ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2016-2017 NFL Coach/GM changes and hires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304876)

GloucesterChief 01-02-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12656277)
What do you think the trade price tag is for Sean Payton? I think Denver has to be considering it, but based on history... may be too much of an asking price.

I would ask for Miller and Wolfe plus late round draft picks.

MahiMike 01-02-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12656074)
Mike McCoy was a nice OC in Denver and I still think he got raw-dogged in San Diego a bit.

Wouldn't he be a very nice fit to replace Kubiak? That would actually worry me a bit; I think Mike McCoy can coach and if given even a mediocre situation (and Denver would be a nice place to end up), he can do some good things there.

Was going to post this as well. That team had 21 guys on IR. 21! And they were in every game.

I'm hoping he gets a call from Shad Khan.

Hoopsdoc 01-02-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12656198)
They may have lost the driver's seat to the Titans.

The Titans looked like a growing young squad that was flat out better than the Colts for parts of last season and with a top 5 pick and another in the top 20, they could be poised to take another big step forward.

The Titans look like they're headed in a positive direction. The Colts, OTOH, employ Ryan Grigson. The only advantage the Colts have on anybody on that division anywhere in that organization is Andrew Luck.

And when you'r worse everywhere else, I think it's difficult to claim dominion over the division. I don't think they'll get that traction back.

Sadly, as a Colts fan, I agree. The Titans are coming on fast.

I think the Jags actually may be better, simply because of all that talent they have. That defense is LOADED. It all depends on who they get as coach. If they got Coughlin, he'd have them in the playoffs in 2 years, max.

Houston has a lot of talent too, but they need a qb.

Mile High Mania 01-02-2017 01:24 PM

The Broncos have requested to speak with Kyle... yes, the son of Mike.

Tombstone RJ 01-02-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12656360)

Love it.

FloridaMan88 01-02-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12656360)

Didn't his father leave Denver on bad terms, i.e. being fired?

DJ's left nut 01-02-2017 01:31 PM

{shrug}

He's probably a good choice for them. Getting fired by the Browns is never a great thing to have on your resume but Belichick survived it alright...

I was never terribly impressed by him in Washington but that's just such a mess of an organization that you can't get much of a read on anything.

He's had a hell of a season this year in Atlanta and Ryan says great things about him. He didn't look so good as they were circling the drain in 2015 and he couldn't do anything to save 'em, but everybody has a blip or two.

I think he's a smart offensive mind who, like any new coach, would have to establish that he has the organizational and personnel management skills to sit in the big chair. The Donks are going to get a good coach one way or the other so his hiring wouldn't do much to move the needle for me either way. They're not going to hire Rich Kotite and who is a given to be a success? I think would be a solid hire and time will tell if it works out.

tk13 01-02-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 12656039)
I don't think Luck will ever be as good as Manning or Brady, which is the standard he's held too, but he's still a top 5 quarterback who's just entering his prime.

It's easy to forget now, but it took Manning 6 years to even win a playoff game.

Luck has already won multiple playoff games and been to the AFC title game. And he's done it without much on defense. The QBs who are successful early, Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Dak this year... all of them had elite top 5 defenses behind them. Not just some of them, all of them. Luck has been asked to basically carry that entire franchise. He's never had a top defense, and recently he's had a terrible offensive line. On top of that, a terrible GM who seems to hamstring the team every chance he gets. You give him the 2013 Seahawks defense, and watch what happens.

tk13 01-02-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12656211)
People act as if Luck didn't have any weapons or whatnot on offense either. Shit, they've spent an ass ton of resources for WR's, TE's and such. The ol sucked but alot of OL's suck.

Yeah, but that's understating it. They're an entirely different level of suck. There were multiple games this year where they played three rookies on the offensive line.

I'd have to go find the stat, but someone added it up a couple weeks ago. If I remember it right, Luck had started 68 games in the NFL, and had 35 different starting offensive lines.

-King- 01-02-2017 02:04 PM

Why is Sean Payton still considered a good coach? Not saying he's a bad one, but he's treading on Jeff Fisher territory with the 7-9 seasons lately. He had a good 4 year run but over his careers his team's have been more bad/average than they have been good.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 01-02-2017 02:05 PM

The Chargers have sought permission to interview Patriots DC Matt Patricia for their head-coaching vacancy.

It's Patricia's first-known interview request of 2017, but there will be more. The Rams are also believed to be interested. Patricia has done a bang-up job coordinating the Patriots' defense since 2012, but as is always the case in New England, it's tough to discern what Patricia deserves credit for, and what is simply Bill Belichick being a genius. Patricia would be a changeup from the timid, offensive-minded Mike McCoy.

FloridaMan88 01-02-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12656470)
The Chargers have sought permission to interview Patriots DC Matt Patricia for their head-coaching vacancy.

It's Patricia's first-known interview request of 2017, but there will be more. The Rams are also believed to be interested. Patricia has done a bang-up job coordinating the Patriots' defense since 2012, but as is always the case in New England, it's tough to discern what Patricia deserves credit for, and what is simply Bill Belichick being a genius. Patricia would be a changeup from the timid, offensive-minded Mike McCoy.

I'd make it a requirement for Patricia to shave that shit off of his face before hiring him.

NWTF 01-02-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Youd think by now teams would know its the Brady Belichick combo that keeps that machine going, but it seems every couple years teams cant resit taking a chance on one of their coordinators.

I dont know what kind of head coach Patricia would make, but I do know they wont miss a beat with whoever Belichick replaces him with.

Chiefshrink 01-02-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12655994)
McDaniels will find a new home and possibly do better the 2nd time around. Would be interesting to see him go to SF and trade for Jimmy G. Grab your popcorn.

You are damn fortunate Pioli beat McDaniels to the punch on that Cassel deal. Otherwise you would be saying Casshole in Denver.:D

Chiefshrink 01-02-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Suckers for the Bellichek disciples of which all have failed at HC positions so far.