ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Dance party’s over for the Chiefs, Crennel says (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266617)

Rain Man 11-14-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9118007)

Crennel last week said he would bench players who commit turnovers during games. Asked if he would do the same for players who dance and celebrate, he said, “I’m going to emphasize to those guys that those kinds of penalties are hurtful to the team and that we don’t need them, and then we will see whether we sit them or not.”

My goodness. By the third quarter we're not going to have 11 players that we can put out onto the field. This may finally be our chance to have a first-round quarterback when Dontari Poe steps behind center.

Coogs 11-14-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9118744)
My goodness. By the third quarter we're not going to have 11 players that we can put out onto the field. This may finally be our chance to have a first-round quarterback when Dontari Poe steps behind center.

He could be alright. It's not like the bar has been set that high.

durtyrute 11-14-2012 03:18 PM

This was their best game of the season?

Rasputin 11-14-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9118211)
"We have a young team...."

No, you don't. When Pioli took this team over he had a young team. Unfortunately he hasn't actually added much in the way of young talent to it, so it's mostly just a team of guys that are in their primes and/or soon to be leaving them.

Football is a young man's game. Every single team in the NFL adds new guys in their early 20's every year. The difference between a 'young team' and a 'team with young guys' is that the young team has young players that actually contribute in a meaningful fashion.

This one doesn't. That excuse is horseshit and it just doesn't wash anymore. When Carr, Flowers, Lewis, Bowe, Dorsey, Albert, Pollard, etc... where feeling their way through the league as young starters, it was a 'young team'. Now it's just an aging team with a bunch of shitty draft picks sitting on the bench that happen to be on the right side of 25.

**** these guys so very much.

This. Wish they would quit saying that too erks me ****. Good post my sentiments exactly.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 03:32 PM

Monday Night Meltdown part Duex

Rain Man 11-14-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9118746)
He could be alright. It's not like the bar has been set that high.

Good point. I'm certainly willing to see what he can do.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9118211)
"We have a young team...."

No, you don't. When Pioli took this team over he had a young team. .

Actually we do. We didn't have a single player on the roster over 30 until we signed Sean Smith last week. He is 31. At the beginning of the year, this was a big deal and even talked about nationally. Apparently it hasn't happened very much in the history of the league.

Our biggest weakness is leadership on the field imo. Even more so than QB. Ideally, if we could get a QB who was also a big time leader, we would be in business.

As for Romeo and Pioli using the age thing as an excuse, you can count on it. Pioli even had Looney or one of the other goons write about it at the beginning of the year. This is another one of those deals where Pioli was a step ahead of everyone else imo. Making a big deal about it was calculated.

The Iron Chief 11-14-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9118751)
This was their best game of the season?

I was thinking the same thing..but then again it was our first lead of the yr.
So that in itself I suppose warrants the comment.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-14-2012 06:42 PM

So if the past is any indicator, DJ will do a spinaroonie after getting a TFL next week then.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9118827)
Actually we do. We didn't have a single player on the roster over 30 until we signed Sean Smith last week. He is 31. At the beginning of the year, this was a big deal and even talked about nationally. Apparently it hasn't happened very much in the history of the league.

Our biggest weakness is leadership on the field imo. Even more so than QB. Ideally, if we could get a QB who was also a big time leader, we would be in business.

As for Romeo and Pioli using the age thing as an excuse, you can count on it. Pioli even had Looney or one of the other goons write about it at the beginning of the year. This is another one of those deals where Pioli was a step ahead of everyone else imo. Making a big deal about it was calculated.

dude stop repping me, you have the rep power of a dickless rooster...

go away loser.

Sorter 11-14-2012 07:56 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9119421)

go away loser.

notorious 11-14-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9119421)

go away loser.

It's not the size of the rep, it's how he uses it.

Oh, wait.....

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9119271)
So if the past is any indicator, DJ will do a spinaroonie after getting a TFL next week then.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1862011_o.gif

DJ's left nut 11-14-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9118827)

This isn't baseball.

For most of the players on the field, the wall comes well before 30. By 30 yrs old, you're an 'old' team. This team isn't old, but it damn sure isn't young. The entire core of this team is in its prime or leaving it.

That's not a young team.

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9119456)
This isn't baseball.

For most of the players on the field, the wall comes well before 30. By 30 yrs old, you're an 'old' team. This team isn't old, but it damn sure isn't young. The entire core of this team is in its prime or leaving it.

That's not a young team.

A lot of guys on this team started from day 1. That happens more and more in the NFL, which makes the point about reaching 30 even less indicative or experience. A lot of players on this team have been starting AND in leadership roles for a long enough time.