ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Walter Football Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267000)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 9146108)
Difficult to mock for the Chiefs not knowing who the GM or coaching staff will be or what offensive and defensive systems will be used. Having said that, I like:

1. Geno Smitn, QB, West Virginia
2. Matt Elam, SS, Florida
3. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

from those players available in Walt's latest mock.

Are we moving Berry to FS?

notorious 11-24-2012 01:05 PM

We need to surround our current QB's with better talent.

gonefishin53 11-24-2012 01:19 PM

Maybe let the opposing QB worry about who is SS or FS pre snap. I think both are capable of playing either.

RippedmyFlesh 11-24-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145834)
I've said this before, but I think the biggest reason drops is timing.

QBs that deliver the ball on time have fewer drop issues with their receivers.

Even on completions when Bowe has to make a great play a better thrown ball hits him in stride and turns into a bigger play.
I agree it's timing they are throwing to a spot not a person.
But on deep balls it's having a great arm that allows you to put a nice touch on a 40 yarder. That is why Geno is the only option.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146110)
We need to surround our current QB's with better talent.

It's all on Bowe, really. No talent and likes to show off. Not "Right 53" material, that man.

TribalElder 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

"Geno to Bowe on a deep crossing pattern for a 80 yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage. Touchdown! Kan Saaas Citaayyy."

I wouldn't mind hearing Mitch say that next year

notorious 11-24-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146280)
It's all on Bowe, really. No talent and likes to show off. Not "Right 53" material, that man.

We need to just release Bowe since nobody will want to trade for a player with attitude problems.

Draft a RG at #1, trade back into the first by using next years 1st rounder to grab a CB.

We can use this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd to trade for a proven QB like Matt Moore or Matt Hasselbeck.

Baldwin will explode and McCluster will be unstoppable with a proven vet feeding them the ball.

Guaranteed playoff apperance.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146292)
We need to just release Bowe since nobody will want to trade for a player with attitude problems.

Draft a RG at #1, trade back into the first by using next years 1st rounder to grab a CB.

We can use this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd to trade for a proven QB like Matt Moore or Matt Hasselbeck.

Baldwin will explode and McCluster will be unstoppable with a proven vet feeding them the ball.

Guaranteed playoff apperance.

Dorsey needs to go as well. Pioli didn't draft him, so therefore he is not valid. Why can't our man T-Jack inspire him more? They played together at LSU after all. You know, what we REALLY need is more talent from Kirk Ferentz and possibly some more players from LSU.

notorious 11-24-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146298)
You know, what we REALLY need is more talent from Kirk Ferentz and possibly some more players from LSU.

We not only got lucky once with an excellent LSU Dlineman, but we found gold twice. Do you really think that we can hit once again?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146322)
We not only got lucky once with an excellent LSU Dlineman, but we found gold twice. Do you really think that we can hit once again?

The football gods definitely favor LSU and Iowa when it comes to picking talent, who are we to argue?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:57 PM

I'm confident that our NEXT 1st round 5-tec will be the one to help us clench the division and ride deep in to January.

KCrockaholic 11-26-2012 01:03 AM

After Geno, I would do just about anything possible to also get Tavon Austin. He's like a Percy Harvin clone that is about 2 inches shorter.

AussieChiefsFan 11-26-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9153035)
After Geno, I would do just about anything possible to also get Tavon Austin. He's like a Percy Harvin clone that is about 2 inches shorter.

And comes with chemistry!

htismaqe 11-26-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146334)
The football gods definitely favor LSU and Iowa when it comes to picking talent, who are we to argue?

Just because Scott Pioli is a ****ing dick, don't hate on the Hawkeyes! ;)

There's some decent offensive and defensive linemen in this league that came from Iowa...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-28-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9153268)
Just because Scott Pioli is a ****ing dick, don't hate on the Hawkeyes! ;)

There's some decent offensive and defensive linemen in this league that came from Iowa...

LMAO Aaaaaaaaaaaand bait...taken!