ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dark Knight International Poster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176646)

Sure-Oz 12-14-2007 10:29 PM

haha, appreciate it, i'll definetly check it out, hell may even buy it. I've always heard it was a cool movie but just never got around to it. Ever see Rapid Fire?

L.A. Chieffan 12-14-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I especially dig the scene where he's putting on the makeup to The Cure : Burn.

(Yeah, I've seen that movie too many times.)

I heard that's one of the scenes they filmed after he died and they actually used a double and digitally imposed his face in the mirror.

JBucc 12-14-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
Maybe I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but Nolan definitely understands the dark underbelly of Batman, as both a troubled person & as a mythic hero, and the frame of the poster is setup with Batman midframe behind the steel frame. IMO, it's symbolizes prison bars. Batman, being removed from the city and yet watching over it. Never able to be fully incorporated as a normal citizen... yada, yada, can't ever really find a girl b/c he has to keep them at a distance...

Take it for what it's worth, just my thoughts...

Actually it's just really cold and he got his tongue stuck to the metal part.

irishjayhawk 12-14-2007 10:39 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Batman IMAX preview (first 6 min) and the theatrical trailer are nothing short of incredible.

If there's still dissent about Ledger (and I lead them, saying he was a miscast on paper), they can STFU. Great cast and going to be a wonderfully shot movie.

CoMoChief 12-14-2007 11:12 PM

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...3052052493.jpg

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA TURN ME INTO A SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS!!!!

L.A. Chieffan 12-14-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...3052052493.jpg

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA TURN ME INTO A SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS!!!!

Buncha slack jawed bundle of stickss around here....

UteChief 12-15-2007 12:28 AM

Something isn't right with how both Bruce and Brandon Lee died. Weird!!!

And does anyone know how Jason Scott Lee is related?

Sure-Oz 12-15-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief
Something isn't right with how both Bruce and Brandon Lee died. Weird!!!

And does anyone know how Jason Scott Lee is related?

Not related at all

UteChief 12-15-2007 12:39 AM

Was Bruce Lee an only child?

HolmeZz 12-15-2007 12:42 AM

Never really got into Batman. Probably because he's not a Superhero. He's just a dude in a suit.

Fly O.T. McWall 12-15-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
Yeah he got shot by a stunt man IIRC. They thought there were blanks in the gun but it turned out to be real bullets.

not quite accurate... read:

Quote:

Because the movie's second unit team were running behind schedule, it was decided that dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional, but contain no gunpowder) would be made from real cartridges. A cartridge with only a primer and a bullet was fired in the pistol prior to the scene. It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver, where it became stuck.

The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with blanks. However, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body. Although the bullet was traveling much more slowly than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the extremely short firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee.

Fly O.T. McWall 12-15-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Never really got into Batman. Probably because he's not a Superhero. He's just a dude in a suit.

which is what, IMO, makes him a better superhero. how can superman, morally-speaking, not be a superhero? he was born to be a superhero, what with being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, fly, all that stuff.

batman chose to be a superhero.

to me, that makes him a better hero. much more interesting from a character standpoint.

irishjayhawk 05-16-2008 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New one.

Easy 6 05-16-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4453804)

Yeah, i could see that framed & on my living room wall.

KcMizzou 05-17-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly O.T. McWall (Post 4454970)
which is what, IMO, makes him a better superhero. how can superman, morally-speaking, not be a superhero? he was born to be a superhero, what with being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, fly, all that stuff.

batman chose to be a superhero.

to me, that makes him a better hero. much more interesting from a character standpoint.

Meanwhile, Superman's basically a god. Only vulnerable to a substance that doesn't even exist on earth. Where's the fun in that?