ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

ThaVirus 03-06-2014 03:45 PM

I feel like I get this feeling before every summer but... Damn.

I think this is gonna be a good one.

Deberg_1990 03-06-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10470577)
I feel like I get this feeling before every summer but... Damn.

I think this is gonna be a good one.

What's interesting is Marvel is effectively kicking off the summer movie season a month early with this. Sony had already claimed the traditional early May weekend with Spider Man.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe 03-07-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10468704)
Spoiler!

Chris Evans, is signed on to do 9 movies so.....

Ragged Robin 03-07-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10468704)
Spoiler!

Will never happen. Movies != comic continuity. That's like asking "when is Dick Grayson going to be Batman on screen" -- just not gunna happen (sadly). They already did a nod to Bucky's run as Cap in the first movie where he uses the shield.

keg in kc 03-07-2014 10:22 AM

Interesting little set visit/interview: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66425

DaveNull 03-07-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10467434)
Because Banner doesn't want to be called. He doesn't want to be the Hulk or have any part of this "team."

Stark is in the middle of having panic attacks and impulsive behaviors like destroying his own suits to distance himself from the supes life (in IM3.)

Thor is an ET/god.

How the **** do you get one of those on the phone?

Rocket Racoon has you covered.

DaveNull 03-07-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10470691)
What's interesting is Marvel is effectively kicking off the summer movie season a month early with this. Sony had already claimed the traditional early May weekend with Spider Man.
Posted via Mobile Device

At this point with all the awesome stuff going on with Marvel Studios I don't even care about Spider Man.

Or as Groot would say, "I am Groot."

listopencil 03-07-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10467817)
This is only an issue for bad writers who need to crutch on mindless action scenes. There's so much you can do with Superman that has already been done. Read All Star Superman or At the End of Days, they will completely mind**** you.

In All Star, Lex tricks Superman into saving a space mission too close to the sun, over-radiating his cells which makes him more smart and powerful than ever but slowly kills him ala cancer. So right at the start both we and Supes knows he's going to die at the end. It basically becomes a "what would Superman do in his last few days of living?" type of episodic adventure and by the end he smashes atoms together with his fingers to create a universe in which there are no superheroes (our universe) so he could find out if the world would be okay without him. He also embeds himself into his own timeline so that he could see his dad once more before he dies.. it's incredible.

At the End of Days is just a fantastically nutty invasion story except it's a 5th dimensional creature invading Earth. Since time is the 4th dimension, he attacks the earth at all points in time simultaneously so he fights Superman throughout his entire life and defeats him in each instance except for the most current.. because since Superman's been fighting him his whole life, he already knows how to beat him ROFL

This is why I hate the whole Nolan/Snyder take on the DC Universe where they drag the characters down for the sake of "realism" and "grittyness." They don't need to be real or gritty to be interesting.. they're superheroes.

I think some of that you have to chalk up to the difference in mediums. Meanwhile...more Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow. Yum.

listopencil 03-07-2014 03:29 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...wz93wkdixc.gif

Anyong Bluth 03-07-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10472255)
I think some of that you have to chalk up to the difference in mediums. Meanwhile...more Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow. Yum.

Shooting all her scenes for upcoming Marvel films now since she's preggo and before it shows.

That suit is going to explode in the chest after she's had her kid and her bust goes to "visible from space" levels!

No complaints from this side of the table, mind you.

keg in kc 03-11-2014 01:57 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wjewd9KLJJ4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 03-11-2014 10:13 PM

So do you all know something I don't know about Bucky being in it? I looked on IMDB and it looks like him, penny and Howard Stark are all in it. Is there word on WTF is going on? Is this a comic book thing I'm supposed to know?

AustinChief 03-11-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10482652)
So do you all know something I don't know about Bucky being in it? I looked on IMDB and it looks like him, penny and Howard Stark are all in it. Is there word on WTF is going on? Is this a comic book thing I'm supposed to know?

Ha, yep. Don't know if you want to be surprised or not but spoiler follows...

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 03-11-2014 11:08 PM

Yea, is it truly a spoiler about the Bucky thing?

Tribal Warfare 03-11-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10482854)
Yea, is it truly a spoiler about the Bucky thing?

some people don't read the comics at all, and take all their information from the movie continuity.