ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns "alarmed" by some of Manziel's behavior (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285274)

Hootie 07-27-2014 06:51 AM

he could literally never play a down in the NFL and he doesn't compare to Ryan Leaf

Manziel was the 22nd pick, not the 2nd pick

I'll pull for the guy. I think a lot of his haters are simply jealous.

Bufkin 07-27-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10769716)
he could literally never play a down in the NFL and he doesn't compare to Ryan Leaf

If Manziel literally never played a down, his TD/INT ratio would look a lot hotter than if he does literally play a down, which unfortunately for his sake will be sooner rather than later. Hopefully his selfie game with Biebs stays hotter than his future QB rating.

I'm not pulling for the guy, because he's a cocky douchebag. As for the expected "you're just jealous" line that usually follows making fun of a reerun, I can't think of one redeeming quality that I'm jealous of in Manziel. I guess he's a millionaire now, but getting drafted by the Browns kinda cancels that out. Partying with Drake is also something that barely misses the cut of things I would be jealous of.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-27-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10769681)
He just doesn't get it.

He gets it all right. His new name should be "Billy Bad Ass".

The rest of the league will be trying to follow in his footsteps within 3 years.

It'll be expected for football players , and especially QB's to go party every night . everyone will be rolling up twenties ,fifties and hundreds trying to be like Billy bad ass.

Bufkin 07-27-2014 07:05 AM

Also for Manziel's sake, he better pray to Jehovah that Joe Thomas stays healthy when he's spending the entire quarter looking for an open receiver. Otherwise, he''s going to get split open quicker than Michael Sam's Italian boyfriend.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-27-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10769697)
I tell you what....

I like this media darling a HELL OF A LOT more than Tim Tebow. And it's not even close.

I'll pull for Johnny. I ****ing LOATHED Tebow and his attention whoring bullshit. I'm glad he's dead to everyone.

THIS ! ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT !

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-27-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10769722)
Also for Manziel's sake, he better pray to Jehovah that Joe Thomas stays healthy when he's spending the entire quarter looking for an open receiver. Otherwise, he''s going to get split open quicker than Michael Sam's Italian boyfriend.

:LOL:

Bufkin 07-27-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10769720)
He gets it all right. His new name should be "Billy Bad Ass".

The rest of the league will be trying to follow in his footsteps within 3 years.

It'll be expected for football players , and especially QB's to go party every night . everyone will be rolling up twenties ,fifties and hundreds trying to be like Billy bad ass.

When Ryan Leaf had a post-draft party in Vegas, a lot of people were turned off and questioned where his priorities might be when the season started. Manziel's rookie offseason takes me back to 1998. It's Deja Vu all over again.

With that said, I would be stupid to compare Johnny Manziel to Ryan Leaf. Leaf had a stronger arm, stood 6'6", was better in the pocket coming out of college, and didn't overshoot his deep ball.

milkman 07-27-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10769716)

I don't think it's jealousy.

I think the average fan has certain expectations of the image that QBs, the face of a franchise, should project.

When they don't fall into that narrow view, those fans can't help themselves.
They want that guy to fail.

Eleazar 07-27-2014 07:14 AM

It seems pretty obvious that he thinks he's going to walk into the league and dominate with athleticism like he has before. After he fails at that, he will have to answer the critical question of whether he is going to put in the work and take the NFL seriously.

The odds were always against him - they are stacked heavily against even ideal QB prospects who fit the profile of successful QBs in the NFL. Only about 15 or 20 people in the world at a given time are going to be decent QBs in the NFL. It must be troubling to Browns fans to see someone with so far to go deciding that he'll worry about football later, summer is for women and blow.

Bufkin 07-27-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10769731)
I don't think it's jealousy.

I think the average fan has certain expectations of the image that QBs, the face of a franchise, should project.

When they don't fall into that narrow view, those fans can't help themselves.
They want that guy to fail.

Do you kill dogs?

Are you a raging, cringe-worthy douchebag?

If you answered no to either of these questions, your QB image is perfectly fine by me.

milkman 07-27-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10769733)
It seems pretty obvious that he thinks he's going to walk into the league and dominate with athleticism like he has before. After he fails at that, he will have to answer the critical question of whether he is going to put in the work and take the NFL seriously.

The odds were always against him - they are stacked heavily against even ideal QB prospects who fit the profile of successful QBs in the NFL. Only about 15 or 20 people in the world at a given time are going to be decent QBs in the NFL. It must be troubling to Browns fans to see someone with so far to go deciding that he'll worry about football later, summer is for women and blow.

He's out partying.

There's no way he could be spending any of the time he's not in camp studying the playbook.

Rasputin 07-27-2014 07:24 AM

I'd be shocked if Manziel doesn't do something stupid off the field and get himself in trouble. That said I'd still rather have him than Alex Smith.

Bwana 07-27-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10769744)
I'd be shocked if Manziel doesn't do something stupid off the field and get himself in trouble. That said I'd still rather have him than Alex Smith.

:spock:

Bufkin 07-27-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10769744)

If he doesn't get arrested and suspended, he'll be on the IR quite a bit with frequent sphincter punctures.

Fairplay 07-27-2014 07:32 AM

Manziel is the best thing happening to football these days.