ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

HemiEd 04-21-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10575303)
you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB any year.

Fixed it for you.

Bowser 04-21-2014 11:12 AM

I voted no due to our many other needs elsewhere. I think he can be a solid guy, just not a game changer.

Rasputin 04-21-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10575303)
you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB EVER.

fyp

Tombstone RJ 04-21-2014 11:31 AM

Bridgewater won't fall to the second, and I seriously doubt he will fall to 23. If Bridgewater fell to #31 then I'm thinking the Broncos would throw out a "anyone wanna trade?" flag so as to cash in on another team moving up for Bridgewater.

but yah, if Bridgewater is there I think kc has to take him.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:35 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h

"There's no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in this class." Well no shit. There wasn't in the 15 classes between them either.

jjchieffan 04-21-2014 11:35 AM

Nobody thought Green Bay would spend their first round pick on Rodgers. Didn't they get him after falling to about 23? How old was Favre then? I believe Dorsey was a part of that war room right? I would like to see where Dorsey has Bridgewater on his draft board. If he truly drafts BPA and not based on need, and he has him ranked around 10-15 on his board and he is still available, then he is the choice right? Position or need doesn't matter if BPA is who you draft.

jd1020 04-21-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10575862)
I voted no due to our many other needs elsewhere. I think he can be a solid guy, just not a game changer.

We have a starter at QB for 1 more year. How is QB not a need?

Alex Smith is not a guy you can't throw away. You can.

If Bridgewater is there at 23, and they have scouted him to the point where he is in the top 3 on their draft board of the players left then it would be ****ing stupid to pass on him. You could sit him for a year, let Alex play his remaining year and then let him go, maybe even tag and trade him, and use the saved 8-9mil a year to sign Houston.

Alex is a top 15-20 QB at best. If you pass on a QB you like because you have a bottom half QB as your starter then you deserve to ****ing lose.

alpha_omega 04-21-2014 11:45 AM

No. You take a player at a position of need, or trade down. I would suspect that someone would want to come up and grab him.

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 11:49 AM

If Bridgewater falls to the second round, then all the scouts, coaches and GMs found something very, very wrong with him. I'd even be wary of a Rodgers-like slide - when Rodgers slid nine years ago, there wasn't as great of an emphasis on drafting QBs high. In just a few years, the pendulum swung back so hard that Blaine Gabbert was seriously being considered as a possible #1 overall pick.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 10575907)
No. You take a player at a position of need, or trade down. I would suspect that someone would want to come up and grab him.

Drafting for a position of need in the 1st round (if the talent is there) is a great way to end up with another ****ing Tyson Jackson.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575909)
If Bridgewater falls to the second round, then all the scouts, coaches and GMs found something very, very wrong with him. I'd even be wary of a Rodgers-like slide - when Rodgers slid nine years ago, there wasn't as great of an emphasis on drafting QBs high. In just a few years, the pendulum swung back so hard that Blaine Gabbert was seriously being considered as a possible #1 overall pick.

lolwut?

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575913)
lolwut?

Go back and look at the first round of that draft. Smith went #1 to the 49ers, and then a bunch of teams (not including the Chiefs, surprisingly) caught the dumbass. Troy Williamson? Pac-Man Jones? Mike Williams? Cedric Benson? Mother of God...

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575916)
Go back and look at the first round of that draft. Smith went #1 to the 49ers, and then a bunch of teams (not including the Chiefs, surprisingly) caught the dumbass. Troy Williamson? Pac-Man Jones? Mike Williams? Cedric Benson? Mother of God...

Nice job, Captain Hindsight.

keg in kc 04-21-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575913)
lolwut?

Hey, it's not like Alex Smith was drafted number 1 that year, or Eli and Rivers were taken 1 and 4 the year before, with Roethlisberger at 11. Or Palmer at 1 and Leftwich at 7 the year before that. Or Carr at 1 and Harrington at 3 the year before that. Or Vick at 1 the year before that.

Tombstone RJ 04-21-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575916)

since I don't want to look that draft up, what other QBs were available in that draft?