ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Is the Arrowhead "experience" worth going to? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285241)

Nzoner 07-25-2014 09:19 AM

Some of us may be old enough to be your dad but we can hang with you youngins just fine.

Pablo 07-25-2014 09:31 AM

Chiefs tailgates are always fun. If they aren't fun, then you are probably just a boring person. Your in game experience may vary depending on if they decide to play football or choke down a pants pickle that day; but you'll have a fun time before the game at least.

Arrowhead isn't back. And it never will be. It gets loud. It gets pretty crazy at times, but don't go out there expecting the Arrowhead of lore like you've heard about for the last twenty years. You've never been so I'm sure you'll be impressed compared to whatever the hell sort of exciting environment that shit dome creates.

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10766657)
Chiefs tailgates are always fun. If they aren't fun, then you are probably just a boring person. Your in game experience may vary depending on if they decide to play football or choke down a pants pickle that day; but you'll have a fun time before the game at least.

Arrowhead isn't back. And it never will be. It gets loud. It gets pretty crazy at times, but don't go out there expecting the Arrowhead of lore like you've heard about for the last twenty years. You've never been so I'm sure you'll be impressed compared to whatever the hell sort of exciting environment that shit dome creates.

Yeah it'll never be like the 90s again. Or hell, even the Vermeil era. The Herm was the turning point.

Still an awesome experience though.

ptlyon 07-25-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766663)
Yeah it'll never be like the 90s again. Or hell, even the Vermeil era. The Herm was the turning point.

Still an awesome experience though.

The mullets and camaros are gone :(

frankotank 07-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10765509)
Absolutely, especially if you've never done it before.

The tailgating is absolutely as good as it is made out to be. You've never seen so many food spreads - from ****ing lobster all the way down to simple hot dogs. You've never seen so many ways to get drunk before 10 am in your life, either. Basically, years of shitty football have made Chiefs fans tailgating connoisseurs - it literally was the best part of going to the game.

sadly....I think you've hit the nail on the head here. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10765517)
Hearing "Home of the chiefs" is good enough reason. "We're going to beat the hell out of you" is just icing.

can't remember exactly how old I was my first time.....but I'll never forget when the crowd roared 'CHIIIIEEEEEEEFS' on that line of the natl anthem.....I didn't know it was coming.....and the hairs stood up on my arms.

AWESOME!

since that day I've always sung the song that way no matter where I am....high school game etc. pisses my wife off! LMAO

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10766668)

I'll never forget when I went to a game during the Herm era. It was a big 3rd down and everyone was standing. Some 35 year old douche behind us was bitching at us to sit the F down. Couldn't believe it. Chiefs fan too. I was like "have you ever been here before? I've been coming to this seat for basically my whole life and nobody has ever told me to sit down on 3rd down. Or any down."

hometeam 07-25-2014 09:41 AM

Arrowhead is a real stadium. Ya know, the kind without a roof.

So yes, go, have fun, though it may ruin the decidedly mild and shitty Rams home game experience.

frankotank 07-25-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10766668)

well...that's not necessarily true....
my mullet is long gone but..... :shrug:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1451

hometeam 07-25-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766672)
I'll never forget when I went to a game during the Herm era. It was a big 3rd down and everyone was standing. Some 35 year old douche behind us was bitching at us to sit the F down. Couldn't believe it. Chiefs fan too. I was like "have you ever been here before? I've been coming to this seat for basically my whole life and nobody has ever told me to sit down on 3rd down. Or any down."

I had people doing it at the Texans game. Needless to say I did not oblige.

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10766676)
I had people doing it at the Texans game. Needless to say I did not oblige.

My cousin and I didn't either. Everyone was standing besides that turd. I was as polite as I could be about it though. I only told him to die choking on a fire penis.

ptlyon 07-25-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766672)

One person did that to me. Once.

The 'eat shit' reply took care of things in a timely manner.

Schnitzel 07-25-2014 09:51 AM

I definitely have to come to Arrowhead one day. Unfortunately it's pretty far away for me though...

gblowfish 07-25-2014 09:53 AM

Show up.
Spend a lot of money.
A LOT of money.
The KC economy thanks you.

Oh, and we'll still beat your ass.

Discuss Thrower 07-25-2014 09:54 AM

Do not, I repeat, do NOT park in Lot A unless you want your personal safety threatened, your car stripped of parts and your wife impregnated by someone other than yourself.

The Franchise 07-25-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10766695)
Do not, I repeat, do NOT park in Lot A unless you want your personal safety threatened, your car stripped of parts and your wife impregnated by someone other than yourself.

Are you sure you weren't in Oakland?