ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2015 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132)

RealSNR 11-22-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11136471)
Glad you are not drafting for us. That is the worst thing I have ever seen. It's like you thought "what positions do we not need to draft" and drafted exactly those positions.

I agree! This mock sucks bigtime lol!

Saccopoo 11-24-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11137524)
I agree! This mock sucks bigtime lol!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...0112013-01.gif

Saccopoo 12-02-2014 01:20 PM

Newly updated.

RunKC 12-02-2014 02:15 PM

Don't get me wrong Sac. I love Shelton, but I think WR, RT (holy shit this position is bad for us) and CB are bigger needs round 1. Depends on free agency I suppose.

Our DL has actually done a nice job for the most part. I'm watching the Donks game again and they force the OL to hold them, but Muaga is AIDS at LB and can't make a tackle to save his life, which has been a problem all year.

Also don't think Shelton will be there. A man that big with that athleticism with those stats will likely go top 15. Hell he might go top 10 when he blows up the combine.

I would love Eric Kendricks so I love that pick. I don't see him falling that far. Surely he's a top 50 pick. I see him going early to mid 2nd rd.
Reid did draft his brother.

Hoover 12-02-2014 02:19 PM

Yeah, all we need to fix the oline in a 5th round guard.

Our WRs might as well do jumping max instead of running routes because Alex will not have time to get them the ball.

jonzie04 12-02-2014 04:09 PM

Another year of not being able to do 3 step drops and jamaal forcing 2 missed tackles to get back to the LOS.

Saccopoo 12-02-2014 07:17 PM

Weird, I have gotten shit from you stiffs for years about o-line prospects and when I don't think that there's any worth a shit when we are going to pick you guys get all up in arms about NOT taking an offensive lineman. Whatever.

That being said, I think that this offensive line is one more season and a solid guard away from being good. I still believe that Fisher will put it together by next season and both Allen and Stephenson are legitimate players.

Personally, I think that the Chiefs are in no-man's land in terms of landing a solid offensive lineman. IMO, Cameron Erving is the OT with the highest upside in this draft. Guy is a stud. Raw, but a stud. La'el Collins is most likely the best guard prospect in this draft, but I don't necessarily think that he's any better than a guy like John Miller, who hasn't got the pub, but you watch his games and he's rag dolling dudes. Other than those two guys, it's a pretty "meh" draft on offensive linemen IMO.

Peat, Drango and Flowers are all juniors and all have been injured or nicked. Drango is coming off a back injury...ehhhhh. Peat, in the games I've watched, doesn't seem quick enough. Mauler, but not a lot of finesse. Flowers is much of the same.

I'm not really all that impressed with this years offensive line prospects.

I'd be inclined to use a very late rounder on a guy like Wisconsin's Rob Havenstein or Utah's Junior Salt (outside of guys like Erving and Miller), but I'm not sure about using a first or second day selection on a guy who doesn't provide anything above what we've already got or could have in the fifth or later rounds.

the Talking Can 12-02-2014 07:45 PM

i like this draft a lot

and we should reward sac for not spending high round picks on shitty OL (like fisher and stephenson)..

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2014 08:10 PM

I understand your reasoning for NT, but I don't see it happening. I'm also somewhat confused with selection of a TE. Also, no more garbage round QB's, please. I think we've picked that dumpster just fine for the time being.

But, still pretty solid.

Direckshun 12-02-2014 10:39 PM

Luc may be the world's blackest man.

Saccopoo 12-03-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11163445)
Luc may be the world's blackest man.

You should tell him that...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a...s/993010_o.gif

jonzie04 12-03-2014 12:52 AM

now that youve explained your reasoning behind neglecting the o line, there really isnt any sense in drafting a guy in position of need, if you dont think that guys going to contribute, or has a very high celing. i dont agree with your assesment of the olineman, i think there are more than a few guys in this draft ready to step in day one.but fwiw i do really like the players you picked. shelton, with poe at end would be nasty. do like kendricks a lot (dont think hes there in the third though). ive said here many times how much i like diggs and plummer.

jonzie04 12-03-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11163569)
You should tell him that...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a...s/993010_o.gif

(This was from his freshman year...)

the guy in the back with the towel on his neck is even more black than luc :eek:

kccrow 12-03-2014 01:01 AM

First off, re-typed this so I can wrap my head around it...
I actually put some time into a reply on a mock for once so don't take it personal :)

1. Danny Shelton, NT - Washington (6'2" 340)
Your plan is to draft a guy to play the spot we already have a STUD at in order do move said stud from that spot to defensive end... I'm not on board with this. Poe is very good where he is at and his athleticsm, strength, and size are what make him so good there. I want a disruptive DE, but I don't think Poe has that type of stamina to consistently come from the edge instead of straight up the middle. So... bad pick in my book. Shelton is a good football player but I don't think this is what you do to fix what you want to fix, and that is the defensive end position.

2. Cody Prewitt, S - Ole Miss (6'2" 212)
Prewitt is my favorite safety prospect in this class. I'm not sure whether or not he makes it this deep. If he test relatively well for the position at the combine, I think he goes 1st round. In round 2, this would be an A+ pick in my book.

3. Stefon Diggs, WR - Maryand (6'0" 195)
Despite his talent, I'm leaning heavily towards taking Diggs off of my board. He seems to lack sound character/intelligence with a few antics over his career, including his most recent run-in with an official. Diggs should actually be more productive than he is. He is a concern, a yo-yo type player with amazing physical abilities. We've seen those fizzle out in the league countless times. This being the first attempt to address the position of very high need would cause me to be more than a bit worried. Diggs needs to return to school for his senior year, grow up, and be more productive.

3. Eric Kendricks, ILB - UCLA (6'0" 230)
Kendricks really is a very good linebacker and I'm not sure he last to the tail-end of round 3. He would be quite appealing to a 4-3 team with his range and size. He's a bit undersized for a 3-4, but that isn't necessarily a huge detriment. I think he goes at least around your Diggs pick, if not sooner.

4. Jeff Heuerman, TE - Ohio State (6'6" 255)
A very underrated TE because of the amount of blocking he does at Ohio State. He makes the very most of every receiving opportunity. He reminds me a bunch of Kelce in college. I love this kid as a player. I think you get everything you ask for from this type of guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he lights up the combine as its most athletic TE overall either.

4. Sean Mannion, QB - Oregon State (6'5" 220)
Mannion has kinda fallen off of my list as a guy I "want." He just hasn't taken that next step as a player like I thought he could/would. I was hoping to see more, better decisions, more velocity on his ball, better pocket awareness and ability to step into pressure. I've actually moved Shane Carden up as the QB I'd like to see KC take a shot on. Carden has a more compact release (although he needs to be less sloppy too sometimes), steps up into the pocket and into throws, has more velocity, and seems to read past his hot better.

5. John Miller, OG - Louisville (6'2" 321)
I really like Miller a bunch and have been kind of overlooking him at times. Underrated, sleeper type. Really is solid all-around. Nothing much else to say. Wish he was quicker and longer, but he's going to be a rock none-the-less - or so it appears.

5. Wayne Lyons, CB - Stanford (6'1" 195)
I'm not thrilled with Lyons, seems too stiff to stick in man and isn't physical to press. Seems lost in zone. I need to watch more of him I think, but I'm not on board yet.

6. Jeff Luc, ILB - Cincinnati (6'1 251)
This is a guy I can get on board with as a late round pick. He still needs work, but he's finally showing he wants to put work into football. He could be something, but he's not a guy you take overly early given the history.

6. Terrance Plummer, ILB - Central Florida (6'2" 241)
I like plummer. He plays fast, he seems like a student of the game. He is always aware of the ball on the field. You can't teach those things. He can get bigger, stronger, faster. He's a guy I think can become a leader. Not sure what he'll become with certainty, but there's alot to like about his game.

7. Justin McCay, WR - Kansas (6'2" 210)
Meh. This is not a guy I would draft. I don't think he'll separate from defensive backs in the pros. Not enough experience. He could bounce around on a practice squad for a few years as a UDFA, but that's about all I see unless he learns the game from the PS.

Let's start with a couple things here aside from my individual analysis of each player...
3 ILBs? I'm not sure about that. One early, one late, yeah I'm on board with that. Take another late flyer on something else, maybe a skill position.

You say you like Jeff Allen, that's admirable. I don't, so I'm not enamored with one 5th round pick to address O-line. I'm worried about RT. I hate to keep picking the garbage bin. I'm worred about LG and OG depth. Maybe you get a starter out of Miller, but there is no depth either on this team.

You address WR with a Junior that should not declare, and looks every bit like he could end up being an NFL problem child if he does decare. The only other option is a guy in McCay that might become something after a couple years on a PS. Unless you have a plan to bring in free agents at the position, this screams of another shit year at the position.

I don't like your solution to the DE problem that isn't even really that much of a problem. I can live with our current defensive line if they retain what is here now, sans perhaps a backup NT that can take some snaps from Poe here and there. The real problem against the run is no ILBs that can come down and fill and you address that.

I'd say, go with this:

2. S Prewitt
3. LB Kendricks
4. TE Heuerman
5. OG Miller
6. LB Plummer

Fill in the blanks with something new. :)

Hoover 12-03-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11163579)
1. Danny Shelton, NT - Washington (6'2" 340)
Your plan is to draft a guy to play the spot we already have a STUD at in order do move said stud from that spot to defensive end... I'm not on board with this. Poe is very good where he is at and his athleticsm, strength, and size are what make him so good there. I want a disruptive DE, but I don't think Poe has that type of stamina to consistently come from the edge instead of straight up the middle. So... bad pick in my book. Shelton is a good football player but I don't think this is what you do to fix what you want to fix, and that is the defensive end position.

And couldn't you also make the argument that Doresy is once again using a first round pick on someone to replace a stud? It's pretty much the same philosophy of the Dee Ford pick which everyone around here hates.