ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports INSANITY Workout – any CP Insanity veterans in here?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255946)

alnorth 02-09-2012 11:20 PM

After reading through this and other reviews, this looks interesting. Gonna order this and give it a shot.

007 02-09-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8362362)
After reading through this and other reviews, this looks interesting. Gonna order this and give it a shot.

Just ask your friends if they have it then borrow it. Both workouts are severely overpriced.

jspchief 02-10-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8360962)
So what would you suggest? Should one just not even try? Just curious.

Not what I'm suggesting at all.

I'm saying if you have the resolve to stick to insanity or p90x at the suggested effort level, then there are hundreds of workout programs that will work.

There's nothing about those programs that make them more effective, unless you need a video to tell you to work really hard at it.

Hell, you could probably go to Men's Health website and get a cardiovascular program and lean muscle program that will be just as, if not more effective, assuming you put out comparable effort.

I mean, if you need the gimmick of it all... Message boards, YouTube vids, etc, go for it.

Omaha 02-10-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8362395)
Just ask your friends if they have it then borrow it. Both workouts are severely overpriced.

Severely overpriced? I paid $120 for P90X. My brother bought it used for $60. How can anything be "severely" overpriced at that amount?

Omaha 02-10-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 8361848)
If you go through the message boards on the BeachBody website, they say things like results are 80% diet and 20% workout. If that's the case, then I feel I've been duped. My diet wasn't (isn't) horrible but I have curtailed portions and eliminated late night eating. I bust it in the workouts and should be seeing better results IMO.

Don't feel like you've been duped. That's not only true of ANY program, it's a fact of life. You'll derail any exercise program with a bad diet. Many people with less-than-stellar diets think their diets are healthy.

chiefzilla1501 02-10-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

I started Insanity five weeks ago. I'm just about to start the second month. I have mixed feelings.

The good:

I feel my cardio has improved and I do feel stronger. The fit test that they have you do intermittently shows that I am getting in shape. However,

The so- so:

I started out at 207 for a 6', 39-year old and have only dropped about 4 pounds. I don't feel thinner, but I have went down a notch on the old belt. I can't tell the difference in the mirror. Ill wait until the end of the month to compare the before and after pictures.

If you go through the message boards on the BeachBody website, they say things like results are 80% diet and 20% workout. If that's the case, then I feel I've been duped. My diet wasn't (isn't) horrible but I have curtailed portions and eliminated late night eating. I bust it in the workouts and should be seeing better results IMO.

The bad:

It was killing my back. The stretching is WAY too inadequate. For all the core workouts they do, I don't think they are that effective. I've since supplemented it with yoga, extra stretching and the ab ripper X from P90X and it feels better.

All in all, I think maybe I've set myself up to have a big second month by building a little muscle. But we'll see. I'll try to let you all know how it goes.

I can tell you that diet alone wont do it. Diet and running alone wont do it. If you do insanity plus diet it absolutely works.

You took the diet one step. Take it one step further. Cutting back portions isn't necessarily effective. Its actually advised to eat a lot of calories as log as they are the right calories. Try out the p90x diet. Essentially you go one month on a protein heavy diey to burn fat, then you begin incorporating complex carbs. More importantly you walk into the grocery store paying really close attention to what you eat.

L.A. Chieffan 02-10-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8362395)

im calling the feds, thats p2p

chiefzilla1501 02-10-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8362497)
Not what I'm suggesting at all.

I'm saying if you have the resolve to stick to insanity or p90x at the suggested effort level, then there are hundreds of workout programs that will work.

There's nothing about those programs that make them more effective, unless you need a video to tell you to work really hard at it.

Hell, you could probably go to Men's Health website and get a cardiovascular program and lean muscle program that will be just as, if not more effective, assuming you put out comparable effort.

I mean, if you need the gimmick of it all... Message boards, YouTube vids, etc, go for it.

I disagree. The videos squeeze a lot of work into a short space. Its a very efficient workout. If you're a pro or have money to shell on a trainee, yeah, you'll get better results. But for people like me... I've tried multiple programs and had a good weightlifting routine prior to this. Not nearly as good as p90x and insanity. Thr problem is a lot of hose programs don't work that great and because p90x really kind of guarantees results at program end its more likely you'll stick with it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 8359155)
I found this to be extremely easy. Never even broke a sweat.

Of course I hired a 23 year old kid to do the workout while I watched TV and drank some beer. That was a tremendous help.

:clap: LMAO

frankotank 02-10-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

I started Insanity five weeks ago. I'm just about to start the second month. I have mixed feelings.

The good:

I feel my cardio has improved and I do feel stronger. The fit test that they have you do intermittently shows that I am getting in shape. However,

The so- so:

I started out at 207 for a 6', 39-year old and have only dropped about 4 pounds. I don't feel thinner, but I have went down a notch on the old belt. I can't tell the difference in the mirror. Ill wait until the end of the month to compare the before and after pictures.

The bad:

It was killing my back. The stretching is WAY too inadequate. For all the core workouts they do, I don't think they are that effective. I've since supplemented it with yoga, extra stretching and the ab ripper X from P90X and it feels better.

All in all, I think maybe I've set myself up to have a big second month by building a little muscle. But we'll see. I'll try to let you all know how it goes.

I'm thinking you probably weren't very overwieght to begin with right? dropping only 4 pounds because you really don't need to drop much anyways? just curious. starting out at 250 I will lose lose lose I'm sure. I doubt I'll ever see 207 again...but who knows. I'm a big guy. everone is different. those Air Force charts that say a 6 foot man should weigh about 175 are just stupid. I'll weigh 175 when I'm on my cancerous death bed! I could find 10 different 6 footers all in great shape and the weights would be all over the place. as crazy as this workout is I'm shocked you've only lost 4 lbs...so again....you were probably already in decent shape right?

frankotank 02-14-2012 09:25 AM

The odyssey has begun. Did the first workout this morning (which is actually a fitness test) and it damn near killed me. Apparently……I’m not very fit! I made it through with no heart attack. Starting at 254 lbs. May the force be with me…..

BigRichard 02-14-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8372102)
The odyssey has begun. Did the first workout this morning (which is actually a fitness test) and it damn near killed me. Apparently……I’m not very fit! I made it through with no heart attack. Starting at 254 lbs. May the force be with me…..

I just completed the day two and three the last couple of days. You will be filling it tomorrow.

WV 02-14-2012 02:39 PM

On day two of P90X and it's pretty freaking intense without it being called that!

BigRichard 02-14-2012 02:39 PM

I would say the key to a successful workout is to quit it when you don't like it. If you start hating something switch to something else. I have been lifting weights the last few months and now I am sick of it. I am now gonna give this a go around for a while. I will eventually get sick of it too and maybe decide to go back to weights.

Chiefnj2 02-14-2012 02:41 PM

You people are getting me motivated to start p90x again. I did about 60 days the first go around, then caught a stomach virus that sapped my strength for about a week. After that week off, I never went back to it.