ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life There are still some good people left in this world (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281633)

Rausch 02-22-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444887)
Long story short: I got in a hurry was backing up and didn't see one of my neighbors friends parked in the driveway and I clipped him. (me getting old and dumbassidity) Not much damage but marked his paint a little and crushed his plastic hubcap. Worst part about it was the dude was across the street in class while I was sitting there left to sweat it.

Anyway, I waited outside for him to get back, as I knew what my first reaction would be if I saw my car there like that, with insurance info in hand hoping I could afford to pay for it out of pocket rather than go through insurance.

About 30 minutes later a Saudi Arabian fellow come hopping along, stopped when he saw his car, and I ran out to him. His reaction "don't sweat it, the marks will buff right out and I was going to get some rims because I hated the hubcaps. I'm not mad, thank you for waiting to tell me."

I offered repeatedly to let me replace the damaged hub cap and repeatedly he refused. I didn't scratch the paint as I backed into him with my bad ass rear end of plastic but some paint did transfer.

Point is quite a few people would so take advantage of this but this dude didn't even want to hear about me trying to make it even.

Didn't want to attract attention because he hasn't been activated yet...

Rain Man 02-22-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10446405)
Yep. Lamar Hunt drove a Ford Fiesta. He thought spending money on cars was a huge waste of money, a sentiment many millionaires agree on.

The difference between the middle class and the upper class, car payments. Don't have them.

A ford fiesta? Really?

ping2000 02-22-2014 09:33 AM

You are a knucklehead. Good thing his car bomb didn't go off when you hit him. If I was you, I would come out of the closet and admit you are gay. Just be sure to take your headphones off first before you jaywalk across the street if any cops from Austin are around.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10446540)
You are a knucklehead. Good thing his car bomb didn't go off when you hit him. If I was you, I would come out of the closet and admit you are gay. Just be sure to take your headphones off first before you jaywalk across the street if any cops from Austin are around.

Eat AIDS pussy fart.

ThaVirus 02-22-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445561)
I wouldn't spend 40-50 grand on a car if I was a millionaire. That's an ungodly waste of money.

I agree.. But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10447211)
I agree.. But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

Crap I'm not sure I'd spend that on a house.

I'm what one would refer to as cheap.

ThaVirus 02-22-2014 05:04 PM

Yeah, I hate the term because it has such a negative connotation, but I've definitely been called cheap in my day.

I think it just boils down to what's important to you. I don't really give two shits about how my car looks, how fast it can goes, or how many superfluous features the designer was able to cram into it. All cars do the same shit- get you from point A to point B. I'd prefer mine do it as reliably and economically as possible as opposed to as sexy and quickly.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10447226)
Yeah, I hate the term because it has such a negative connotation, but I've definitely been called cheap in my day.

I think it just boils down to what's important to you. I don't really give two shits about how my car looks, how fast it can goes, or how many superfluous features the designer was able to cram into it. All cars do the same shit- get you from point A to point B. I'd prefer mine do it as reliably and economically as possible as opposed to as sexy and quickly.

Exactly. The acquisition of high priced toys are not a real priority to me.

ping2000 02-22-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10447204)
Eat AIDS pussy fart.

Lighten up Francis. Don't you even read the other threads? Damn, no sense of humor.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10447262)
Lighten up Francis. Don't you even read the other threads? Damn, no sense of humor.

Oh it was totally tic. I heard someone call another a pussy fart today and thought that it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I stole it. :)

ping2000 02-22-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10447289)
Oh it was totally tic. I heard someone call another a pussy fart today and thought that it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I stole it. :)

10-4. I'm going to put my headphones on now and listen to some Ted Nugent.

kysirsoze 02-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10447262)

Is this your thing? Making weird, somewhat joke-like posts and telling them to "Lighten up Francis"? This is at least the second time I've seen this play out. Just curious. Would be a pretty funny posting persona.

listopencil 02-22-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10445267)
Pics?

No, I just ate the pizza. It wasn't anything special and I didn't make it myself.

Rasputin 02-22-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444927)
Story about a good deed. Nothing more nothing less. I was, and still am willing to compensate for any damage.

Pay it forward. Be generous and forgiving next time someone does something that you would be owed for.

boogblaster 02-22-2014 08:14 PM

Good deeds are still heart-warming .....