ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs adding wifi network at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276151)

Rasputin 09-12-2013 12:12 PM

So people are going be missing around on wifi instead of giving themselves a brain aneurysm yelling when we are on defense? This isn't good we need Arrowhead as loud as possible when we are on defense people.

InChiefsHeaven 09-12-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9966009)
So people are going be missing around on wifi instead of giving themselves a brain aneurysm yelling when we are on defense? This isn't good we need Arrowhead as loud as possible when we are on defense people.

It'll definitely be used sparingly by yours truly. I go to games to watch the games...but I like the replay idea and the under the hood thing...

Old Dog 09-12-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9966021)
It'll definitely be used sparingly by yours truly. I go to games to watch the games...but I like the replay idea and the under the hood thing...

This....and to check fantasy teams during halftime and between quarters.

Dayze 09-12-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9965995)
I hate Sprint. We switched from T-Mobile in 2011 due to a family discount and it's just been garbage. The family member left earlier this year, so our bill increased $10 per month, which was fine. But just today, I was notified that we no longer qualify, so it's back to T-Mobile, which totally kicked ass.

I've heard the same. Sprint is currently upgrading to Samsung equipment (radios and antennas) to support 4G; installing fiber at every site. Long project however. Right now there isn't anything scheduled for SoCal.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9966074)
I've heard the same. Sprint is currently upgrading to Samsung equipment (radios and antennas) to support 4G; installing fiber at every site. Long project however. Right now there isn't anything scheduled for SoCal.

What really makes it even worse for us is that we're in the hills and the hillside is made of petrified granite. Without a cell tower nearby, the iPhone 4s is useless and if it's left on, it'll die within a few hours because it's constantly searching for a signal.

T-Mobile put in a tower at Lake Hollywood, so the signal is excellent. I was also able to make calls through our wireless network in the home, which is a service that isn't available through Sprint. They shipped us this big, ugly contraption in order to make wireless calls but it kept losing signal and knocked out our wireless connection.

No offense to Sprint employees but the service is awful in SoCal.

ChiefsCountry 09-12-2013 12:48 PM

It will be nice just to receive a text or call at the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 09-12-2013 12:49 PM

< not a Sprint employee :)

hopefully it gets better out there. I've been running several markets for a year getting fiber & network vision equipment at sites. Not sure how they came up with the market priority list however. I would've though they would've hit major cities first.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9966118)
< not a Sprint employee :)

hopefully it gets better out there. I've been running several markets for a year getting fiber & network vision equipment at sites. Not sure how they came up with the market priority list however. I would've though they would've hit major cities first.

Maybe they wanted to get the kinks worked out before tackling cities like New York, San Fran, L.A., Chicago, etc.?

Dayze 09-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9966161)
Maybe they wanted to get the kinks worked out before tackling cities like New York, San Fran, L.A., Chicago, etc.?

I worked Chicago (1900 + sites) over the past year; and I know San Fran is being worked now. Right now I'm working 'Pennsylvania' (Pitt, Buffalo, etc)

....I dread NY.

DaFace 09-12-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9965450)
Yeah, I'll be curious to hear the reports. That's a shit ton of burst bandwidth to deal with.

Just realized this was my 25,000th post. I'll be signing autographs after the show.

Lzen 09-12-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9965776)
Sorry. That stuff has no place here.

:cuss:

Ha ha, how long did you have to search around for that?

My point was this. Yes, it sucks that it is hard to get on the internet while in Arrowhead (or even make a phone call). I'm glad they are addressing it. But your bitching about the bathrooms and concessions is, IMO, over the top. I like the fact that they have more concessions stands and restroom access than they used to. It's not really a problem these days. At least not nearly what it was before the stadium upgrades.

Lzen 09-12-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9966108)
What really makes it even worse for us is that we're in the hills and the hillside is made of petrified granite. Without a cell tower nearby, the iPhone 4s is useless and if it's left on, it'll die within a few hours because it's constantly searching for a signal.

T-Mobile put in a tower at Lake Hollywood, so the signal is excellent. I was also able to make calls through our wireless network in the home, which is a service that isn't available through Sprint. They shipped us this big, ugly contraption in order to make wireless calls but it kept losing signal and knocked out our wireless connection.

No offense to Sprint employees but the service is awful in SoCal.

Most people I know that have had Sprint say that it is bad.

007 09-12-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9965678)
...and the concession lines. I have never been to any other stadium or large arena in this city or in the country with concession lines as slow as Arrowhead. Every transaction just takes an eternity.

Thats why you do all your eating and drinking at the tailgate. :D

007 09-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9966401)
Most people I know that have had Sprint say that it is bad.

It is really all about where you live and if you travel a lot. I've used Tmobile, att and verizon networks. In my house and my city, ATT is by far the best. Verizon tends to have a poor signal in my home. Tmobile was shit unless you were right next to the interstate.

the only ones I have traveled with are ATT and Tmobile. I never had a bad signal on ATT but Tmobile had no coverage at all from Salina to Denver.

Chief Roundup 09-12-2013 04:12 PM

I am sure this will lead to lots of Facebook posts of "At Arrowhead with blah blah person". Gametime pics and videos from phones.