ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life A Question About Giving up a kidney. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315441)

Marcellus 05-21-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13564126)
They pay people for plasma donations.:shrug:

Plasma is a renewable resource nor is it an organ, they have been paying people to do that forever.

You wont just grow another kidney.

Beef Supreme 05-21-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13564269)
Plasma is a renewable resource nor is it an organ, they have been paying people to do that forever.

You wont just grow another kidney.

Seems like it should be worth more then.

Flying High D 05-21-2018 03:47 PM

You can lose a lot of weight selling plasma.

Frazod 05-21-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13564176)
The donor doesn't pay a dollar.

It costs them nothing but a ****ING KIDNEY. If their other kidney later fails, do they get it back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13564210)
If your wife needed a transplant and you were a match, would you donate?

Yeah. But it would have to be somebody I cared about that much, and there aren't very many of them.

SAUTO 05-21-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13564117)
How very selfless of you.

I wish you the best. Totally.

But the doctors and such are making a killing off of it. The recipient is possibly making a non killing off of it.

Why shouldn't the person who doenst have a dog in the fight not get something out of it? Especially since they might need a back up some day .

SAUTO 05-21-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13564210)
If your wife needed a transplant and you were a match, would you donate?

every day .

I would risk my life for her any time. Some random? Im on to try to help on anything that's doesn't include knowing im losing body parts before the war even starts

Fire Me Boy! 05-21-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13564387)
I wish you the best. Totally.

But the doctors and such are making a killing off of it. The recipient is possibly making a non killing off of it.

Why shouldn't the person who doenst have a dog in the fight not get something out of it? Especially since they might need a back up some day .

Selling becomes a bigger issue. There are places on this planet where selling organs is perfectly legal, and trafficking is a major problem.

SAUTO 05-21-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13564397)
Selling becomes a bigger issue. There are places on this planet where selling organs is perfectly legal, and trafficking is a major problem.

Oh I understand. Totally.

But in your case I think it would help you tremendously

Rain Man 05-21-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13564397)

Is it legal to sell your own organs, those of a deceased person, or just random organs that you, um, find?

The second case is the most interesting to me. Is there a country where a relative dies and the family sells all of the organs as an inheritance? I'm genuinely curious.

Fire Me Boy! 05-21-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13564475)
Is it legal to sell your own organs, those of a deceased person, or just random organs that you, um, find?

The second case is the most interesting to me. Is there a country where a relative dies and the family sells all of the organs as an inheritance? I'm genuinely curious.

I haven’t heard of that. More of a problem is people taking homeless people or people in dire straits financially and offering them a “cut” of the money they get.

BigBeauford 05-21-2018 06:49 PM

I'll give one up for Richie Incognito if he'll play for us.

Marcellus 05-21-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13564491)
I'll give one up for Richie Incognito if he'll play for us.

Thats an impressively dumb post no matter which angle you look at it.

BucEyedPea 05-21-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13564348)
It costs them nothing but a ****ING KIDNEY. If their other kidney later fails, do they get it back?

I was wondering what happens if your kidney has stones in it?

BigRichard 05-22-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13561943)
I worked with a guy who gave his brother a kidney. He said the complications and the medication you have to take for the rest of your life is a hassle.

Donors do not need to take medications after donating besides some possible pain meds immediately following. Recipients will need to but not donors.

https://www.kidneyregistry.org/livin...s.php?cookie=1

ClevelandBronco 05-22-2018 07:14 AM

I think if I were ever to entertain the notion, I’d want a clause in the agreement: If the recipient’s body were to “reject” the kidney, I’d want the option to get it back at no cost. Call it a right of second refusal. I’d also want no-cost counseling for the kidney so it could learn strategies for coping with rejection.