ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Jedi: Fallen Order (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322317)

WhawhaWhat 11-21-2019 07:28 AM

How much DLC is there in this game?

Hammock Parties 11-21-2019 07:30 AM

Gravedigger 11-21-2019 09:32 AM

It just came out.

Gravedigger 11-21-2019 09:34 AM

There's something extremely satisfying about blocking at the right time to bounce a Stormtrooper's blaster bolt back at them and kill them in one hit.

Fish 11-21-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14611216)
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing

I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2019 11:12 AM

fish is lazy

Fish 11-21-2019 08:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/6gEjOpS.jpg

Imon Yourside 11-21-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14611808)
I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.

I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.

007 11-22-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14612823)
I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.

I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. ****ing HATED that game.

Imon Yourside 11-22-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14614139)
I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. ****ing HATED that game.

Some people love frustration simulators

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dH9w9VlyNO4?list=PL3tRBEVW0hiDIlX9BfVTVl_2aILJKmjsr" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 11-23-2019 07:35 PM

TBH im not a fan of dark souls at all. I might watch some twitch gameplay before deciding to spend my time on this.

WhawhaWhat 11-30-2019 09:03 AM

Wal-Mart has the Deluxe Edition on sale for $50 if anyone is wanting to pick up this game.

Link.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2020 09:08 PM

Finally sat down to play this.

HOLY ****ING SHIT.

The opening level with the goddamn sarlacc in the middle of an Imperial scrapyard...HOLY SHIT.

https://i.imgur.com/VhSMC4q.png

Simply Red 04-21-2020 02:03 AM

I'm about halfway through - it's okay - the funny, ironic part is its name, "Fallen Order' because the order of doing shit is awful. It's fun when you're not stuck.

Simply Red 04-21-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14611216)
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing

Though it's not exclusive to GS - Gamestop pimped it the most and rolled out bundles w/ bullshit like figure pins and Purge Trooper 6 inch figures.