ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFC West - 7 games left (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288250)

crazycoffey 11-11-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100670)
BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We're going to beat them at home.

Not a bad call, I think the team gained confidence in Denver earlier this year and discovered how to beat them. Man, I hope you're right.

TEX 11-11-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11102838)
They didn't overlook us. It was a MNF AFC matchup. Sorry you're butthurt you got stomped.

:clap: ROFL

Mile High Mania 11-11-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11103058)
Not a bad call, I think the team gained confidence in Denver earlier this year and discovered how to beat them. Man, I hope you're right.

Anything can happen @ Arrowhead. KC owned the clock in Denver, by most accounts - that should have worked and it kept them in the game late.

That was week 2.. Sanders is much more comfortable in that offense and the defense is much more comfortable with each other. Sure, they bend/break more than I care for, but the team now is much better than week 2.

And, KC is doing really well - KC and Denver are tied at 27 with turning the ball over on offense only 8 times through 9 games, that big. KC plays mistake free and if they can do that and control the clock, they can certainly win in KC.

CoMoChief 11-11-2014 11:10 AM

Chargers have a gauntlet of death to close out their season. I seriously doubt they'll make the playoffs.

It's going to be a 2-team race in the AFCW. Can't wait to attend that SNF game against Denver. Arrowhead is going to be rockin'.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11100681)
Denver @ St. Louis is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. Don't be surprised if the Rams play them close or even pull out a big upset.

Still feeling that way with the news that Fisher is going with Shaun Hill at QB?

Mother****erJones 11-13-2014 01:24 PM

Denver will roll St. Louis

ROFL ofcourse they get rolled. Good job St. Louis

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 01:31 PM

I think after this week, Denver will have a 2 game lead over KC and SD, tied at 6 wins. Presents the scenario below with 6 left...

Broncos (8-2 overall / 3-0 Div)
MIA
@KC
BUF
@SD
@CIN
OAK

Denver would have 8 wins and 3 "should win easy" games, putting them at 11 worst case.

Chiefs (6-4 overall / 1-1 Div)
@OAK
DEN
@AZ
OAK
@PIT
SD

KC would have 6 wins and 2 "should win easy" games, putting them at 8 worst case.

Chargers (6-4 overall / 1-2 Div)
STL
@BAL
NEP
DEN
@SF
@KC

SD would have 6 wins and 1 "should win easy" game, putting them at 7 worst case.

Obviously, KC has to beat Denver to have a chance at a divisional crown if the lose at home to SEA. Window for error is slim, really.

Mother****erJones 11-13-2014 01:42 PM

Our window is so slim. We need to win each and every week in order to have a slight chance at the division.

InChiefsHeaven 11-13-2014 02:41 PM

God, the idea of going 13-3 again makes me puke. I just hate that number...

I don't think we have to win out, but earlier someone said we need to win out at home. I agree, but that would mean beating Denver, Seattle, Raiders and Chargers. If we can do THAT...who the hell is gonna beat us, even on the road? Maybe the Cardinals...

I want to believe, and I think a wild card spot is a good bet. But it's gonna be a helluva ride...

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 11108090)
God, the idea of going 13-3 again makes me puke. I just hate that number...

I don't think we have to win out, but earlier someone said we need to win out at home. I agree, but that would mean beating Denver, Seattle, Raiders and Chargers. If we can do THAT...who the hell is gonna beat us, even on the road? Maybe the Cardinals...

I want to believe, and I think a wild card spot is a good bet. But it's gonna be a helluva ride...

Total wins don't concern me much anymore, win the division and get as many home games as you can... I've seen my team lose at home and on the road in the playoffs, I've seen them win big games at home and on the road. Whatever.

Direckshun 11-13-2014 03:04 PM

Our schedule is just brutal this year.

Our last seven games this year, other than two Oakland gimmes, are the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the Chargers.

I tell you what. If we end up in the playoffs this year, we'll be a legit challenge to anyone. That is a ****ing gauntlet.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11108123)
Our schedule is just brutal this year.

Our last seven games this year, other than two Oakland gimmes, are the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the Chargers.

I tell you what. If we end up in the playoffs this year, we'll be a legit challenge to anyone. That is a ****ing gauntlet.

Enh. KC got the #2 schedule, not much different than what Denver had... and Denver had the Colts, KC, Seattle, Arizona, (jets) and SanFran in the first 6 weeks ... and then SD and New England.

Randallflagg 11-13-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100670)
BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We're going to beat them at home.

In on that. I believe the Chiefs take them at home also. These damned division games are always a toss up.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 11108129)
In on that. I believe the Chiefs take them at home also. These damned division games are always a toss up.

I didn't realize until I looked it up... Denver has won the last 5 games vs KC, with KC's last win being the 7-3 thriller in Denver to close out the 2011 season vs Tebow.

This should be a good one, KC's gonna need those WRs...

Direckshun 11-13-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11108127)
Enh. KC got the #2 schedule, not much different than what Denver had... and Denver had the Colts, KC, Seattle, Arizona, (jets) and SanFran in the first 6 weeks ... and then SD and New England.

Not sure how this is a rebuttal to my point, but okay.

KC's schedule can't be tough... because Denver has it too?