ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Bowser 08-28-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7856563)
Hadn't seen this posted. Long, sad story of Ric Flair & his financial troubles.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tler-real-life

What an absolute train wreck that guy is.

Swanman 08-29-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7856563)
Hadn't seen this posted. Long, sad story of Ric Flair & his financial troubles.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tler-real-life

Flair came to an ROH show in Chicago a couple years back and you could smell booze on him from half a mile away. On the other hand, when Bret Hart showed up he was the model of professionalism.

Ultra Peanut 08-29-2011 07:03 PM

HAITCH STARTING THE SHOW OMG DRAMA

Ultra Peanut 08-29-2011 07:08 PM

Okay, for all of this angle's disappointments it's awesomely bizarre to see Punk in the ring as THAT MUSIC hits.

Oh god, Nash seems even worse this week.

58kcfan89 08-29-2011 07:17 PM

Wait, so is the brand extension over or is this a part time thing?

I know the Smackdown tomorrow in Wichita is live & a supershow, they've been advertising Raw guys for awhile. Anyway, I'm suddenly excited for a Smackdown show....

Ultra Peanut 08-29-2011 07:22 PM

ffffffffffffff, that was horrible.

And yeah, I'm confused on whether the brand merger thing is permanent or for this week only, too.

58kcfan89 08-29-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 7861648)
ffffffffffffff, that was horrible.

And yeah, I'm confused on whether the brand merger thing is permanent or for this week only, too.

Yeah, I definitely think Punk needs to tone it down a bit. I'm all about giving him mic time all the time, but I can see him getting unlikeable, especially to the Little Jimmies, if he keeps up with stuff like that.

Oh well, I'm still gunna mark like a bitch for him tomorrow.

keg in kc 08-29-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7861637)
Wait, so is the brand extension over or is this a part time thing?

I know the Smackdown tomorrow in Wichita is live & a supershow, they've been advertising Raw guys for awhile. Anyway, I'm suddenly excited for a Smackdown show....

My guess is that's the point. Word is they're wanting very badly to move off of Fridays.

The bland split (actual typo, why change it? LMAO) should have ended years ago anyway. It's silly to have two shows and act like they're completely different products.

Killing the 2nd world title (or unifying them) would I think be a good thing, too. I remember when it used to matter who the champion was. The dark ages back before two titles that each change every week.

Ultra Peanut 08-29-2011 07:45 PM

Unifying the titles would be such a sweet relief. As it is, it's hard to even take Cena seriously as THE GUY in kayfabe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7861664)
Yeah, I definitely think Punk needs to tone it down a bit. I'm all about giving him mic time all the time, but I can see him getting unlikeable, especially to the Little Jimmies, if he keeps up with stuff like that.

Yeah, that was another facet of the terribleness of that segment, in addition to the uninspired direction and sheer predictability of the angle in general.

It didn't help that the crowd popped for ALL of them, which was confusing, but with Nash and HHH getting positive comments Punk needs more than outright dickishness to garner a big response.

Also, I love that Del Rio's a total nothing so far. Unbelievably pathetic way to book a champion.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-29-2011 07:58 PM

This has been a terrible RAW...even with both parties participating. Matches have been lackluster...

58kcfan89 08-29-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7861733)
This has been a terrible RAW...even with both parties participating. Matches have been lackluster...

Crowd sucks (honestly, probably won't be any better tomorrow night) and the show just feels likes a fustercluck. Too many guys from SD randomly getting involved with Raw guys and the Punk-Miz match seemed hella random.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-29-2011 08:42 PM

Pretty late in the show for a fluff match. Best be a wardrobe malfunction...

Mosbonian 08-29-2011 09:02 PM

Reaper.....how do you feel about how they have handled Punk tonight?

I'm still of the mind that Kevin Nash will find some way to try and bury Punk.

58kcfan89 08-29-2011 09:07 PM

LMFAO, someone's got a sign that says "ADD TO THE 5 MOVES OF DOOM" on one side and "INCREASE WORK RATE" on the other. LMAO

58kcfan89 08-29-2011 09:10 PM

Punk vs. HHH at Night of ****ing champions?
:facepalm:

**** you, WWE.