ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid's incompetence (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279090)

CallMeSquidwad 12-02-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10240791)
If he called a run play you'd be bitching about us running the ball. you pussies need to shut up already

^^ :clap: thank you, and **** all of you idiots.

jd1020 12-02-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10242820)
There are people who are pissed we didn't run the ball because of the clock. Same as last week.

I'm not in love with the play calling either. But the idea that you need to avoid pass plays to conserve clock is a dumb argument when you're behind 7 or even 3.

The idea that you avoid your best player when you have plenty of time on the clock is ****ing dumb.

But it just wasn't Charles' day. The Broncos were stone walling him for only 5 ypc.

rabblerouser 12-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10240793)
If you think that's what lost us the game, you need to rewatch that game.

yeah, not having a FS or any WR depth beyond Bowe and Hemingway are why we have lost the last 3 games.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10242832)
The idea that you avoid your best player when you have plenty of time on the clock is ****ing dumb.

But it just wasn't Charles' day. The Broncos were stone walling him for only 5 ypc.

Last week, we were successful getting into the end zone without him. Our red zone pass offense was fine and has been terrific the past two weeks. I would have been okay giving him carries there. I don't necessarily agree with the play calls. But to get mad about not running in the red zone in a 2 minute drill is nitpicky. Without fasano, there was an enormous bullseye on bowe and Charles' back.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-02-2013 09:46 AM

The opposite move of a failure isn't always success.
But then again how would I know

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-02-2013 09:52 AM

The WRs had buttered fingers
And the ball was on the ground too many times after JC ran the ball yesterday

Edit: He got up shaking/testing his wrist in the first drive, I think.

cosmo20002 12-02-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10242615)
Holy ****ing shit. This place is batshit crazy.

We had to get a TD there. I can't believe people are more concerned about managing the clock in the last 2 minutes than running the plays they think will set up a TD.

I forgot that TDs come so easy for the Chiefs that we can afford to throw away one play to burn some clock.

If the receiver is WIDE open, sure then I'd say go for it and get the TD. But he wasn't WIDE open obviously. The receiver didn't even really get to make a play on the ball.

I don't know exactly what other options Alex had at that moment, but it was a bad throw and under the circumstances, I think they should have been looking for a safer play to get the 4 yards and the 1st down.

GloryDayz 12-02-2013 10:04 AM

C'mon now fellas, he's a nice guy, and awesome coach, loved by his players, loved by ownership, so please cut him some slack. He doesn't rant or complain, he just moves on with few words and throws none of his team under the bus. That's a rare quality in a leader and one we'd all want to work around/under.

There's always tomorrow and next year guys... Let's not overreact.

007 12-02-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10242615)
Holy ****ing shit. This place is batshit crazy.

We had to get a TD there. I can't believe people are more concerned about managing the clock in the last 2 minutes than running the plays they think will set up a TD.

I forgot that TDs come so easy for the Chiefs that we can afford to throw away one play to burn some clock.

all we needed was a ****ing first down.

threebag 12-02-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 10240772)
I HEARD HE SMELLS TOO AND HIS COCK SNOT TASTES LIKE BUBBLEGUM.

Discuss Thrower 12-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10242933)
C'mon now fellas, he's a nice guy, and awesome coach, loved by his players, loved by ownership, so please cut him some slack. He doesn't rant or complain, he just moves on with few words and throws none of his team under the bus. That's a rare quality in a leader and one we'd all want to work around/under.

There's always tomorrow and next year guys... Let's not overreact.

It's not like Reid has made these same errors before in a previous head coaching position or anything.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10242922)
If the receiver is WIDE open, sure then I'd say go for it and get the TD. But he wasn't WIDE open obviously. The receiver didn't even really get to make a play on the ball.

I don't know exactly what other options Alex had at that moment, but it was a bad throw and under the circumstances, I think they should have been looking for a safer play to get the 4 yards and the 1st down.

We take safer plays the first few downs. I'm not crazy about play calling in that red zone series or Alexs decision making mecessarily. But saying we were stupid not to run as others have is just silly.

cosmo20002 12-02-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10242951)
We take safer plays the first few downs. I'm not crazy about play calling in that red zone series or Alexs decision making mecessarily. But saying we were stupid not to run as others have is just silly.

I'm not saying it had to be a run on the 4th and 4. Just something safer than throwing into the end zone between two defenders, one of which kocked it down pretty easily.

TheUte 12-02-2013 10:21 AM

That 4th down play was, I think the poorest designed play of the whole game.

lcarus 12-02-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10242939)
all we needed was a ****ing first down.

And we were running well on them. A draw or off tackle could have possibly scored or gotten us to inside the 5.