ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Proposed trades at the deadline (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287717)

chiefs1111 10-22-2014 07:04 PM

What about offering Buffalo a 6th for Mike Williams??

-King- 10-22-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 11041276)
What about offering Buffalo a 6th for Mike Williams??

No.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 07:43 PM

Yeah... I agree with Clay.

Our entire passing game churns on receiver YACs Percy Harvin would have actually been a good fit ON the field.

Off the field... who knows.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11040483)
Step 1: Take Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis to a strip club.
Step 2: Call Hootie
Step 3: Roofie them; snag Brandin Cooks.
Step 4: Tell Brandin everything will be alright (in a reassuring manner)
Step 5:???
Step 6: Profit

I bet we could get to the WC game before charges are brought.

I'm in.

TimeForWasp 10-22-2014 08:48 PM

Bowe for Johnny football..

Easy 6 10-22-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11042276)

DieNow

BigCatDaddy 10-22-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11042276)

I'd trade Bowe for Hoyer.

O.city 10-22-2014 09:04 PM

I know the whole smith doesn't throw to WR's jazz and all, and maybe it's just the Woodford Reserve talking, but I think this team is Eric Berry coming back and playing at a pro bowl level and a potential top 10 is wr like Vincent away from being able to compete in the AFC.

I'd sling a 5 or 6 rounder

The Bad Guy 10-22-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040128)
Should have traded Houston, Poe you have to keep if you're insistent on the 3-4.

But if you want to be real here, they never should have traded for Smith, should have let Bowe walk after 2013 and should have traded JC. They would have sucked in '13 but the team would be in a much better position to move forward than they are in now with an aging, game manager QB, with past-prime starters like DJ and Tamba and young guys who are going to demand a ton in FA like Berry and Houston.

For the love of jesus.

They are in fine position to move forward. The cap is going up, they have 10 million to roll over to next year, they have players with contracts they can get out from under with cap savings (Devito, Daniels, Fasano). There's probably more and I would hope they'd try to re-work Tamba's deal

The Bad Guy 10-22-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11042394)
I know the whole smith doesn't throw to WR's jazz and all, and maybe it's just the Woodford Reserve talking, but I think this team is Eric Berry coming back and playing at a pro bowl level and a potential top 10 is wr like Vincent away from being able to compete in the AFC.

I'd sling a 5 or 6 rounder

You're basically absorbing almost 10 million in base salaries over the 15 and 16 seasons.

I highly doubt any team is willing.

Sorter 10-22-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11041623)
I bet we could get to the WC game before charges are brought.

I'm in.

We can bring Frosty as our reassuring Beaver voice to settle Cooks down.

Wallcrawler 10-22-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 11042703)
For the love of jesus.

They are in fine position to move forward. The cap is going up, they have 10 million to roll over to next year, they have players with contracts they can get out from under with cap savings (Devito, Daniels, Fasano). There's probably more and I would hope they'd try to re-work Tamba's deal

X1000

Tamba Hali is huge. If we could somehow retain him without screwing our ability to improve the team, every avenue needs to be taken to get that done.

There's no possible way they can be serious about Dee Ford assuming Hali's role next season.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 10:39 PM

I think Ford works best in the role he's occupied this season.

As a specialty rusher on 3rd and longs, and as a spot starter with great upside if Houston/Hali go down. He seems a long ways off from being the every-down terror off the edge that Hali clearly still is.

This team needs to keep Hali.

thabear04 10-23-2014 12:57 AM

Nate Washington could be on trade block for Titans

The Tennessee Titans parted ways with one veteran on Tuesday in Akeem Ayers. Could Nate Washington be the next known commodity to be sent on his way?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL Total Access that teams have been calling the Titans about Washington, who recently lost his starting job in Tennessee to Justin Hunter.

Rapoport has heard the Titans could be looking to part ways with some of their high-paid veterans. Washington, 31, is in the final year of a six-year, $26.8 million contract signed in March 2009. He's making $4.8 million this season.

Washington has 13 receptions for 169 yards in seven games. His best season came in 2011, when he had 74 catches for 1,023 yards and seven touchdowns. He's become a complementary player in Ken Whisenhunt's offense this season, playing behind Hunter and Kendall Wright.

Washington is who he is at this point, a serviceable No. 3-type receiver who can make an impact in the right situation. We imagine he can be had for a late-round pick.

I would pass with that 4.8 mill on him.

Direckshun 10-23-2014 01:05 AM

With only this year, $4.8 million? He comes clean off the cap in 2015. I bet you can have him for dirt cheap.

I would TOTALLY put the trigger for a late-rounder on Washington. That's the consistent route-runner this team desperately needs.