ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Get your ass OVER! It's the LAW DIPSHIT! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271095)

Bearcat 03-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

"The reason [the ticket] is silly is because it's sending the wrong message," said John Townsend of AAA Mid-Atlantic. "And that is, 'We will tolerate you driving at more than the speed limit, but it you drive below the speed limit, then you're penalized for that.'"
:spock:

Uh, wanting to drive the speed limit in the fast lane isn't illegal or outrageous. I watch oblivious/disengaged drivers cause so many dangerous situations, far worse than driving a reasonable amount above the speed limit while paying attention... clusters of cars playing leap frog while all driving within 1mph of each other... cars that actually slow down to pass semis. Freakin' morons, can't even get out of the way of each other, much less those who know how to drive efficiently.

frankotank 03-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9493826)
No offense but I figure my wife is far nicer than anyone on cp and Ol blue would've drove through the front of your home and killed your dog upon delivery.
Seriously, I see old people down here driving down the wrong side of the road almost weekly. You can barely see them slumped down in their seat, pushed up against the wheel and white knuckled. ridin dirty.

hahahaha
this reminds me of my days living in on Chipman Rd. I'd have to drive by the Unity Village old folks home every day. man oh man, they just....wow. they're like....I'm old....and I'm pulling out! LMAO

makes me wonder how in the hell they have a drivers license in the first place.

LOCOChief 03-13-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9493836)
I think when you see someone drive stupid you should be able to shoot their car with a "stupid" flag that sticks to the car. After three "stupid" flags the car gets pulled over by the cops and the person gets a ticket for being "stupid".

Cars down here would look like ****ing porcupines.

frankotank 03-13-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

I think when you see someone drive stupid you should be able to shoot their car with a "stupid" flag that sticks to the car. After three "stupid" flags the car gets pulled over by the cops and the person gets a ticket for being "stupid".

- Jack Handy

FYP :D

LOCOChief 03-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9493842)
hahahaha
this reminds me of my days living in on Chipman Rd. I'd have to drive by the Unity Village old folks home every day. man oh man, they just....wow. they're like....I'm old....and I'm pulling out! LMAO

makes me wonder how in the hell they have a drivers license in the first place.

That's funny, I grew up close to Unity and thought "what if everyone drove like this" Then I moved to Florida.

Frazod 03-13-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9493826)
No offense but I figure my wife is far nicer than anyone on cp and Ol blue would've drove through the front of your home and killed your dog upon delivery.
Seriously, I see old people down here driving down the wrong side of the road almost weekly. You can barely see them slumped down in their seat, pushed up against the wheel and white knuckled. ridin dirty.

Sort of like the old lady in Ferris Bueller, only it ain't a movie. LMAO

frankotank 03-13-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9493861)
That's funny, I grew up close to Unity and thought "what if everyone drove like this" Then I moved to Florida.

BWAAAAAAHAHAHA!
nice

Munson 03-13-2013 02:28 PM

They should've thrown her ass in jail.

I hate it when people go slow in the left lane.

**** YOU, you left lane bandit! %(/

DaFace 03-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

During a long road trip with my wife a while back, we discussed the idea of a rep system for driving. Someone's nice and lets you merge in? Rep. Someone cuts you off like an idiot? Neg rep. People below a certain number of points get a ticket.

It'd never work, but the concept is intriguing.

Predarat 03-13-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9493906)
During a long road trip with my wife a while back, we discussed the idea of a rep system for driving. Someone's nice and lets you merge in? Rep. Someone cuts you off like an idiot? Neg rep. People below a certain number of points get a ticket.

It'd never work, but the concept is intriguing.

Id be reddin' the shit out of people.

frankotank 03-13-2013 02:40 PM

there's a whole Seinfeld episode about this.....

but it annoys the piss outta me when I do the right thing and slow down and let you in, and you can't exert and ounce of energy or spend one second of your precious time to give me a thank you wave!

I KNEW I should cut your ass off! :cuss:

listopencil 03-13-2013 02:43 PM

She should go to court and fight the ticket. It will be thrown out and the cop will look like a moron.

frankotank 03-13-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9493926)
She should go to court and fight the ticket. It will be thrown out and the cop will look like a moron.

maybe. but she WAS breaking the law. so it's quite possible it won't do her any good.

it IS the law. get over.

some people really really do act like they own the road.

headsnap 03-13-2013 03:28 PM

wait, alnorth is a WOMAN!!!! :eek:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258092

DaFace 03-13-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9493926)

I doubt it. The headline makes it sound like she got a ticket for her speed, but in most states, the law she violated was using the left lane as a driving lane rather than a passing lane. Assuming that's the case here, the ticket is fine - the reporting is the shoddy part.