ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Crying kids at restaurants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315557)

srvy 05-27-2018 11:27 AM

I always enjoy a breakfast out with a little child abuse at the next table. Doing something about it involve a little smacking around? As lonewolf said not much doing about it with a 1 to 3 yo they wont understand. Its a pretty big expense to walk out with a family of 5 to 7. You take your kids so the learn to eat out and cross your fingers they dont erupt into monsters.

I have seen so many times at Mass parents taking a young child with a tantrum out in the lobby only to bring back and it start right back up. Our Church has 2 quiet rooms with windows and the sermon piped in through speakers usually unused. I just wonder what this do something is? I think every parent would like to have that magic.

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13571289)
Damn, Krusty... You're almost as old as Milkdud

Yep. It sucks, but beats the alternative. :D

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571287)
These days the story would have gone viral... the stranger would have been painted as a terrorist, with mom describing "a truly terrifying situation"... the country would split into #TeamMom and #TeamStranger and it's the only thing you'd hear about until the next shiny story came along.

LMAO

Sad but true.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13571251)
Why's that?

She hates having to put life on hold because our daughter wants to act like an asshole. I get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571264)
Does she cry and throw a tantrum?

She can sometimes.

Bearcat 05-27-2018 11:36 AM

I've been out with my sister and ~3 year old niece when my niece was in a particularly bad mood.... my sister would take her outside or to the restroom, sometimes multiple times before my niece would quit making a scene.

In other words, she'd do what parents should, and at least make some kind of effort, instead of thinking it was cute, as described in the OP. And if your kids are consistently creating scenes in a situation like that, get it to go or figure out something... you know, be responsible for your own kids.

srvy 05-27-2018 11:38 AM

The old my kids were always angels but others no so much.

threebag 05-27-2018 11:45 AM

I have been lucky... I can snap my fingers or use "the Stare" those always do the trick. If they fail we leave from wherever we are, go straight home and whoop ass

Hammock Parties 05-27-2018 11:54 AM

Big Biscuit? LMAO

When you go to second-rate establishments, expect second-rate experience.

ChiliConCarnage 05-27-2018 11:55 AM

What did you have? Was it good?

Little kids always suck if they aren't yours.. at least in public situations.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-27-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571229)
Between all the idiot parents and idiot pet owners who don't respect the fact that other people might not want to listen to your crying kid or barking dogs, it's a small miracle when you can leave your house (even if it's just to sit outside next to your house) and have some goddamned peace and quiet.

Dogs in public places are out of control.

patteeu 05-27-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571277)
A place called Big Bisqit has crying kids? Be glad there aren’t farm animals giving birth.

LMAO

lewdog 05-27-2018 12:15 PM

You know what’s worse than loud kids?

Crotchety, old men eating alone at restaurants. Really pretty disturbing.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571296)
I've been out with my sister and ~3 year old niece when my niece was in a particularly bad mood.... my sister would take her outside or to the restroom, sometimes multiple times before my niece would quit making a scene.

In other words, she'd do what parents should, and at least make some kind of effort, instead of thinking it was cute, as described in the OP. And if your kids are consistently creating scenes in a situation like that, get it to go or figure out something... you know, be responsible for your own kids.

Would your sister have left the table to discipline a child and leave 4 other children under the age of 7 at the table alone?

TLO 05-27-2018 12:19 PM

This thread is going well

KCUnited 05-27-2018 12:29 PM

If you're by yourself with 5 kids, you hit the drive-thru. No one anywhere wants anything to do with that mess.

But yeah, bars, breweries, and ethnic places Tristan and Dakota feel is too unsafe for their kids and labradoodle is a safe choice for kid-free meals. High-end just means bigger strollers to have to navigate through here.