ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do the events of this weekend save Pioli's and Crennel's jobs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267295)

keg in kc 12-02-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9172852)
The team has talent that it isn't playing up to

I could see Pioli staying and all the coaching being fired.

I imagine if that happens then Hunt would of also told Pioli that he needs to address the QB position asap and he better get the HC position correct this time.

Maybe ...

The Hunt family is conservative and resists change.

Yep.

okcchief 12-02-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9172840)
But it's gone now?

Nope, I think sympathy gives him another year. I think any chance we had went away yesterday. Clark is too big of a pussy to fire him now

Crennel might retire, but Pioli will be here. I hope I can shit on myself for thinking that in a month. It should not effect the decision, but I think it will.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 04:27 PM

Sweet God I hope not.

okcchief 12-02-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9172851)
He made the right one with Carl in 2008, and Pioli in 2009.

Believe me. I want you to be right. He's done a horrible job, been an arrogant prick, and yesterday changes nothing for me.

He hand picked Pioli. Seems to like him on a personal level, and now sees him as a sympathetic figure.

That's my feeling, but I hope I'm dead wrong.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 04:36 PM

I guarantee you he does not like Pioli on a personal level.

The Hunt family does not like Pioli.

Titty Meat 12-02-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9172937)
I guarantee you he does not like Pioli on a personal level.

The Hunt family does not like Pioli.

Source?

Reerun_KC 12-02-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9172893)
Nope, I think sympathy gives him another year. I think any chance we had went away yesterday. Clark is too big of a pussy to fire him now

Crennel might retire, but Pioli will be here. I hope I can shit on myself for thinking that in a month. It should not effect the decision, but I think it will.

100% this

And now SOC might have to change its approach...

We're ****ed...

Bugeater 12-02-2012 04:38 PM

Of course it does, and that's making the assumption their jobs were really in danger in the first place.

keg in kc 12-02-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9172948)
100% this

And now SOC might have to change its approach...

We're ****ed...

Oh, just wait until they win their 4th game, draft 3rd and take Manti Te'o.

Reerun_KC 12-02-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9172955)

That will probably end it for me as a fan.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 04:43 PM

I'm not trying to be insensitive. Just pointing out reality.

This put us in a situation that Romeo is built well for. He is a player's coach and his players respect the hell out of him. I can't stand player's coaches because like earlier this year, you find that players will walk all over you. But in situations like these, players respond really well to a coach they love.

So yes... I have a huge fear that Romeo will improve this team just enough to keep everyone's job safe. That it will be harder for fans to be critics of the team because of the unique emotional circumstances. And that what Pioli/RAC had the misfortune of experiencing might make it seem more insensitive to get rid of them.

I've been a Chiefs' fan too long to not look at these things realistically. I have a really bad feeling that this unique situation is the kind of thing that saves jobs that don't need to be saved.

FlaChief58 12-02-2012 04:47 PM

No. A man killed a woman and himself yesterday and while sad, it does not change the fact that this team is broken top to bottom. Clark still has to right the ship and get rid of those responsible for trying to sink it

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9173000)
No. A man killed a woman and himself yesterday and while sad, it does not change the fact that this team is broken top to bottom. Clark still has to right the ship and get rid of those responsible for trying to sink it

This.

And **** today's "winning effort".

Useless.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9173000)

We all get that.

It's never been about that.

It's about whether people in a position to do anything get it. I'm not convinced of this.

ILChief 12-02-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9172955)

Especially if Quinn finishes strong