ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Derrick Johnson Is Not Derrick Thomas... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115074)

Reaper16 04-24-2005 09:00 PM

Furthermore, you might as well have drafted Verne Troyer in the 2nd round. Not only was that guy a reach, but he's tiny. What, with him and Quinten Griffin, your Donks might have the shortest team in the league.

Actually, the AFC West might be the shortest divison, with Sproles and McCleon.

Logical 04-24-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
Yes I have a car. No I didnt buy it, my sister gave it to me. But I swear im to the point where i cant even stand my father anymore. At one time he used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, now he is no where near that anymore. He has failed miserably.

Stop pouting, it is pathetic.

Jenson71 04-24-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
Yes I have a car. No I didnt buy it, my sister gave it to me. But I swear im to the point where i cant even stand my father anymore. At one time he used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, now he is no where near that anymore. He has failed miserably.

Yeah, 15 years from now you'll realize that he was the greatest thing in the world, and he'll mean everything to you.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:03 PM

Roy, I'm betting you don't have insurance, or you may be on your father's insurance. In that case, I'd say your SOL.

Nice car, BTW.

http://www.asteroidbooty.com/images/child_car.jpg

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Yes and we destroyed you. You narrowly edged out a win in a game that was close in the 4th quarter.

34-24 a win is a win. Griffin rushed 23 times for 156 yards, a 6.8 ypc.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ

Yeah, it was the highlight of his career.

Coach 04-24-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Stop pouting, it is pathetic.

III, listen to Vlad. He's right. It's pathetic. There's no reason whatsoever that you should hate your dad, considering the fact that him and your mother have brought you to this world and to be part of his family. There were numberous of times where I got pissed off at my dad for several reasons, but I don't hate him. No matter how old you are, as long as your dad is still around, you will have no choice (other than that you run away, which I wouldn't advise it) but to respect him and his wishes, no matter what, even if you disagree.

Come on man, deal with it.

Logical 04-24-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Roy, I'm betting you don't have insurance, or you may be on your father's insurance. In that case, I'd say your SOL.

Nice car, BTW.

http://www.asteroidbooty.com/images/child_car.jpg

ROFL

Bwana 04-24-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

You think he will put up those numbers this year when we play you?

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
Here come the true colors. I realize you're coming over to our board, trying to make nice, pointing out your perception of our flaws hoping to make you feel better about your team.

I hate to bumb YOU out, but your defensive line filled with Browns rejects is worse than our line. Our upgrade at LB and in the secondary puts our defense on par with yours (if not better when it's said and done). And then should I move to the offensive side of the ball and special teams? Um, yeah, didn't think so. I read the Bronco boards, and everyone over there is bumbed out about the Chiefs off-season. We have every right to be ecstatic about the upgrades, but they haven't done it on the field yet. Your "insight" probably isn't going to enlighten a board full of fans who probably know a bit more about our team's strengths and weaknesses than you.

What was KC's defensive ranking last year? What was the Broncos?

|Zach| 04-24-2005 09:07 PM

My dad says my eyes are brown because I am full of shit.

Heh.

I love that guy.

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
You think he will put up those numbers this year when we play you?

I don't even know if Q will make the team this year.

Gav Daddy 04-24-2005 09:07 PM

hmmmm.....

Quote:

...but I have a feeling King Carl and Gunther took Derrick II to bring back the leadership that Thomas provided the chefs when the chefs actually played defense.

Sorry to bum you all out, but Derrick Johnson is not gonna stop teams from running all over the chef's defense.

The chef's have made some nice moves to improve their defense (hell, any moves at all would be nice) but the chefs still have a mediocre to bad defensive line. Hicks, Simms, Jelly, Browning, Allen & company are not going to stop the run any better than they did last year. Khari Long is a mystery right now, so I won't comment on him.

Bell is a good LB, if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. So, the chefs will probably start DJ at LOLB, Bell at MLB and Barber at ROLB, which is respectable, IF Bell stays healthy and Johnson makes the transition to the speed and power of the NFL without losing a step. LB depth is a problem with the chefs. Grigsby will help provide depth, but he is an ILB. To me, this says that the chef's are still concerned about Bell's health.

Surtain will certainly improve the chefs secondary, but he is the only change that will immediately make an impact. Hodge will provide depth for the chefs, and that's nice. If Hodge steps in immediately, its more a reflection of how crappy the chefs secondary is, rather than how good Hodge is.

Congrats on taking Derrick the Second. Too bad he's gonna get run over by Mike Anderson.

what dj is, is the next donnie edwards.......only ahead of the curve.

this time they see his potential and value.

|Zach| 04-24-2005 09:08 PM

If I was a Broncos fan I would be talking about last year non stop as well. I would shudder thinking about this upcoming season.

stevieray 04-24-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merril Hoge
I agree. Derrick Thomas knew how to tackle.

ROFL

I feel honored that Merril wants to hang with the planet...talk about being bored.