ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Tiger leaps onto boat, snatches man in east India (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284654)

rico 06-27-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10719228)
It seemed to be the safe solution.......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Iir9LDSl7q...GET+OUT+3a.jpg

Oh jeezuzz...you beat me to it... that's a rep.

Sorter 06-27-2014 07:48 PM

Awesome.

Dayze 06-27-2014 08:59 PM

this is what happens when Slugger's kin find out about stupid lawsuits.

Sorter 06-27-2014 09:26 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...10/a-toast.gif

mikey23545 06-27-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10718495)
I suspect your best bet is to choke them on the way down.

I've wrestled house cats before and lost. I don't think there's any chance against something that weighs 4 times more, carries the equivalent of 25 knives, and has 2 percent body fat.

LMAO

OldSchool 06-28-2014 05:41 AM

Poke its eyes, find and bite the jugular, grab the nearest hard object, etc. You've probably got about a 1% chance of doing enough to make it let go of you if you managed to see it coming. No chance if it gets the back of your neck or your head.

I think I'd rather have to fight a Grizzly off than have to fight a tiger/lion. Both things can and will kill you but the big cats are far better at it.

WhiteWhale 06-28-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10718214)
There are only 3200 tigers left?

Thanks to big game hunting Lions won't be far behind. I doubt either will exist in another 20 years.

MahiMike 06-28-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 10718470)
You know, I've been thinking about this very thing. I was at the Field Museum in Chicago last weekend and checking out the lions of Tsavo and wondering, is there any real chance to defend yourself from an attack by a lion, tiger, bear or other large predatory animals? I mean obviously a gun would do the trick but say you had no weapons and was suddenly attacked, not chased, but attacked, what would you do? What could you do?

John belushi grabbed one by the nuts in a movie once.

srvy 06-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10720196)
Thanks to big game hunting Lions won't be far behind. I doubt either will exist in another 20 years.

Its not the big game hunting its the poaching. Big difference. Even Jungle Jack Hanna will tell you that the hunting to cull overpopulation is healthy. What remains of the habitat and unlawful poaching is doing in the Lion not big game hunting.

srvy 06-28-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10720166)
Poke its eyes, find and bite the jugular, grab the nearest hard object, etc. You've probably got about a 1% chance of doing enough to make it let go of you if you managed to see it coming. No chance if it gets the back of your neck or your head.

I think I'd rather have to fight a Grizzly off than have to fight a tiger/lion. Both things can and will kill you but the big cats are far better at it.

Read "Death in the Long Grass". Lions and Tigers are high on his list but not at the top. Elephants he said are the most dangerous especially with young calves. He used to have to cull the herds in Africa for the African wildlife commission. He has seen villagers stomped to the consistency of grape jelly, What was left would fill a jelly jar. Also Crocks, Hippos and Cape Buffalo were surprisingly volatile and man killers.

He later guided hunters on Kodiak Island for Grizzly Bear. I found a new respect for this animal and considered it maybe the most dangerous animal anywhere in the world. Mostly because its disposition. It was unpredictable and the slightest thing could set them off on a charge. Once infuriated they don't stop till they have ripped you to shreds and take great pleasure in ripping open chest cavities of animals still alive and eating their inards while they watch with there last dieing breaths.

GloucesterChief 06-28-2014 11:59 AM

Hippos kill more people in Africa then any other animal. They are territorial as hell, incredibly aggressive for a herbivore, will actively kill crocodiles when they have young around, and see humans as threats. They are also surprisingly stealthy in water and fast out of water.

Why Not? 06-28-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 10718470)
You know, I've been thinking about this very thing. I was at the Field Museum in Chicago last weekend and checking out the lions of Tsavo and wondering, is there any real chance to defend yourself from an attack by a lion, tiger, bear or other large predatory animals? I mean obviously a gun would do the trick but say you had no weapons and was suddenly attacked, not chased, but attacked, what would you do? What could you do?

You could think to yourself "I'm a ****ing dumbass for being around these beasts with no gun". And then die.

kcfanXIII 06-28-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10720166)

why do you think domestic cats are only bred to certain sizes? Because they are godless killing machines, that's why. Imagine a house cat the size of a german Shepard.

suzzer99 06-28-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10718526)
Is there a video of the rest of this attack? I would love to see it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M4t0aeTX954" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not much more to see. Looks like he lost some fingers.

I read somewhere that the mahout (elephant driver) lost his arm. They had been stalking the tiger to try to tranquilize and tag it. Tiger got pissed eventually I guess. It's just amazing how the tiger can be completely invisible in that tall grass.

Eleazar 06-28-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10720942)
why do you think domestic cats are only bred to certain sizes? Because they are godless killing machines, that's why. Imagine a house cat the size of a german Shepard.

haha. He'd be bringing toddlers to your back porch instead of mice