playing not to get hurt.

He's tentative, has taken bad angles and has either lost several steps or he's thinking too much. In any case, he's either physically damaged or emotionally damaged and isn't the same player we've seen in the past.

The loss of DJ was huge. Mauga's been very respectable, especially considering this is his full season since 2008, but he's not playing at DJ's level.

Hootie 11-22-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

I agree with all of this.

DJ, apparently, single handedly, was an amazing run stopper. Amazing. No way we lose that game with DJ. Or get manhandled in the run game against Buffalo and Seattle.

Losing him really hurt.

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11136818)
From my point of view, if Berry is not hurt, he's playing not to get hurt.

He's tentative, has taken bad angles and has either lost several steps or he's thinking too much. In any case, he's either physically damaged or emotionally damaged and isn't the same player we've seen in the past.

The loss of DJ was huge. Mauga's been very respectable, especially considering this is his full season since 2008, but he's not playing at DJ's level.

that's a good way to describe it..., that SJ hit still pisses me off..at that point Berry was a rising star.

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11136817)
I know it's crazy but I think we have 2-3 more wins with DJ.

at least two...

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11136820)
I agree with all of this.

DJ, apparently, single handedly, was an amazing run stopper. Amazing. No way we lose that game with DJ. Or get manhandled in the run game against Buffalo and Seattle.

Losing him really hurt.

..miss the INTS

The Franchise 11-22-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11136835)
..miss the INTS

This. DJ can play the run AND cover. It sucks that he'll probably never be 100% again.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11136835)
..miss the INTS

If we just catch one of those interceptions against the Faiders.

We dropped like 5?

ThaVirus 11-22-2014 01:16 PM

People seem to forget Berry's best season as a pro was last year.

That 2011 injury really ****ed up the trajectory of his career, but he was playing the best ball of his career at this time last year. He's been dealing with that foot injury and now has the high ankle sprain. I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

I wish we had the luxury of sitting him until he's 100% but we'll need him while Parker is playing CB.

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11136839)
If we just catch one of those interceptions against the Faiders.

We dropped like 5?

yup

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11136841)
I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

agreed..his closing speed has always been tremendous.

The Franchise 11-22-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11136841)
People seem to forget Berry's best season as a pro was last year.

That 2011 injury really ****ed up the trajectory of his career, but he was playing the best ball of his career at this time last year. He's been dealing with that foot injury and now has the high ankle sprain. I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

I wish we had the luxury of sitting him until he's 100% but we'll need him while Parker is playing CB.

Yeah....I think if Cooper was actually playing well....they wouldn't have had to rush Berry back.

stevieray 11-22-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11136838)
This. DJ can play the run AND cover. It sucks that he'll probably never be 100% again.

I has a sad.

ThaVirus 11-22-2014 01:24 PM

Losing DJ really ****ed us. At this point you could probably say losing Devito was a blessing in disguise, but DJ would make all the difference this season. I'm 100% confident that we win that game in Oakland with DJ. We probably win @ SF as well.