ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Broncos: I don't see it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259165)

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N5 (Post 8589845)
I understand and even can get behind that a bit... but statistically speaking, they benefitted from, in baseball terms, an EXTREMELY HIGH BABIP. you have to assume that they'll return to the mean by at LEAST a bit, and lose several more than they should win (rather than vice versa like they did last year).

Normally, I'd agree. But QB play in this league trumps all.

If healthy, Manning will make these fringe players better.

Hell, Demaryius Thomas racked up 300 yards in two playoff games with Tebow throwing him the ball.

It'll be interesting to watch, that's for sure.

notorious 05-02-2012 08:09 PM

Denver played a mediocre schedule last year.

Offenses played conservative, since Denver's offense was shit. Against Manning the other teams are going to attack again.

I see them going 8-8 again.

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8589865)
Denver played a mediocre schedule last year.

Offenses played conservative, since Denver's offense was shit. Against Manning the other teams are going to attack again.

I see them going 8-8 again.

:spock:

The played the exact same "difficult" schedule we did - save two games.

And their two extra opponents combined for an 18-14 record, while ours combined for a 14-18 record.

RealSNR 05-02-2012 08:15 PM

You don't just plug in Manning, do a training camp and some preseason games, and then go.

That's a complicated offense they'll be running, and a lot of the direction is going to have to come from Manning himself. Mike McCoy, while a fantastic offensive coordinator, is unfamiliar with this playbook and can only do so much.

I'm disappointed we don't have any early games against the Broncos, because I think they'll be weak and vulnerable to start the season. As the year progresses, however, they'll finally start to click if Manning is at full strength.

Time will tell if they can click into an offensive groove and be what the Colts were come the playoffs. It may very well take two seasons to see the full potential of that team.

notorious 05-02-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589886)
:spock:

The played the exact same "difficult" schedule we did - save two games.

And their two extra opponents combined for an 18-14 record, while ours combined for a 14-18 record.

I didn't say shit about our schedule.

-King- 05-02-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589815)
McGahee ran for 1200 yards - good for 8th overall and 4th in AFC.

Obviously, Tebow running for 600+ is why they led the league, but to imply their backs were bad is ridiculous.

McGahee and Knowshon are average backs. Well, McGahee is an average back. Knowshon is terrible.

notorious 05-02-2012 08:19 PM

Denver is a much better franchise overall then KC, though.

In time they will eventually go back to SB's while the Chiefs are left with their dicks in hand.

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8589906)
I didn't say shit about our schedule.

No, you didn't.

However, the majority of this board uses the "7-9 against a tough schedule missing our two best players" excuse quite often, so this needed to be pointed out.

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8589910)
McGahee and Knowshon are average backs. Well, McGahee is an average back. Knowshon is terrible.

Agreed on Knowshon, but 8th in the league (WM) isn't anything to sneeze at.

If calling the 4th leading rusher in the AFC "average" makes you feel better about him playing for a rival, so be it.

notorious 05-02-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589920)
No, you didn't.

However, the majority of this board uses the "7-9 against a tough schedule missing our two best players" excuse quite often, so this needed to be pointed out.

I got it, and you are 100% correct, that is a common excuse.

Denver is probably going to be better then us because they have the one component that matters. If he is healthy, they will be tough to beat.

Teams will play them differently, though. The opposition will attack knowing that they have to keep up. The defense will take a step back IMO.

Let's not forget the "Peyton" factor, which is the fact that the officials will bend over backwards to protect him, and Denver will probably get a lot of ticky-tack defensive holding and PI calls to go their way.

-King- 05-02-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589931)

If calling the 4th leading rusher in the AFC "average" makes you feel better about him playing for a rival, so be it.

670 yards
540 yards
380 yards
1200 yards

Those are his last 4 years. He's average.

Shit, Peyton Hillis puts up comparable stats.

RealSNR 05-02-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589931)

Do you think Baltimore used him as a short yardage back only just to be dicks, then? Or did they just think LeRon McClain was that much better? After all, when the Ravens were short on RBs that year, they turned to McClain to start some games, and favored him OVER McGahee.

The Ravens have been wrong about RBs plenty of times before, so it's possible they were just idiots, I guess.

RealSNR 05-02-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8589948)
Let's not forget the "Peyton" factor, which is the fact that the officials will bend over backwards to protect him, and Denver will probably get a lot of ticky-tack defensive holding and PI calls to go their way.

Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all :grr:

Hammock Parties 05-02-2012 08:31 PM

PFF gave the Donks run blocking a shitty grade last year.

It's entirely possible, without the option threat, their running game goes to shit.

Marcellus 05-02-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589920)
No, you didn't.

The same board that claimed before the season 7-9 would be a success with that schedule?