ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN cannot count (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276535)

Cornstock 09-22-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10006614)
Very fair answer.

Inter-divisional civility. Refreshing.

I was at the MNF game in SD week 1 and made it abundantly clear to the fans around me that I didn't have a horse in the race but was cheering against the Chargers because I'm a Chiefs fan. There was a good amount of smack talking going around, but at the end of the game we were all respectful and did the man hug thing, and came out of there with a much better opinion of SD fans.

The civility thing is possible with educated fans. But if I were in Oakland I would've been shot.

Oh Snap 09-22-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10006284)
They are probably just waiting for the actual end of the football week to end. Not that they would do that normally.....

Maybe...But I noticed NFL.com and CBSsports currently has the Chiefs ahead of the broncos in their standings... ESPN is the only odd man out. That might be because ESPN has a grudge against Andy Reid for pretty much putting ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio in his place. I'm just saying that their may be a tacky conspiracy bias with some traction here.

manchambo 09-22-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10007361)
In baseball the standings often reflect that a team has played a different number of games than the other teams in their division. If this were the same standard KC would be on top because they are a half a game ahead in the standings.

But the rule makes clear that it is percentage, not total wins, that matters: "If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined."

Of course these rules are not meant to address the mid-week, not all teams have played yet, standings, but only who goes to the playoffs after all games are played at the end of the season (which is why the original complaint is silly).

But I would have to say that ESPN has it right by basing it on percentage, then tie-breakers, under the plain terms of the rule.

ThaVirus 09-22-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10006938)
I did find it rather annoying this morning that keyshawn was talking about how improved the AFCW west was and mentioned everyone but KC... if i had to guess, i'd say it was a petty snub for Reids beautiful dismissal of paolantonio.

Keyshawn named the Chiefs as his dark horse Super Bowl candidate on NFL Countdown recently. I want to say it was before we played the Cowboys but it might have been after.

Either way, Keyshawn's on the train so don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

Easy 6 09-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10008322)
Keyshawn named the Chiefs as his dark horse Super Bowl candidate on NFL Countdown recently. I want to say it was before we played the Cowboys but it might have been after.

Either way, Keyshawn's on the train so don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

Did he really, huh, good on him.

It was still weird not to mention KC when talking about the improved AFCW.

Garcia Bronco 09-22-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10006905)
When it comes to Denver they have no gag reflex at all. They will take the entire tube steak. Same deal with Pittsburg, Dallas, and Chicago. Those teams had glory years with personalities. Stuff that could be talked about.

We work with professionals.

Shaid 09-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10006522)
some of you get your panties in a bunch about the silliest things

This. Who gives a shit.

whoman69 09-22-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchambo (Post 10008273)
But the rule makes clear that it is percentage, not total wins, that matters: "If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined."

Of course these rules are not meant to address the mid-week, not all teams have played yet, standings, but only who goes to the playoffs after all games are played at the end of the season (which is why the original complaint is silly).

But I would have to say that ESPN has it right by basing it on percentage, then tie-breakers, under the plain terms of the rule.

Irrelevant since in the end both will play the same number of games and the only way to tie is to have the same record.

007 09-23-2013 06:10 AM

Are you guys happy now?

vailpass 09-23-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornstock (Post 10007403)
Inter-divisional civility. Refreshing.

I was at the MNF game in SD week 1 and made it abundantly clear to the fans around me that I didn't have a horse in the race but was cheering against the Chargers because I'm a Chiefs fan. There was a good amount of smack talking going around, but at the end of the game we were all respectful and did the man hug thing, and came out of there with a much better opinion of SD fans.

The civility thing is possible with educated fans. But if I were in Oakland I would've been shot.

Good to hear. And yeah, don't try that in Oakland.