ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

KC_Connection 06-29-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9782987)
They are talking about Adams being a project. If he isnt good enough to take minutes from Perkins and Thabeet then **** me. They really need to start letting these young guys go or start making some moves for people who are ready. JFC

Presti needs to stop drafting like a team rebuilding. Its ****ing go time!

Don't see him being good enough to even take minutes from those guys right now, not that Brooks would even give him minutes over Perkins even if he was.

KC_Connection 06-29-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9783082)
Jordan left because his father was murdered. I think this entire argument is a waste of time. You can't possibly compare his situation to anything else.

Most LeBron/MJ discussions are.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-29-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9783082)
Jordan left because his father was murdered. I think this entire argument is a waste of time. You can't possibly compare his situation to anything else.

Nah. He was gambling on NBA games. It was handled in a way to protect the league

BlackHelicopters 06-29-2013 07:00 AM

Jordan was, and still is, a degenerate gambler.

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9783071)
I have no problem with what Jordan did. If he felt he had done everything he wanted to do in basketball, who am I to judge him? It's his life. But he did leave his team and the sport in his prime...that's obvious.

Bullshit and you know it.

If LeBron would have retired after Cleveland, yes, people would throw a shit fit. If he retired after the first championship, same deal. If he won another championship next year, people would "care" in that they'd be surprised. Of course. But nobody would call him a quitter. Few people called MJ a quitter either. A quitter is someone who couldn't get the job done and gives up.

I don't like LeBron. You know that. But I would NOT look down on him if he retired today because he at least finished what he started in Miami. Though... if there is a reason why people would look at it differently, it's because some would want to see if he can turn a bad team around vs. building his own empire.

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9783090)
That's true.

Only issue I took was when zilla said no one outside of Miami would care
Posted via Mobile Device

You're taking my comment way too literally.

-King- 06-29-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9783190)
Nah. He was gambling on NBA games. It was handled in a way to protect the league

What? Where'd you hear that BS from?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9783211)
What? Where'd you hear that BS from?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a conspiracy theory. But it's not a bad one.

In "Jordan Rides the Bus" on 30-for-30, he claims he retired to try out baseball in honor of his Dad. But it's a pretty big coincidence that accusations of his gambling habit happened right before he left the game.

DaKCMan AP 06-29-2013 08:15 AM

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 16h
Continuing Heat's pattern of sacrifice, Ray Allen bypasses opt out, will stay with Heat for less than he could have. http://bit.ly/19IDVd4

Ray Allen agent Jim Tanner confirms to Sun Sentinel that Allen has opted in for next season, the last year on his deal, calls for $3.2M.

:rockon:

Hammock Parties 06-29-2013 01:57 PM

Mavs trying to get Rondo!

The Bad Guy 06-29-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9783091)
I see him going to Clippers if he stays in LA though, because of all the drama with Kobe.

What drama with Kobe? Because Kobe won't kiss his ass?

****ing please.

Dwight Howard isn't going to the Clippers unless the Clippers can brainwash the Lakers into taking contracts and punting their idea of a wide open 2014.

Titty Meat 06-30-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9783748)
What drama with Kobe? Because Kobe won't kiss his ass?

****ing please.

Dwight Howard isn't going to the Clippers unless the Clippers can brainwash the Lakers into taking contracts and punting their idea of a wide open 2014.

I'd take Griffin for him.

Titty Meat 06-30-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9783243)
Continuing Heat's pattern of sacrifice, Ray Allen bypasses opt out, will stay with Heat for less than he could have. http://bit.ly/19IDVd4

Ray Allen agent Jim Tanner confirms to Sun Sentinel that Allen has opted in for next season, the last year on his deal, calls for $3.2M.

:rockon:

Dakc you like this move? I see Allen hitting the wall.

DaKCMan AP 06-30-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9784438)
Dakc you like this move? I see Allen hitting the wall.

Love this move. Without Allen there's no game 7. He's the most prepared player on the team and one of the best conditioned guys in the league. The guy's work ethic is insane. Yeah, he's old. Yeah, he constantly gets beat off the dribble. But he can shoot. He's still got game.

The Bad Guy 06-30-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9784437)
I'd take Griffin for him.

I would too but the Clippers aren't offering that.