ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Woman falls out of Texas Giant roller coaster and dies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274660)

CrazyPhuD 07-20-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9823493)

Would this qualify as a 'too fat/Omaha' because she was too big to activate the safety mechanisms? Or would this be a 'not too fat/Omaha' because she wasn't fat enough to be wedged into the seat with her own girth?

siberian khatru 07-20-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9823492)
Man, this story really threw me for a loop.

It's had its ups and downs. But now I think it's back on track.

mikey23545 07-20-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9823493)

That had to make a hell of a greasy spot where she hit.

mikey23545 07-20-2013 04:33 PM

I wonder if she really fell out or if she happened to glance down and spot the funnel cake stand below her...

stevieray 07-20-2013 04:58 PM

man, I just keep gravitating towards this thread.

CrazyPhuD 07-20-2013 05:07 PM

News reports are coming out that the reason the workers didn't double check the harnesses is because they were too busy watching 'Throw momma from the train' on their iphones....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XHyRyDx75Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz 07-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9823497)
LMAO Wow. There is no reason they should have let her on the ride in the first place.

she would of sued them if they hadn't and now her family is going to sue them because they did.

I bet the ride attendant was a racist and intentionally messed up the harness lock

Trayvon!!!

Cephalic Trauma 07-20-2013 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Too bad this guy wasn't there to save her...

Pablo 07-20-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9823606)
she would of sued them if they hadn't and now her family is going to sue them because they did.

I bet the ride attendant was a racist and intentionally messed up the harness lock

Trayvon!!!

Look kids. This is what it looks like when you type like you talk.

Mr. Laz 07-20-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9823672)
Look kids. This is what it looks like when you type like you talk.

I need to see your green card, please.

Lonewolf Ed 07-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9823680)
I need to see your green card, please.

He said he needs to see your carta verde.

J Diddy 07-20-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9823607)
Too bad this guy wasn't there to save her...

**** that.

Aries Walker 07-21-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9822977)
Talk about close calls, holy crap I went to that 6 flags over Texas in the early 80's. That could have been me :eek:

Tell me about it. I used to love the Galaxi when I was a kid.

J Diddy 07-21-2013 08:52 AM

She's a big girl, crazy about coasters
She's a big girl, she loves her popeyes
She's a big girl, the attendant didn't even click her
She's on the side walk, with a broken heart

She's............FREE...Free falling

Deberg_1990 07-22-2013 06:20 PM

Family has hired a lawyer. This probably isnt going to end well for Six Flags.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...first-time.ece

For Rosy Esparza, it was her first trip to Six Flags Over Texas.
Her son on his Facebook page described his mother as adventuresome and said she had been having a good time at the park.
The Dallas mother died Friday evening when witnesses say a restraint came loose and she plummeted to the ground from the Texas Giant, a hybrid steel and wooden roller coaster.

Family members of Esparza confirmed her name but said they were not ready to comment further. One family member said an attorney had been retained to represent the family.
But on his Facebook page, her adult son, Amado Esparza, wrote in Spanish: “I’ve never discovered a day as long as this one. It’s very sad that I lost my mom, but I’m happy that I was able to enjoy her to the maximum while she was alive.”

Neighbors in their southeast Oak Cliff neighborhood said Rosy Esparza lived with her husband, Antonio, Amado Esparza and a teenage son. The couple also has at least one daughter.
One neighbor said Antonio Esparza is a preacher.

Maria Padron, one of the family’s neighbors, said Rosy Esparza was very religious and frequently invited people to her home to study the Bible.

“We cooked a lot for each other; anything you can think of we made for one another,” Padron said. “Tamales and rare Mexican espresso was our trade. I’m going to miss those simple days of just hearing her knock on the door.”
Padron said Rosy Esparza was a “woman who lived for her family.”

Alfred Cannon, another neighbor, said he had been talking to Amado outside the family’s home Friday and had asked him to work on a water heater.
He said Amado said he would have to do it later because he was headed to pick his mom up at Six Flags.

Later, he received text messages from Amado about his mother having died at the amusement park.
“Her belt went lose and she flew away,” one of the text messages said.