ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Is Marijuana a gateway for harder drugs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285813)

loochy 08-20-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10834980)
Does everyone who smokes weed do meth?

Someone needs to take Logic 101.

all people that riot are black

all black people riot?

htismaqe 08-20-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10834913)
**** meth but you should have tried the LSD. It's fun. :thumb:

LSD was the first "drug" I ever tried (I'm not counting booze). After LSD, I tried quite a few things.

Pot was actually like the 3rd or 4th thing I tried.

OMG, acid is a gateway drug!

ToxSocks 08-20-2014 10:28 AM

Masturbation is a gateway to unprotected sex with whores.

Dave Lane 08-20-2014 10:29 AM

Is alcohol?

Saccopoo 08-20-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Anti-drug advocates who have admonished for years that marijuana is a "gateway drug" may be on to something, according to a study by Yale University School of Medicine researchers....

The Yale study, which appears online in the Journal of Adolescent Health, showed that alcohol, cigarettes and marijuana were associated with an increased likelihood of prescription drug abuse in men 18 to 25. In women of that age, only marijuana use was linked with a higher likelihood of prescription drug abuse.
Quote:

The study found that, among both men and women, those who had used marijuana were 2.5 times more likely than those their age who abstained to later dabble in prescription drugs. Also, young men who drank alcohol or smoked cigarettes were 25 percent more likely to abuse prescription opioids. However, the study didn't show an association between alcohol or cigarette use in young women and later use of prescription drugs.
To summarize, chicks who smoke weed will be more inclined to do meth and sell out their asshole for $15 bucks a shot to go buy more meth.

ActiveShooter 08-20-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10834913)
**** meth but you should have tried the LSD. It's fun. :thumb:

This explains everything

Ming the Merciless 08-20-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10835005)
To summarize, chicks who smoke weed will be more inclined to do meth and sell out their asshole for $15 bucks a shot to go buy more meth.

In summary some dipshit reerun on a sports message board still doesn't understand correlation versus causation!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4053/4...826a3c120d.jpg

Saccopoo 08-20-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10835012)
In summary some dipshit reerun on a sports message board still doesn't understand correlation versus causation!!

I understand it just fine.

I'm simply inserting a little convergent cross mapping into the conversation.

I fully expected the dumber people to not get it, so I put pictures in the thread as well.

WhiteWhale 08-20-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10835005)

I think you're just trolling now.

htismaqe 08-20-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10835023)

Then why did you post a study that shows a clear correlation and exactly zero causation?

htismaqe 08-20-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10835039)
I think you're just trolling now.

He's a Mormon. Weed is the devil.

Pablo 08-20-2014 10:47 AM

One joint and your kid is blowing truckers for crank the next week.

Play it safe.

WhiteWhale 08-20-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10835023)

I'm simply inserting a little convergent cross mapping into the conversation.

I fully expected the dumber people to not get it, so I put pictures in the thread as well.

You are asserting that a correlation is the causation. Nobody is denying the overlap.

The fact that people who do hard drugs once did softer drugs is something that one should be able to ascertain fairly easily. I don't see it as evidence to a causal relationship from weed to meth. People chose their path, the weed didn't do it for them.

Tombstone RJ 08-20-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 10834860)
With the legalization of two states, the trend is going to sweep the nation in next 20 years. Being a father, I like to teach my children about certain paths in life to take or not to take. Personally, I don't touch Marijuana and I don't want my kids to touch that at all. But kids just like to listen to their peers.

How does the board view about this?

marijuana is a gateway to icecream and brownies lol. No but seriously, I don't think it necessarily is a gateway drug but if someone who already has a propensity for addiction consumes marijuana then it might well be a gateway drug, however, alcohol will too, along with nicotine, etc. I'd worry more about the long term affects on the lungs of inhaling smoke. Sure, if marijuana is abused it's bad, but then again, anything that is abused becomes a negative. Moderation is the key, some people can do this, some can't. Those who can't do anything in moderation should not drink nor try drugs IMHO.

Pablo 08-20-2014 10:53 AM

The only people who use the term gateway drug anymore are out of touch burb dwellers that wear their pants above their belly button and think laffy taffy is risky after seven p.m. because it's gets them wound up.