ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News -- Man Protests 'All You Can Eat' fish-fry for cutting him off. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259565)

Setsuna 05-16-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8619427)
I'm siding with the business owner on this one. I know that guys type and that guys type is a piece of shit.

The owner claims he was giving his friend fish when he didn't order anything, that's not part of the deal.

The owner offered to give him plenty of fish to take home to make up for it

The guy sounds and looks like a piece of shit, he's wearing a nascar hat for ****s sakes.

So by default dylan sounds and looks like a piece of shit? I'm telling.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-16-2012 04:58 PM

Some people are addicted to heroin, some people are addicted to fish.

Bugeater 05-16-2012 05:00 PM

I gotta side with McFatass on this one. If a restaurant is advertising "all you can eat", they damn well better be prepared to supply their customers with all they can eat. I don't see any ambiguity with that statement.

As far as him being a "problem" customer...I'm pretty sure a business has the right to refuse service to someone who has previously caused problems for them.

R8RFAN 05-16-2012 05:06 PM

Yup, if you can't afford an all you can eat menu then don't have one.

Tell the dude you no longer want his business and tell him not to come back, call the cops and give him the order to stay away... Problem solved as long as he does not burn down the place later that night.

JD10367 05-16-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8620458)
I gotta side with McFatass on this one. If a restaurant is advertising "all you can eat", they damn well better be prepared to supply their customers with all they can eat. I don't see any ambiguity with that statement.

I agree. He's a fat douchebag, and I'd serve him some ill-prepared fugu if I were them, but he's right. Unless there's a stipulation, which some places do have (like the expensive seafood buffet I go to, which tells you right up front there's a 2-hour time limit in the restaurant) then he has the right to eat until he blows up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2Bs1ZZ-7b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 05-16-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8620362)
Remember when the Simpsons was actually funny?

[Homer has been thrown out of an all-you-can-eat restaurant for eating too much]
Lionel Hutz: This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story.
Homer: So, do you think I have a case?
Lionel Hutz: Mr. Simpson, I don't use the word 'hero' lightly, but you are the greatest hero in American history.
Homer: Woohoo!

I always liked the one where they were in the "pick your own cow to kill" steakhouse and Homer got into the steak-eating contest. As they were about to start, Marge had to yell out, "Homer! Stop filling up on bread!"

Rain Man 05-16-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8620504)
I agree. He's a fat douchebag, and I'd serve him some ill-prepared fugu if I were them, but he's right. Unless there's a stipulation, which some places do have (like the expensive seafood buffet I go to, which tells you right up front there's a 2-hour time limit in the restaurant) then he has the right to eat until he blows up.

Legally, it does indeed seem like an "all you can eat" contract is difficult to break. It's right there on the sign.

However, if he wants to be a legal beagle about that promise, there's nothing on the sign that promises the rate of service. Perhaps it's one shrimp per hour. And it says nothing about the means of delivery. Perhaps it's served inside a locked safe. And it says nothing at all about the type of seafood. Perhaps it's plankton.

Easy 6 05-16-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8619402)
That dude is gross. He definitely got the meat sweats later.

LMAO

MatriculatingHank 05-16-2012 08:16 PM

http://www.crazystupidshit.com/wp-co...ou-go-home.jpg

Okie_Apparition 05-16-2012 08:33 PM

I could live life just fine & never eat sea/river/pond/lake food ever again
he can have mine

Dayze 05-16-2012 08:35 PM

don't worry. In about 10 years, we'll all be paying for his unlimited bypass surgeries.

JD10367 05-16-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8620527)
Legally, it does indeed seem like an "all you can eat" contract is difficult to break. It's right there on the sign.

However, if he wants to be a legal beagle about that promise, there's nothing on the sign that promises the rate of service. Perhaps it's one shrimp per hour. And it says nothing about the means of delivery. Perhaps it's served inside a locked safe. And it says nothing at all about the type of seafood. Perhaps it's plankton.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd think there are rules about "exclusion of detail". In other words, given the facts on hand (i.e. what's promised, "all you can eat"), you have to apply logic only to those facts and can't extrapolate or assume or trick. If it says "all you can eat", and that's it, then it's reasonable to assume they, a restaurant, mean a.) the food in the restaurant and b.) that the food is both edible and usual in terms of quantity, service, delivery, etc.,. (Similar to how, in the reverse manner of protecting the store's rights against customers, a sign that says "no shoes, no shirt, no service" does not mean you can walk into a place with shoes, a shirt, and no pants or underwear on, and insist on service because they didn't specifically state "pants and underwear must be worn").

When it comes to buffets and "all you can eat", they all run that risk of having a severe fatty show up and pig out. But it's assumed that it all evens out in the wash, and for every fatty who pigs out you have someone who doesn't eat as much. Now, if this guy is a professional glutton, and he comes there routinely, then they probably should be smart enough to add some riders to the contract (as in my forementioned "two-hour time limit" or "only one plate at a time" or something). Otherwise, they have to feed him what he wants.

UL Washington 05-16-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8620527)

Also the guy has an obligation to pay, if he had an open tab that's reason right there to stop service until he makes good.

Thig Lyfe 05-16-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8621146)
don't worry. In about 10 years, we'll all be paying for his unlimited bypass surgeries.

They better be unlimited!

TimeForWasp 05-16-2012 11:53 PM

Believe it or not, it's good advertisement for the place. I'll bet it draws more customers.