ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Shooting at TDKR Midnight Premiere in Aurora, CO. Multiple dead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598)

LOCOChief 07-20-2012 07:13 AM

I guess these guys don't believe in hell, they will soon but not soon enough.

bevischief 07-20-2012 07:17 AM

Here meet your cell mate big Been over Bob.

Rasputin 07-20-2012 07:18 AM

Prayers and thoughts go out to the victems and families.

This ****ing pisses me off that this stuff happens here in USA.

Predarat 07-20-2012 07:24 AM

So sad and tragic.

manchambo 07-20-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8754772)
In NC you cannot have a Concealed Carry at a place where admission is charged to get in, Don't know if it's similar there but 4 or 5 armed patrons could have possibly saved alot of lives and injuries...

That's just silly the guy had a vest, used tear gas grenades and powerful long guns. There would have been people running all over the place. If someone else started shooting they would have almost no chance of hitting him in a dark theater and wouldn't have stopped him even if they did given the vest. What they would have hit was innocent bystanders.

Garcia Bronco 07-20-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchambo (Post 8754880)
That's just silly the guy had a vest, used tear gas grenades and powerful long guns. There would have been people running all over the place. If someone else started shooting they would have almost no chance of hitting him in a dark theater and wouldn't have stopped him even if they did given the vest. What they would have hit was innocent bystanders.

I was thinking about this....you'd have to be as crazy as the shooter to pull it off and beat him without injuring someone else.

notorious 07-20-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Would people have been killed: yes. Would the damage done have been reduced: probably.

notorious 07-20-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8754883)
I was thinking about this....you'd have to be as crazy as the shooter to pull it off and beat him without injuring someone else.

At that point, things aren't going to get any worse. You would just be trying to buy time for people to get out.

jspchief 07-20-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8754840)
The wife and I are going to visit Denver here soon. Is this type of shit commonplace there?

Is this a serious question?

LOCOChief 07-20-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

So if you were in that situation you would've opted to not arm yourself?

Not sure if that works either.

Rasputin 07-20-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Even if he got hit in the chest with the vest on could have slowed the ****er down or knock him on his ass. I've never had the experience but am sure it hurts like a mother ****er. Maybe just maybe it still could have saved lives that way and subdued the mother ****er.

suds79 07-20-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 8754858)
I guess these guys don't believe in hell, they will soon but not soon enough.

Yep. I'm sure there will be buzz words out there like "Chemical imbalace" or "temporary insanity" (that's my favorite) that his defense team will use but make no mistake about it, sometimes there's just pure evil in this world and it sucks.

Sofa King 07-20-2012 07:46 AM

Son of a bitch.

Aries Walker 07-20-2012 07:48 AM

I think I'll pass on the idea of a half dozen armed theatergoers firing wildly into the smokey darkness in the hopes of hitting the better prepared and better equipped crazy guy. The correct response when someone opens fire is to run like mad, which they did.

I feel terrible for the victims.

Radar Chief 07-20-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8754883)

I don’t know about “silly” but this is a good point. Part of being a responsible CCW is not just being Johnny On-the-Spot but also knowing when not to shoot.
In this case you’ve got a motivated killer so you have to quickly come up with a plan. You can’t just pull your gat and let the lead fly, that’ll get even more killed.
I would think that if you’re in the line of fire just keep your head down and encourage everyone around you to do the same, but if you can approach from the killer’s blind side closing the distance quickly then put an end to it.