ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU *** Official 2014-15 Mizzou Basketball Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287934)

duncan_idaho 11-14-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11111258)
Seems this is the culmination of toast 2 terrible coaching hires coming to a head wth the final dagger into the ADs chest

Anderson was a solid coaching hire, even if it it ended poorly.

Snyder was obviously a disaster-level move, especially considering who he was chosen over.

Haith was also a terrible move.

Part of the issue is that very few basketball coaches with options want to work for Mike Alden. He has a very bad rap in hoops circles.

This is a desperation move, and I have very little optimism about it working. Hopefully, if it doesn't, Alden is not allowed to hire another basketball coach.

I don't think Loftin is as satisfied with Alden's work (or as sold on his bullshit) as Alden's previous boss was.

TribalElder 11-14-2014 09:48 PM

Dagger of a 3 LMAO

O.city 11-14-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11111268)
Anderson was a solid coaching hire, even if it it ended poorly.

Snyder was obviously a disaster-level move, especially considering who he was chosen over.

Haith was also a terrible move.

Part of the issue is that very few basketball coaches with options want to work for Mike Alden. He has a very bad rap in hoops circles.

This is a desperation move, and I have very little optimism about it working. Hopefully, if it doesn't, Alden is not allowed to hire another basketball coach.

I don't think Loftin is as satisfied with Alden's work (or as sold on his bullshit) as Alden's previous boss was.

I don't think Anderson was a good hire, by any means. But that's 3 straight hires and the program isn't really on an upswing.

This last one reeked of desperation as you say.

TribalElder 11-14-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11111275)
I don't think Anderson was a good hire, by any means. But that's 3 straight hires and the program isn't really on an upswing.

Mike not kim I'm guessing

O.city 11-14-2014 09:51 PM

While it seems awful now, it's still really too soon to determine this last hire a failure.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-14-2014 09:51 PM

Missouri five minutes away from losing to UMKC.

Welcome to the Kim Anderson era. Great hire, Mike!

TribalElder 11-14-2014 09:52 PM

Deangelo Allen is way better than rosburg

Pepe Silvia 11-14-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 11111283)
Missouri five minutes away from losing to UMKC.

Welcome to the Kim Anderson era. Great hire, Mike!

And you're always the sunny optimistic, we're in trouble if this guy thinks the move is bad. lol

TribalElder 11-14-2014 09:55 PM

Aids manifested

duncan_idaho 11-14-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11111275)

I meant Mike Anderson.

Anyone who saw me flip the **** out when Kim Anderson began being seriously rumored as a candidate for this job would know that (but I don't think you were in those threads).

TomBarndtsTwin 11-14-2014 09:57 PM

Embarrassing. Mizzou's basketball program is on its way to becoming the equivalent of KU's football program.

They should burn that arena to the ground and start over.
Bring back Hearnes!

TomBarndtsTwin 11-14-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11111286)
And you're always the sunny optimistic, we're in trouble if this guy thinks the move is bad. lol

Yeah.

And I have absolutely ZERO optimism for Mizzou's basketball program.

GloryDayz 11-14-2014 10:00 PM

Is it being televised locally (in KC), can't find it on Time Warner?

Pepe Silvia 11-14-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 11111291)
Yeah.

And I have absolutely ZERO optimism for Mizzou's basketball program.

It's hard to have any.

Pepe Silvia 11-14-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11111297)
Is it being televised locally (in KC), can't find it on Time Warner?

No, KC has pretty much cast the Roos from ever being televised here again, heck Municipal quit hosting their games, that's how bad mizzou has fallen folks, we just lost to a wounded Kangaroo.