ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271051)

Hammock Parties 03-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9489855)
I wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on Sean Smith or DRC.

We're not missing out on anything by not signing shitty corners.

I'd rather draft someone and start him.

Hammock Parties 03-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9489881)
Did you see Drew Brees before he rebecame Drew Brees?

Yes, he was better than Alex Smith.

burt 03-12-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9489906)
He's not Drew Brees. But your optimistic take should be: If Andy Reid can coach a completely washed up over the hill Jeff Garcia to within 3 points of the NFC title game, and get a guy who'd basically missed 3 years because he was in prison to the playoffs, there's no reason why he can't get Alex Smith there.

Really? You asshat! CP knows way more about football than Reid and Dorsey.....:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 03-12-2013 04:19 PM

we are spending hella more on Smith/Daniels/??? than Cassel/Quinn/Orton/Stanzi

jd1020 03-12-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. SyphiLaz (Post 9489926)
we are spending hella more on Smith/Daniels/??? than Cassel/Quinn/Orton/Stanzi

No we aren't. Chiefs no longer benefit from my monies.

Bootlegged 03-12-2013 04:21 PM

Some of you (thread starter included) are the most depressed, whiniest group of supposed football fans I've ever heard.

What did you expect today, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and Revis? Good GOD - grow a pair, maybe look at some tape before you whine and complain. Or find a new hobby. Just a miserable group of people.

ToxSocks 03-12-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9489923)
Really? You asshat! CP knows way more about football than Reid and Dorsey.....:rolleyes:

Oh look this argument again. Fitting. This argument goes hand n' hand with repeatedly trading for other team's back up QB's.

Ebolapox 03-12-2013 04:22 PM

I'll be ****ing honest, I'm about goddamned done with this team. they've broken my spirit at this point. you keep hoping that we've hit rock ****ing bottom, then... WE GO ****ING 50 FEET BELOW THAT

kcxiv 03-12-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9489923)

of course we dont, but the Chiefs fan base knows enough to figure out hey, this shit isnt going to work.We have seen this approach over and over and over and over again. Guess what? it didnt work then either. Why will it work now?

The hole is still round and the block is still square.

jd1020 03-12-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9489935)
Some of you (thread starter included) are the most depressed, whiniest group of supposed football fans I've ever heard.

What did you expect today, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and Revis? Good GOD - grow a pair, maybe look at some tape before you whine and complain. Or find a new hobby. Just a miserable group of people.

Nah.

I just expected that a new regime that supposedly "understood" what it takes to win in the NFL not to go full 30 year tradition reeruned.

ToxSocks 03-12-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

You know what, you're right.

Imma change my tune.

Did you see Alex Smith's first half of last season before he was benched?

AMAZING

Just look at those stats....SB Here we come.

And Chase Daniel? Pfffff......Dude is Brees' protege....We have the best QB Tandem in the league now. I bet those AFCW D's are worried.

keg in kc 03-12-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

So you thought you'd whine about other people being whiny? GENIOUS!!!! LMAO

RealSNR 03-12-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9489881)
Did you see Drew Brees before he rebecame Drew Brees?

In Philip Rivers' rookie season, Brees had a whale of a year. It was brilliant. The only question whatsoever about whether he was a valuable signing for New Orleans was his health.

jd1020 03-12-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9489950)
You know what, you're right.

Imma change my tune.

Did you see Alex Smith's first half of last season before he was benched?

AMAZING

Just look at those stats....SB Here we come.

And Chase Daniel? Pfffff......Dude is Brees' protege....We have the best QB Tandem in the league now. I bet those AFCW D's are worried.

Len Dawson.... step aside! You've been replaced!

Buehler445 03-12-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9489873)
Drew Brees was ousted due to injury.

Alex Smith was ousted because he's not good enough.

Don't see it...

I don't either. But if this fan base hadn't been through the last 30 years, we probably wouldn't be ripping the elastic strap out of our underwear to hang ourselves from the shower head.