ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Cliff Alexander chooses KU...here's the live Illinois student reaction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278655)

Bowser 11-16-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10192111)
Is this like last week when frazod mentioned KU in our football thread and there were 2 or 3 posts about it, and then you went over and said half the posts were about KU?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10192126)
It's probably cooled off being that mizzou has a bball game tonight but earlier it was wild.

That means about 6-8 posts then. Ten posts would be OMG OFF THE CHAIN OBSESSING BUTTHURT status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10192153)
Ah, the classic MU butt-hurt.

Feels good. Feels real good.

I assure you no KU fan will give one shit about this kid's hat antics when he's crashing the boards and eating souls.

Shit, I thought it was hilarious. **** Illinois.

Anyong Bluth 11-16-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10192057)
Wow really? Mad dickish.

His high school teammates brought it up and urged him to do- not that it excuses a rather stupid move. I ? More why his buddies were so interested in having him do it when it's supposed to be their in state school?

Kind of an odd situation, as the kids is extremely introverted off the court, and if anyone else saw the rest of his segment on ESPN you could see he was freaked on being on tv- it looks like he's about to have a panic attack when they start asking a few questions and want him to talk from back in the studio.
That's why when I first saw it and how nervous he was I totally thought he was just fumbling around and grabbed the wrong hat. There are 3 videos out there of Illinois student reactions that each have their own insane comedic value

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10192160)
Very true... And more often than not they have overbearing parents who might not be helping as much as hurting. But I'm glad to see they've worked hard and are getting the chance to make such a choice.

While sports or the most celebrated, my kid is going through the same thing (albeit not full rides) on the academic side of the house, and it's fun to watch. That being said, I'm doing everything I can to support him in making a good decision for himself, his future, the college experience HE wants, and just calm down. He's no star athlete, but the pressure he's putting on himself is epic.

I intend on being the same parent. Fully supportive and hoping he or she makes the best decision for their future. As long as it isn't Missouri. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2013 04:41 PM

Dude got a good chunk of coin for that...no doubt. Illini just don't have the funds.

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10192181)
Dude got a good chunk of coin for that...no doubt. Illini just don't have the funds.

I hope Okafor and Jones refunded their deposit.

Anyong Bluth 11-16-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10192091)
So much butthurt, just as an FYI Baron Davis did that to KU. Oh and **** Baron Davis. :D

Baron Davis picked up the KU hat and then tossed it across the room.

I guess Roy caught up with him at some point and had him on the verge of tears. Soon after, Baron issued a formal apology in some sort of press release.

Fairplay 11-16-2013 04:44 PM

LMAO X 100 at the reaction that is priceless.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10192185)
Baron Davis picked up the KU hat and then tossed it across the room.

I guess Roy caught up with him at some point and had him on the verge of tears. Soon after, Baron issued a formal apology in some sort of press release.

Ok, now that is funny ROFL

Fairplay 11-16-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10191982)

KC native on the right perhaps?

Sure-Oz 11-16-2013 04:47 PM

LMAO so hilarious

oh **** ku

Frazod 11-16-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10192108)
It's amazing. Same thing happens on twitter. Go search Mizzou on twitter right now and half the results are discussing KU.

They level of obsession is near unfathomable.

Would that be like some beaker douche keeping tabs on what people say about Mizzou on twitter? LMAO

Eleazar 11-16-2013 04:55 PM

Really, I'm sure the kid and his friends thought it would be funny to troll people on TV. It was funny, actually.

He's a high schooler, and an athlete, and one that will probably be living a very comfortable life in a few years (weeks?) so him being immature and arrogant is not really a surprise.

KcMizzou 11-16-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10192213)
Would that be like some beaker douche keeping tabs on what people say about Mizzou on twitter? LMAO

9-1 top 10 football team.

K-who?

Prison Bitch 11-16-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10192030)
Looks like a prototypical Beaker. Wonder how much he cost?

Well hes a top ranked prospect with NBA written all over him so yeah, o course he's a prototypical recruit for Kansas.

Tribal Warfare 11-16-2013 04:59 PM

He reached over without looking and was like "oh shit, wrong hat"