ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9817248)
I think they were like 8th in Sagarin last year, behind even the A-10. SEC hoops is a complete embarrassment.

Is that the same computer system you used to show that Big 12 football was better than the SEC shortly before the bowls started and best the Big 12 had to offer was reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes?

I feel like that's the same computer system.

Prison Bitch 07-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9817266)
Is that the same computer system you used to show that Big 12 football was better than the SEC shortly before the bowls started and best the Big 12 had to offer was reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes?

Well, of course the system is going to reward the Big 12 for having 9/10 teams go to bowls. I believe Sagarin showed the SEC had better teams at the top but more dregs at the bottom weighing them down - like Kentucky and Mizzou.

kchero 07-17-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9817248)
I think they were like 8th in Sagarin last year, behind even the A-10. SEC hoops is a complete embarrassment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9817258)
When your flagship school loses to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT you're having a tough go at it, that's for sure.

:facepalm:

Bambi 07-17-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9817266)

Ashes? 90% of the conference went to bowls and finished with a 4-5 record.

By comparison the SEC was 6-3 in bowls but only had 64% of it's conference represented.

Strange definition of "ashes"...

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9817268)
Well, of course the system is going to reward the Big 12 for having 9/10 teams go to bowls. I believe Sagarin showed the SEC had better teams at the top but more dregs at the bottom weighing them down - like Kentucky and Mizzou.

That's interesting because those two "dregs" won as many games as the bottom two teams in the Big 12 despite playing a conference with 5 of the top 10 teams in the country whereas the Big 12 had no top 10 teams.

Bambi 07-17-2013 08:21 AM

Grown men surrounding and hanging on ever word of a 20 year old. Can the SEC get any more pathetic and creepy?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPYbcfECcAAT-as.jpg:large

Bambi 07-17-2013 08:22 AM

more

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPYazwTCQAARxUw.jpg:large

Prison Bitch 07-17-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9817289)
Grown men surrounding and hanging on ever word of a 20 year old. Can the SEC get any more pathetic and creepy?

I wouldn't speak too fast. You *are* aware of the coverage that is going to be following Andrew this year.

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9817277)
Ashes? 90% of the conference went to bowls and finished with a 4-5 record.

By comparison the SEC was 6-3 in bowls but only had 64% of it's conference represented.

Strange definition of "ashes"...

I'm pretty sure that the best the Big 12 had to offer went 0-2 in bowl games losing by a combined score of 76-30. (I don't consider a 6-7, 3-6 Iowa State team to be part of the best the conference has to offer...even in a mediocre conference like the Big 12.)

If you want to argue that the Big 12 has assembled the largest collection of mediocrity, I won't disagree. After all, 60% of the conference had between 5 and 7 losses. Congratulations on the Meineke Car Care Bowl triumph over the Golden Gophers.

Is that the signature win for the conference? I'm struggling to find an impressive out of conference win. It seems to me that every top team the Big 12 lined up against absolutely trucked them (Notre Dame at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State at Arizona, K-State vs Oregon, aTm vs Oklahoma).

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9817289)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPYbcfECcAAT-as.jpg:large

So...you're shocked that members of the media are at SEC media day? That's the best you've got?

Bambi 07-17-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9817304)
I'm pretty sure that the best the Big 12 had to offer went 0-2 in bowl games losing by a combined score of 76-30. (I don't consider a 6-7, 3-6 Iowa State team to be part of the best the conference has to offer...even in a mediocre conference like the Big 12.)

If you want to argue that the Big 12 has assembled the largest collection of mediocrity, I won't disagree. After all, 60% of the conference had between 5 and 7 losses. Congratulations on the Meineke Car Care Bowl triumph over the Golden Gophers.

Is that the signature win for the conference? I'm struggling to find an impressive out of conference win. It seems to me that every top team the Big 12 lined up against absolutely trucked them (Notre Dame at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State at Arizona, K-State vs Oregon, aTm vs Oklahoma).

A down year and 90% of the teams go to bowl games. It's almost unfathomable.

Bambi 07-17-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9817307)
So...you're shocked that members of the media are at SEC media day? That's the best you've got?

I don't "got" anything. It's just creepy.

Prison Bitch 07-17-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9817304)
If you want to argue that the Big 12 has assembled the largest collection of mediocrity, I won't disagree.

I don't know what Bambi is arguing, I just let Sagarin do the arguing. He knows more than Bambi or you do. His system will tell us what conferences and what teams are best. I'm sorry you are weighing down the SEC with the other doormats. Slive will fix it i'm sure.

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9817313)
I don't "got" anything. It's just creepy.

So you...the guy with a picture of a college kid in your avatar and a quote from another college kid in your signature...don't expect to see media members at the Big 12 media day?

Saul Good 07-17-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9817314)
I don't know what Bambi is arguing, I just let Sagarin do the arguing. He knows more than Bambi or you do. His system will tell us what conferences and what teams are best. I'm sorry you are weighing down the SEC with the other doormats. Slive will fix it i'm sure.

Sagarin didn't tell us who was the best. The scoreboard did.