ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Weird Al Yankovic- "Whatever You Like" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193848)

POND_OF_RED 10-10-2008 05:18 PM

"genius" is just a lot faster to type than "he's very talented in his line of work"

Micjones 10-10-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 5102325)
"genius" is just a lot faster to type than "he's very talented in his line of work"

Fair enough.

luv 10-10-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5102317)
This has nothing to do with feeling underappreciated in this forum.
My reputation would suggest otherwise.

I just don't like when people assign terms like "genius" and "great" to parties undeserving. I heard Mitch Holthus call Brandon Flowers a GREAT player the other night. Made me cringe.

He's a rookie who's performed fairly well in just 5 games, but to call him a great player at this point is flat absurd.

Okay, you believe people use the term loosely. Cringe and move on to the next thread, then. Geez.

Micjones 10-10-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5102335)
Okay, you believe people use the term loosely. Cringe and move on to the next thread, then. Geez.

I thought this was a message board open to the exchange of ideas that don't exactly mirror one another?

Sorry I disagreed with the idea that he's comedic genius.
ROFL

I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I bother to disagree with someone.
That's GENIUS.

luv 10-10-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5102340)
I thought this was a message board open to the exchange of ideas that don't exactly mirror one another?

Sorry I disagreed with the idea that he's comedic genius.
ROFL

I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I bother to disagree with someone.
That's genius.

IMO, there's a difference in disagreeing and trying to prove everyone wrong. I don't know why I even got in on this conversation, to tell you the truth. :)

Micjones 10-10-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5102346)
IMO, there's a difference in disagreeing and trying to prove everyone wrong.

And I suppose no one else in this thread has done that?

That's a joke.

When you have a discussion you present your argument.
I do so passionately. Sue me.
:D

Johnny Vegas 10-10-2008 07:25 PM

funny thing is is that T.I. allowed him to do this song. Just goes to show T.I. has a sense of humor and isn't so serious(one of T.I.'s album names) little T.I. joke. There it goes flying away.....

Great remake!

luv 10-10-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmajama (Post 5102644)
funny thing is is that T.I. allowed him to do this song. Just goes to show T.I. has a sense of humor and isn't so serious(one of T.I.'s album names) little T.I. joke. There it goes flying away.....

Great remake!

Nice Prgressive Insurance commercial reference. :p

KcMizzou 10-10-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmajama (Post 5102644)

Great remake!

Yeah, props to him for that. If I remember correctly, Coolio was a bitch about "Amish Paradise".

HoustonChiefFan 10-10-2008 07:51 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yle5-eGBdkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yle5-eGBdkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

comedy genius.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2008 08:00 PM

God I hate white rappers.

Johnny Vegas 10-10-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5102645)
Nice Prgressive Insurance commercial reference. :p

:D thats where I got it from...

Deberg_1990 10-10-2008 08:24 PM

BTW, anyone ever seen Weird Al's flick "UHF" that came out about 20 years or so ago?

Always cracked me up. Michael (Kramer) Richards is in it, and hes hilarious.

blaise 10-11-2008 12:30 AM

I just want to thank micjones for coming and letting everyone know exactly what comedy and genius are all about by quoting people again and again and dissecting what they've said to make some point.
Nothing like trying to suck all the humor out of a place by explaining to everyone how they don't understand what funny really is. Thank you so much for explaining the true essence and meaning of comedy and genius.
micjones = not funny.
Weird Al = funny.
Weird Al = takes other people's works and makes homorous parodies.
micjones = quotes other people's lines in this thread and makes unfunny posts tailored around them.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-11-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5102227)
I stand by that statement. Well... Everything except the word "exposed". I misspoke.
I chose the wrong word. You all have certainly been exposed. But given this line of discussion I don't know that I'm talking to people truly knowledgeable about comedy.

You identify who the great contributors were (to comedy) in the last 30 years and no way in Hell Weird Al's name comes up. Unless you don't know Jack and Shit about comedy.

Knowledgable about comedy? I always thought comedy was shit that made you laugh. If that's the case then I guess comedy would be different for each individual. For anyone to say that someone is or isn't a comedic genius is just an opinion. No matter who it's coming from.