ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Another person linking Polian's to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267776)

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 09:03 AM

The difference in polian acting like a control freak is he's earned it pioli hasn't and sucks at GM to boot. Every where polians been they've won

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9220570)
The difference in polian acting like a control freak is he's earned it pioli hasn't and sucks at GM to boot. Every where polians been they've won

yep

Dayze 12-18-2012 09:18 AM

I can't believe how horrible Pioli has been. I was stoked about the hire, but man....he has been absolute dog shit.
Aside from re-signing some of Carl's players, he's done absloutely jack shit.

Berry - who is still progressing

.....I can't think of any other good thing he's done. Hudson? Houston looks like it'll pan out.
that's a shitty percentage of 'hits' in 4 god damn years.

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9220613)
I can't believe how horrible Pioli has been. I was stoked about the hire, but man....he has been absolute dog shit.

.....I can't think of any other good thing he's done. Hudson? Houston looks like it'll pan out.

Just about everyone did man I'm disappointed. Now it's time to try again and keep trying.

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

What's even worse, is that he's doing all the thinking he doesn't have anyone challenging his opinions

WhiteWhale 12-18-2012 09:22 AM

Bill Polian is a great GM. I'd love to have a guy that solid.

I'm not convinced that hiring him (which really means hiring his son) is a good call. Nepotism and Cronyism are things I"m tired of in KC, and once Bill rides off into the sunset, what is Chris gonna do?

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

i was stoked at the time as well and a friend of mine (a Steeler Fan) said the week he was signed you gotta remember the Patriot way is Tom Brady not Scott Peeoli.

and he was spot on.

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9220633)
Bill Polian is a great GM. I'd love to have a guy that solid.

I'm not convinced that hiring him (which really means hiring his son) is a good call. Nepotism and Cronyism are things I"m tired of in KC, and once Bill rides off into the sunset, what is Chris gonna do?

they left the Colts in good shape so i'd trust them.

King_Chief_Fan 12-18-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9220477)
Polian's what is linked to KC? It doesn't say.

Once again, the Polian's what is at the top of the list?

Polian's whats are very hands on?

:doh!:

you punctuation police are hard nosed today

RUSH 12-18-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9220645)

Why are people saying this? He did not leave them in good shape. Grigson had to turn over most of the roster because it was so terrible.

Grigson nailed the draft and free agency this year and that's the only reason they are competitive. Luck, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Ballard are all key contributors and a huge part of their success. Avery, Davis, Redding and Brazill were also picked up by Grigson.

The only impact players that Polian left behind were Bethea, Mathis, and Wayne. That's it. Freeney sucks now. The o line is terrible and the defense is a joke.

Brock 12-18-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9220687)
Why are people saying this? He did not leave them in good shape. Grigson had to turn over most of the roster because it was so terrible.

Grigson nailed the draft and free agency this year and that's the only reason they are competitive. Luck, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Ballard are all key contributors and a huge part of their success. Avery, Davis, Redding and Brazill were also picked up by Grigson.

The only impact players that Polian left behind were Bethea, Mathis, and Wayne. That's it. Freeney sucks now. The o line is terrible and the defense is a joke.

I am tending to agree with this. Of course, on the other hand, if Polian was still in Indianapolis, and Peyton weren't traded, they'd most likely still be headed to the playoffs again.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9220645)

never go full reerun.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9220687)

Their offensive line has been bad for a while. Manning masked a lot of problems.

loochy 12-18-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9220658)
you punctuation police are hard nosed today

It's for your own protection.

KCWolfman 12-18-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220171)
Yeah, that makes total sense.

Give the head coach ALL the power and responsibility.

History has proven that always works out well.

If we are talking history, how has the power mad GM worked out for us for twenty years now?

I never stated ALL, I stated MORE.