ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465897)
I don't need the ****ing scouting report. As I said back in 2001, one of my best friends that was a NCAA Division I CB was getting his Masters at Purdue and said Brees was the best QB he'd ever seen. I advocated for him then and he's certainly lived up to the hype.

The ONLY reason why he went #32 overall was because people were afraid of a guy that played in a Spread.

Oh, so we can't reference "unqualified idiots" to support our point, but your argument is allowed to be supported by your best friend who used to play college football at an entirely different position a long time ago?

You're not even worth arguing with if your points aren't based on a real foundation.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465905)
Christ, Dane.

Sit out a couple rounds. You're running on fumes, partner.

Riiight.

April 25th can't get here fast enough.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465892)
Pat Kirwin's a ****ing loser. Keep in mind, this guy oversaw personnel for the Jets when Rich Kotite was head coach and hasn't had a job in the NFL in 15+ years.

Bucky Brooks is a moron and if Jeremiah were worth a shit, he wouldn't have been unemployed with a website and a Twitter account for years before being hired by the NFL Network.

Give me a list of "credible" names, then. According to you, not a single one of them on your special list will have Geno in their top 20. And that's adjusted for positional value. I'm being very generous by cutting that number off at 20.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465908)
Oh, so we can't reference "unqualified idiots" to support our point, but your argument is allowed to be supported by your best friend who used to play college football at an entirely different position a long time ago?

You're not even worth arguing with if your points aren't based on a real foundation.

Hey, you dipshit mother****er, I said the same exact thing ON THIS FORUM, in 2001.

Furthermore, ****tard, YOU moved the goal posts, not me.

So shut the **** up.

penbrook 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

PFC is saying the Chiefs will go hard after Sean Smith and William Moore and possibly trade a third rounder for Jeremy Maclin which I dont see to be so bad because we get an extra third for Brandon Carr.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465909)
Riiight.

April 25th can't get here fast enough.

You just got caught moving the goalposts.

Seriously, I mean, what are you doing in this thread? Seriously.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465902)
Oh, **** you

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465820)
There is literally NO ONE saying that Geno Smith should be a first rounder, let alone #1 overall.

You guys are living in a ****ing fantasy land.

Two can play at that game, genius.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465911)
Give me a list of "credible" names, then. According to you, not a single one of them on your special list will have Geno in their top 20. And that's adjusted for positional value. I'm being very generous by cutting that number off at 20.

Clark Judge
Peter King
Rick Gosselin
Adam Schefter
Jay Glazer

How's that for starters?

stevieray 03-04-2013 11:40 PM

Geno Sanchez

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465914)
You just got caught moving the goalposts.

Seriously, I mean, what are you doing in this thread? Seriously.

What am I doing in this thread?

I'm ****ing laughing my ass off at YOU for saying it would be a "coup" for the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith at #1 overall in April.

That is ****ing ridiculous.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9465913)
PFC is saying the Chiefs will go hard after Sean Smith and William Moore and possibly trade a third rounder for Jeremy Maclin which I dont see to be so bad because we get an extra third for Brandon Carr.

Well PFC nailed Alex Smith.

They deserve some benefit of the doubt, at least.

I'm not in favor of trading a third for Maclin, however. But c'est le vie.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465832)
LMAO

Gotta love Chiefs fans.

Direckshun: "Acquiring a starting corner would allow us to break 30 years of misery and finally construct this team around a true, homeschooled franchise QB!"

ChiefsPlanet: "That corner sucks!"

LMAO

Dude, we could sign Leon Sandcastle to line up across from Flowers for all I give a ****. ALL IN for OP premise.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465907)
He'll go in the first round because a QB needy team will take him.

That doesn't mean that he's a consensus first rounder

I'll betcha 95% of draft gurus out there would say Geno is worth a first round pick. Either early, middle, or late, it doesn't matter.

That's consensus, dude. It's the same shit with Mark Sanchez. Not everybody liked him, but the overwhelming majority said a team in the first round should take him. It turns out one team traded UP to go get him.

That's consensus first round.

Geno Smith is a consensus first round pick.

Why am I even ****ing arguing with you? You don't actually mean any of this shit you're saying.

Hope you blow off the steam you need to, bree.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465912)
Hey, you dipshit mother****er, I said the same exact thing ON THIS FORUM, in 2001.

Furthermore, ****tard, YOU moved the goal posts, not me.

So shut the **** up.

You can swear at me and redirect your arguments all you want, Dane, but it doesn't make you correct.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9465919)
Geno Sanchez

Pretty much.

I wanted Sanchez in 2009 over Cassel. As it turned out, it was a wash, if that.

But I wasn't obsessed with the guy, making post after post about him for 7 months before draft. As a matter of fact, I didn't post about him until he made it official in January.

The obsession with Geno Smith is utterly ridiculous. It's as if the guy is Joe Montana, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw wrapped into one untouchable and infallible player.