ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Great Sandwiches from CP (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210954)

bogey 07-27-2009 06:51 PM

ehrloom tomato and mayo on white bread is my favorite.

also... egg sandwich
when cooking the eggs add tabasco and garlic salt. put on bread with mayo and american cheese and enjoy.

cdcox 07-27-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 5929008)
Good ****in grief...

Bread...Meat...Cheese...Veggie...Mayo...Boom!

Ya got cherself a ****in sandwich.

But not a great sandwich.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-27-2009 07:56 PM

Fool's Gold Loaf

- 1 loaf Italian white bread; - 2 tbsps butter; - 1 lb lean bacon; - 1 jar smooth peanut butter; - 1 jar grape jelly ; Serves: Elvis (8-10 people);

Today's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, so celebrate by glutting yourself on his favorite sandwich: the Fool's Gold Loaf.
http://www.thrillist.com/images/insets/foolsgold.gifThe house specialty of the now defunct Colorado Gold Mine Company restaurant, legend has it Elvis flew from Memphis to Denver late one night just to down one of these 42,000-calorie monsters. Despite the added weight, the plane made it back.
Wise men say only fools rush in to a sandwich like this, but you can't help risking a massive coronary to try it:
Cooking: Slather the butter all over the loaf's entire exterior surface. Then toss it onto a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for around 15 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, fry the bacon -- lean, for "health" purposes.
Assembly: Slice the loaf lengthwise, then hollow it out, for ample room to glob on the entire jars of peanut butter and jelly. Carefully arrange the bacon slices over the PB&J (presentation is everything). Close the loaf, and prepare yourself for kingly transcendence.

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/...old_Loaf_2.jpg

boogblaster 07-27-2009 07:56 PM

Butter and grill both sides of your favorite bread .. then put miracle whip on both slices add crisp bacon-ham-salomia-smokey cheese and garden fresh tomato .. put bak on the grill and cover till cheese melts ... serve with hash-browned zucchinni squash with grated onion too ...

Shaid 07-27-2009 10:01 PM

Steak Sandwich
Take leftover steak and slice it into long thin slices.
Put it in a pan with onions, mushrooms, and worcestershire sauce
Saute until done
Top with your favorite cheese.(I like provolone with this.)
Butter 2 slices of texas toast and grill them in a pan to place your wonderful concoction onto.
You can add mayo to the slices if you want but generally the juices are enough that it is moist and awesome without it.

LaChapelle 07-27-2009 11:48 PM

Take a 2 inch slice from a block of vanilla icecream. Cut in half and add redhots(candy), fold over.

KCChiefsMan 07-28-2009 12:21 AM

I love just getting a roast, put all of the seasonings I like on it and sear it and render the fat a bit. Then pop it in the oven for 3 hours, comes out med rare and make a sandwich.

Ceej 07-28-2009 12:29 AM

I'm fairly easy with sandwiches. Toasted bagel, butter/or cream cheese right after toasting so it gets nice and melted. If you choose butter, then add a piece of pepperjack with honey ham. Yum. Anything on a toasted bagel is pretty amazing. Even just meat and cheese, as long as the cheese is applied right after toasting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Abba-Dabba 07-28-2009 03:33 AM

For me the bread doesn't really matter. I love them all.
I toast my bread before putting anything on it. After toasting I let it cool if using mayo, which is more times than not.

I'm partial to a cajun style roast beef, bread mayo'ed on both sides. Onions thinly sliced and tomatoes. Topped with Colby cheese and put in the broiler for a few minutes to get a slight burn on the cheese. Add lettuce and eat.

A good substitute for both the mayo and cheese is any flavor of laughing cow spreadable cheese.

BigOlChiefsfan 07-28-2009 09:30 AM

I like havarti and provolone or muenster + very thin slices of vidalia onion + mayo on Jewish Rye, to make a butter-grilled cheese sammitch. If I have bacon or hard salami on hand, they go in there, too. Thin layers so everything melts quickly.

I like a Bacon/Tomato on extra crisp toast. Extra mayo, skip the lettuce.

Vidalia onions (or any really sweet onion) thick slices w/lots of mayo on white bread, thin roast beef, sweet pickle slices. OR sweet onion slices w/roast beef salad.

Freshly grilled pork tenderloin sliced across the grain, freshly roasted red bell pepper strips (marinated in italian dressing) red onion on garlic-rubbed & grilled baguette. White American or Brie cheese. I pour the pepper-marinade on the (hollowed out) top slice of bread.

Chicken tenders or sliced chicken breast, grilled, on grilled kaiser rolls or ciabatta rolls w/muffalatta olive relish* mixed w/a little jar of marinated artichoke hearts. Cover top slice of bread with olive/artichoke marinade. Slice of red onion.

*Olive relish - 1 small can sliced black olives, 1 jar 'salad' green olives (already broken - chop finer if you like) drain both and mix w/2 cloves minced garlic and 2 or 3 tablespoons good olive oil. Add a big pinch of italian seasoning, thyme and 2 big pinchs of crushed red pepper. Stir well, I pour in a jar and microwave for 1 minute or so then let marinate (covered) at room temp for half an hour or more. You can add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts to mixed olives and add pepper flakes - makes pretty much the same thing. Will keep in the 'fridge for several days. Great on a lot of sandwiches, roast pork or grilled chicken in particular. It's traditional on New Orleans Muffalatta sandwich. Replaces mayo and mustard.

DMAC 07-28-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5929281)
Fool's Gold Loaf

- 1 loaf Italian white bread; - 2 tbsps butter; - 1 lb lean bacon; - 1 jar smooth peanut butter; - 1 jar grape jelly ; Serves: Elvis (8-10 people);

Today's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, so celebrate by glutting yourself on his favorite sandwich: the Fool's Gold Loaf.
http://www.thrillist.com/images/insets/foolsgold.gifThe house specialty of the now defunct Colorado Gold Mine Company restaurant, legend has it Elvis flew from Memphis to Denver late one night just to down one of these 42,000-calorie monsters. Despite the added weight, the plane made it back.
Wise men say only fools rush in to a sandwich like this, but you can't help risking a massive coronary to try it:
Cooking: Slather the butter all over the loaf's entire exterior surface. Then toss it onto a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for around 15 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, fry the bacon -- lean, for "health" purposes.
Assembly: Slice the loaf lengthwise, then hollow it out, for ample room to glob on the entire jars of peanut butter and jelly. Carefully arrange the bacon slices over the PB&J (presentation is everything). Close the loaf, and prepare yourself for kingly transcendence.

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/...old_Loaf_2.jpg

Which brings up...toast n jelly folded in half with bacon in the middle is one of the most delicious things on the planet.

Iowanian 07-28-2009 09:59 AM

This time of year....It's BLT, toasted, not toasted, or flat bread...doesn't matter. Awesome.

Lately, I'm a big fan of flatbread, sliced roast beef, provalone, lettuce, tomato, a dab of miracle whip and honey mustard.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-28-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 5930154)
Which brings up...toast n jelly folded in half with bacon in the middle is one of the most delicious things on the planet.

I gotta' admit; 3:30 in the morning, home from the bar, drunk and stoned, I'd eat the living **** out of that atrocity.

Jilly 07-28-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 5928809)
So I'm eyeballing the first tomato I have starting to ripen on the vine and can't wait to be able to pick it. That gave me a thought.

What are some of the best CP homemade sandwiches out there?

I love BLT's but have decided this one is a great variation:

Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. I take good bread, buttered, and grill open faced, with cheese on each slice. Both American and Cheddar work well. I put a home grown tomato slice on one side (patted dry) and bacon on the other. Slap the two sides together and grill for another 30 seconds or so on both sides. Served with a good soup it makes a great evening meal.

So, what great sandwich ideas are out there on CP? Please note I plan on opening a B&B someday and just might use your ideas. :)

We call these cheese delights adn I ****ing LOVE them.

MVChiefFan 07-28-2009 10:28 AM

I worked in a deli during college and invented quite a few sandwiches. Some good, some not so good. One of my favorites though was mayo, a thick slice of super sharp cheddar cheese and a bunch of bread and butter pickles. I still crave those 12 years later.