ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science RIP Stephen Hawking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314406)

Baby Lee 03-14-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13467917)
Fitting that he died on Pi day.

In celebration, one of the more interesting meditations on the interplay between transcendentals, physics and geometry I've seen in a while.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-o3eB9sfls" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme 03-14-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13467969)
RIP

Did he have any last words?

hhhhnunnnnnnnnnggggghhhh.

srvy 03-14-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13468045)
I think these three quotes sum up the basics of life pretty well. RIP, Mr. Hawking.

Agree 2&3 but 1 not so much. How you gonna look at stars in daytime stare at the sun? Also most of his life he didnt have to worry about steppin in the dog shit.

carcosa 03-14-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13467856)
He was arrogant.

People who think they're intelligent, but don't believe in God, yet want to know the "secrets of the universe" are simply arrogant.

Not trying to speak ill of the dead, I know a lot of you respected him, and I'm not trying to slight his accomolishments or how he adapted to his condition, but it's not like he had some intuitive understanding of the universe - it was forced. Stilted.

Wrong, at least for me. If it works for you, more power to you.

lol

Barret 03-14-2018 09:13 AM

Is this too soon? I bet it was those MIT Punks getting revenge!!!

Spoiler!

OmahaChief 03-14-2018 09:44 AM

Never paid much attention to the guy mainly because I had zero interest in him. I see a lot of people talking about how brilliant he was. Has any of his theories ever really been proven or are they just theories?

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 13468275)
Never paid much attention to the guy mainly because I had zero interest in him. I see a lot of people talking about how brilliant he was. Has any of his theories ever really been proven or are they just theories?

yes, a black hole is not really a black hole. It does emit stuff.

It’s going to help us understand Dark Matter which we can’t see but know it exists.

luv 03-14-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13468127)
Agree 2&3 but 1 not so much. How you gonna look at stars in daytime stare at the sun? Also most of his life he didnt have to worry about steppin in the dog shit.

I'm just gonna assume that you're intentionally being a butthole, and that you're not really that ignorant. :)

Spott 03-14-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

He was arrogant.

People who think they're intelligent, but don't believe in God, yet want to know the "secrets of the universe" are simply arrogant.

Not trying to speak ill of the dead, I know a lot of you respected him, and I'm not trying to slight his accomolishments or how he adapted to his condition, but it's not like he had some intuitive understanding of the universe - it was forced. Stilted.

It’s definitely the Christian thing to do to insult a guy that’s been living with a terrible disease the day after he dies just because he had different religious beliefs than you.

carcosa 03-14-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 13468275)

He proved that Jesus invented dinosaurs

ptlyon 03-14-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13468383)
It’s definitely the Christian thing to do to insult a guy that’s been living with a terrible disease the day after he dies just because he had different religious beliefs than you.

It is on Chiefsplanet

Clyde Frog 03-14-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Chief Roundup 03-14-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13467701)
Sucks that he died believing the earth is more than 600 years old

What kind of dumb shit post is this?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

stumppy 03-14-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

:clap:

GayFrogs 03-14-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

He was arrogant.

A religious fellow once told me "christians are the worst thing for christianity". Example eleventy billion. The worst thing is you pretending to not insult him, "not trying to insult the dead, i know some of you respected him". Well you insulted him. Stop pretending you have respect for the dead.