ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 06-21-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693461)
Are you really trying to compare the highest rated national championship games in history to a regular season game?

Not at all. We were discussing the biggest of the biggest games and now we've proven that the SEC doesn't belong in that group.

You go touting the SEC on CBS as a big game...which yes we all agree it was. But it's on CBS, guess what? CBS only broadcasts SEC games.

herp derp, try again

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693441)
Texas drew a whopping 3.1 share for their bowl game. Notre Dame drew a 3.8.

The rematch got a 16.2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693461)
Are you really trying to compare the highest rated national championship games in history to a regular season game?

LMAO As if comparing to some rinky-dink meaningless bowl is better.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693473)
Not at all. We were discussing the biggest of the biggest games and now we've proven that the SEC doesn't belong in that group.

You go touting the SEC on CBS as a big game...which yes we all agree it was. But it's on CBS, guess what? CBS only broadcasts SEC games.

herp derp, try again

That wasn't limited to CBS. It was across all networks.

The four most watched college football games of any kind on any network last year did not contain a single team outside the SEC.

Most watched regular season game? SEC
Most watched conference championship game? SEC
Most watched BCS bowl? SEC
Most watched non-BCS bowl? SEC
Most watched network game? SEC
Most watched cable game? SEC

Does that about cover it?

Saul Good 06-21-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693474)

It's not my fault that the teams you said would be the best possible matchup played in shitty bowls.

Bambi 06-21-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693484)
That wasn't limited to CBS. It was across all networks.

The four most watched college football games of any kind on any network last year did not contain a single team outside the SEC.

Most watched regular season game? SEC
Most watched conference championship game? SEC
Most watched BCS bowl? SEC
Most watched non-BCS bowl? SEC
Most watched network game? SEC
Most watched cable game? SEC

Does that about cover it?

The year Championship Game ratings were an all time low the SEC was involved in all the highest rated games.

Yes, I think we all got it.

Bambi 06-21-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693474)

We've seen what you get when college football is all SEC.

Worst ratings ever.

I'm not getting why this isn't crystal clear.

The SEC teams are good and on a roll right now no doubt, but they don't compare when it comes to ratings potential with the likes on USC, UT, Notre Dame, etc.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693497)

Worst ratings ever.

The SEC teams are good and on a roll right now no doubt, but they don't compare when it comes to ratings potential with the likes on USC, UT, Notre Dame, etc.

Tell those teams to get better, then.

Setsuna 06-21-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Worst ratings ever.

ROFLROFLROFL I know you didn't name Notre Dame. GTFO fool.

Pitt Gorilla 06-21-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Worst ratings ever.

Other conferences should try competing in football. They don't, but they probably should.

|Zach| 06-22-2012 05:51 AM

Texas Tech's Sept. 8 road game against Texas State may be broadcast on the Longhorn Network, an athletic department source with direct knowledge of the situation told RRS.com's Chris Level and Aaron Dickens on Thursday.

ESPN announced earlier this month that the game would be carried on one of its platforms, but did not specify which.

Tech learned of this possibility several days ago, and according to the source, is "adamantly opposed to playing on the Longhorn Network" and is "putting serious consideration into canceling the game and playing an 11 game schedule" this fall.

"We are extremely disappointed," the source told RRS. "Our hope is that the Texas State game will be played on a primary ESPN platform."
http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=1377831

Saul Good 06-22-2012 06:09 AM

I've never even heard of anything like this. How is that even possible?

eazyb81 06-22-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8694843)
Texas Tech's Sept. 8 road game against Texas State may be broadcast on the Longhorn Network, an athletic department source with direct knowledge of the situation told RRS.com's Chris Level and Aaron Dickens on Thursday.

ESPN announced earlier this month that the game would be carried on one of its platforms, but did not specify which.

Tech learned of this possibility several days ago, and according to the source, is "adamantly opposed to playing on the Longhorn Network" and is "putting serious consideration into canceling the game and playing an 11 game schedule" this fall.

"We are extremely disappointed," the source told RRS. "Our hope is that the Texas State game will be played on a primary ESPN platform."

Big 12 is stable!!!

All is well!!!

Codered 06-22-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8694862)
Big 12 is stable!!!

All is well!!!

With Notre Dame going to be running track with the Big 12 ... The Big 12 is ready to be the top conference!

eazyb81 06-22-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8694849)
I've never even heard of anything like this. How is that even possible?

Last year the WAC recognized LHN as an official ESPN platform after the network agreed to air all of UTSA's home games.

I imagine Tech didn't even know this was a possibility when they originally signed the contract.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:36 AM

They'll (Tech) just cancel the game, in which case Texas State or whatever will fold because the payout would be too much to lose. I can't see the LHN looking to air Texas State vs some random school.

ArrowheadHawk 06-22-2012 07:38 AM

I see Mizzou still can't quit the big 12.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8694862)
Big 12 is stable!!!

All is well!!!

So when Texas gets its way it's "Texas is the overlord".

When the teams have rational discussion about the proper way to proceed with the conference (tourney locations, airing high school games, broadcasting opponent games on team networks) it's "The Big 12 is falling apart".

Please, pick one. It's getting tiring.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8694907)

Well having CBS laugh out loud at the notion that Mizzou actually ever be broadcast on their network some in the fan base may get a little separation anxiety.

eazyb81 06-22-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694904)
They'll (Tech) just cancel the game, in which case Texas State or whatever will fold because the payout would be too much to lose. I can't see the LHN looking to air Texas State vs some random school.

I bet ku will step in and take Tech's spot on LHN.

|Zach| 06-22-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8694907)

I see Arrowheadhawk adds nothing to any thread as usual.

eazyb81 06-22-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694909)
Well having CBS laugh out loud at the notion that Mizzou actually ever be broadcast on their network some in the fan base may get a little separation anxiety.

It really doesn't matter how we get paid - CBS, ESPN, SEC Network.

All that matters is that Mizzou and the rest of the SEC will make more money than ku every single year from this point forward.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8694911)
I bet ku will step in and take Tech's spot on LHN.

As far as I know Kansas has no problem playing on the LHN. KU and UT have been partners since the beginning of the conference and both schools have benefited with millions of dollars and championships because of it.

I'm sorry your school hasn't experienced the same.

What can you do.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8694914)
It really doesn't matter how we get paid - CBS, ESPN, SEC Network.

All that matters is that Mizzou and the rest of the SEC will make more money than ku every single year from this point forward.

I don't care about money. I care about trophies.

That's what is different between people like me and you.

kepp 06-22-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694915)
As far as I know Kansas has no problem playing on the LHN. KU and UT have been life partners since the beginning of the conference and both schools have benefited with millions of dollars and championships because of it.

What can you do.

FYP

eazyb81 06-22-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694916)
I don't care about money. I care about trophies.

That's what is different between people like me and you.

Then why did you bring up CBS? That has nothing to do with trophies.

It can't be that you like to change the subject once you get bitch slapped. It must be some other reason.

Bambi 06-22-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8694924)
Then why did you bring up CBS? That has nothing to do with trophies.

It can't be that you like to change the subject once you get bitch slapped. It must be some other reason.

Arrowhead asked why you couldn't quit the Big 12. I brought up the theory of separation anxiety after being laughed at by your conferences network.

I'm not understanding your misunderstanding.

Saul Good 06-22-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694928)
Arrowhead asked why you couldn't quit the Big 12. I brought up the theory of separation anxiety after being laughed at by your conferences network.

I'm not understanding your misunderstanding.

He didn't ask anything. He made a statement that we can't quit the Big 12. I'll grant you that it was a stupid statement given the fact that Mizzou is currently a member of the Big 12.

Saul Good 06-22-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693311)
Well lets just end this argument. Alabama is one coaching hire away from the Mike Shula years..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...aluable-teams/

So you're saying that if Alabama makes a bad coaching hire, they could turn into Texas or Notre Dame?

BigCatDaddy 06-22-2012 09:00 AM

The butthurt going back and forth like a tennis ball in this thread is hilarious. Mizzu hopped in the dingy to get off the sinking ship laughing and giving the middle finger to the rest of the guys on the ship that were yelling and cussing them out. Now out of no where the Swedish swimsuit team comes by and rescues the guys on the sinking ship while the guys in the dingy slam down their hats in discuss.

If everyone is going to be honest about it, it actually appears MU and A&M will be better off for the move as will the Big 12. It's probably a win/win in the long run.

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694915)
As far as I know Kansas has no problem playing on the LHN. KU and UT have been partners since the beginning of the conference and both schools have benefited with millions of dollars and championships because of it.

What can you do.

I suppose I'm confused, but what football championship has KU won because of a partnership with UT?

Bambi 06-22-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8694987)
So you're saying that if Alabama makes a bad coaching hire, they could turn into Texas or Notre Dame?

Ummm no? Alabama is riding a tremendous high right now and they don't even come close in value or popularity to UT and Notre Dame. None of the S.E.C schools do. That's what I'm saying.

Saul Good 06-22-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8694996)
The butthurt going back and forth like a tennis ball in this thread is hilarious. Mizzu hopped in the dingy to get off the sinking ship laughing and giving the middle finger to the rest of the guys on the ship that were yelling and cussing them out. Now out of no where the Swedish swimsuit team comes by and rescues the guys on the sinking ship while the guys in the dingy slam down their hats in discuss.

If everyone is going to be honest about it, it actually appears MU and A&M will be better off for the move as will the Big 12. It's probably a win/win in the long run.

Notre Dame olympic sports possibly joining the conference is the Swedish bikini team in your eyes? It's funny. I had never seen anyone say a single good thing about the Big East's arrangement or the cache of Notre Dame olympic sports until the rumors of this arrangement with the Big 12 started swirling. Suddenly, I'm supposed to believe that this is some sweet deal?

Bambi 06-22-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8694999)
I suppose I'm confused, but what football championship has KU won because of a partnership with UT?

KU hasn't won any football titles yet, but they have won the bball title since being partnered with UT. The partnership has lead KU to being one of the highest profile schools in basketball netting them millions in media rights money and players needed to win it all.

UT's championship in football has lead to KU being a part of a very lucrative TV deal on the other side. Its a win-win formula for all involved.

BigCatDaddy 06-22-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8695004)
Notre Dame olympic sports possibly joining the conference is the Swedish bikini team in your eyes? It's funny. I had never seen anyone say a single good thing about the Big East's arrangement or the cache of Notre Dame olympic sports until the rumors of this arrangement with the Big 12 started swirling. Suddenly, I'm supposed to believe that this is some sweet deal?

I believe they also will be playing up to 6 games against the Big 12 as they slowly assimilate and the college landscape will eventually become 4 power conferences IMO. Don't forget the possibility of FSU also joining the Big 12. WVU will be a great addition as well. Like it or not the Big 12 will be better off in the long run. The one move that I think may actually be a mistake was Nebraska heading to the B1G. I think the B12 and Neb would be better off together.

If you take the blinders off for a second you can see where this whole thing is heading.

Saul Good 06-22-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695000)
Ummm no? Alabama is riding a tremendous high right now and they don't even come close in value or popularity to UT and Notre Dame. None of the S.E.C schools do. That's what I'm saying.

Right now? Alabama has won 14 titles under 5 coaches in eight different decades. I think that's a little more than riding high right now.

Frazod 06-22-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695009)
KU hasn't won any football titles yet, but they have won the bball title since being partnered with UT. The partnership has lead KU to being one of the highest profile schools in basketball netting them millions in media rights money and players needed to win it all.

UT's championship in football has lead to KU being a part of a very lucrative TV deal on the other side. Its a win-win formula for all involved.

Yet? ROFL

I mean, seriously LMAO

:LOL:

Bambi 06-22-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8695015)
Right now? Alabama has won 14 titles under 5 coaches in eight different decades. I think that's a little more than riding high right now.

That's great. They still aren't in the same stratosphere in popularity of Ut and ND. That's all I'm saying. I know they are good at football.

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

KU hasn't won any football titles

Ok, so I wasn't confused. Thanks.

Saul Good 06-22-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8695034)
Yet? ROFL

I mean, seriously LMAO

:LOL:

But when they do, they'll be ready for it. This is totally not gay, by the way.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY2v1lNXsbA" frameborder="0"allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695044)
That's great. They still aren't in the same stratosphere in popularity of Ut and ND. That's all I'm saying. I know they are good at football.

How close would the numbers need to be in order to be considered within "the same stratosphere" as UT and/or ND?

Saul Good 06-22-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693424)
Notre Dame and Texas didn't play. So I guess there's no comparison.

All I know is that people sampled Alabama vs LSU, let it sink in. And then went on to let it be the lowest rated Championship game......ever.

This is yet another lie, BTW. It drew a 16.2 on cable. USC/Oklahoma got a 13.7, and that was on network television.

qabbaan 06-22-2012 09:50 AM

KU hasn't won any football titles YET - well, I'm sure it's just around the corner. Surely all this big 12 expansion has been a boon to recruiting. Ol' Charlie has quit his job as a bus monitor and has certainly been wearing out the tires on his Rascal bringing in coveted recruits from all over the nation. I'm certain they are on pace to have a breakout season, and beating a conference opponent within the next several years is entirely possible.

kepp 06-22-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8695047)

The funny part is that they had to practice it multiple times.

-King- 06-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY2v1lNXsbA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Frazod 06-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY2v1lNXsbA" frameborder="0"allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, but this is

http://www.becking.com/images/logos/...inebackers.jpg

|Zach| 06-22-2012 10:05 AM

This is great.

From the Big 12 store...this can be bought. Right now.

http://big12sports.teamfanshop.com/C...-Shirt_-_White

Description

From its humble beginnings in 1932 to its present-day domination, the SEC has been a powerhouse of college athletics. With both wildly successful athletic programs and storied intra-conference rivalries, the SEC is widely considered to be the premier conference in the nation. Celebrate 80 years of the SEC with the Vintage Diamond Logo tee! Featuring an old-school SEC logo printed on the front, this tee makes sure everyone knows you're an SEC fan now and forever!

100% Pre-shrunk cotton
Lightweight ribbed T-shirt
Screen print graphics
Rib-knit collar
Imported
Officially licensed collegiate product

http://images.footballfanatics.com/F...0_xl.jpg&w=400

ArrowheadHawk 06-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8695099)

Nice Pic.

|Zach| 06-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8695114)
Nice Pic.

HEY YOU CANT QUIT FRAZOD LULLLZZZZZ

Pitt Gorilla 06-22-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8695081)
This is yet another lie, BTW. It drew a 16.2 on cable. USC/Oklahoma got a 13.7, and that was on network television.

I know USC/OU was lower, but I also thought Miami/Nebraska was lower as well.

Wickedson's schtick is that he'll lie about anything to support KU/Big "XII". I'm just not sure what he gains by lying in this case.

Frazod 06-22-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8695114)
Nice Pic.

To be fair, that's an old photo.

Well, I guess that's obvious - they actually look happy. :D

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8695045)
Ok, so I wasn't confused. Thanks.

No problem.

tredadda 06-22-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

So KU had none of that before the formation of the Big 12? KU wont be winning any foot ball championships. Hell they can't even win a conference game. Give up on that dream. Also the TV deal has nothing to do with UT's NC in the mid 2000's. The TV deal is because UT is the biggest university in the country and the flagship school in the second most populous state in the US.

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8695081)

Here's my link, where's yours?

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T-SmuFGhD8s

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:16 AM

next...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...le-in-bcs-era/

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8695240)
So KU had none of that before the formation of the Big 12? KU wont be winning any foot ball championships. Hell they can't even win a conference game. Give up on that dream. Also the TV deal has nothing to do with UT's NC in the mid 2000's. The TV deal is because UT is the biggest university in the country and the flagship school in the second most populous state in the US.

No KU won before as well.

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8694843)

Coming out now that this was an ESPN decision and wasn't even set in stone. ESPN owns the rights to the game and decides what platform each game will be on. Texas has nothing to do with the decision.

Nice try though.

tredadda 06-22-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695261)
No KU won before as well.

Then what was your point? How did KU benefit from their partnership with UT from a championship standpoint then?

Bambi 06-22-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8695280)
Then what was your point? How did KU benefit from their partnership with UT from a championship standpoint then?

The association with a school as large and influential has helped the school stay in the spotlight with recruits, boosters, national media, etc.

Players like Kevin Durant, TJ Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc coming into your building bring a level of play and excitement that allows for the KU tradition to continue and grow.

It's safe to say that with the smaller, lesser opponents that the Big 8 provided it may have been tough for Kansas to stay at such a level for so many years. I love being associated with UT except for that day they stole that football game from KU but hey, we're over it.

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695044)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8695049)
How close would the numbers need to be in order to be considered within "the same stratosphere" as UT and/or ND?

ArrowheadHawk 06-22-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8695115)
HEY YOU CANT QUIT FRAZOD LULLLZZZZZ

I can actually respect Fraz, you on the otherhand...

tredadda 06-22-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695291)
The association with a school as large and influential has helped the school stay in the spotlight with recruits, boosters, national media, etc.
Players like Kevin Durant, TJ Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc coming into your building bring a level of play and excitement that allows for the KU tradition to continue and grow.

It's safe to say that with the smaller, lesser opponents that the Big 8 provided it may have been tough for Kansas to stay at such a level for so many years. I love being associated with UT except for that day they stole that football game from KU but hey, we're over it.

But UT is not from a basketball perspective. They are that from a football perspective. But if a basketball recruit goes to KU because of UT's reputation in football then there is something wrong with KU's recruiting.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8694909)

Please post something that actually happened...

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8694987)

ROFL

Bambi 06-22-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8695293)

I'm not sure that can happen. Thing about the SEC is that there are so many good teams each with their own rabid (but in the end small) fanbase.

They are good on a rotational basis so there is never the opportunity to throw all the effort behind one team. Some years Florida is good, some years LSU, some years Alabama, etc.

Now if there was only one team in the SEC that could be considered the "South" team then I think they could challenge the numbers. Texas is Texas. Norte Dame is the Northeast and many other places. USC is the West.

Same reason Oklahoma can't get into the space with Texas no matter how many times they beat them. UT will always be the bigger brand. There's no question that over the years Oklahoma has been the better team. It's just that they don't have the population density of UT and it's enormous alumni base. An SEC maybe could do this if there weren't so many other options when living down south. That and the fact that Atlanta is really the only large metropolitan area it's tough to get the numbers that some of these other schools put up.

|Zach| 06-22-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8695310)
I can actually respect Fraz, you on the otherhand...

Heartbreak. And to think I was missing out on this friendship bracelet the whole time.

Bambi 06-22-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8695313)
But UT is not from a basketball perspective. They are that from a football perspective. But if a basketball recruit goes to KU because of UT's reputation in football then there is something wrong with KU's recruiting.

UT's focus may be football but they put all kinds of emphasis on bball. They just have the resources to pour into anything they want.

The high profile program that they have built and it's association with KU benefits both parties.

I'm not sure why you keep fighting this.

Pitt Gorilla 06-22-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695259)

you might want to click on your own link here and then click the link with the updated (corrected) numbers. It'll help to curb your lying.

Bambi 06-22-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8695378)
you might want to click on your own link here and then click the link with the updated (corrected) numbers. It'll help to curb your lying.

you mean the link that takes you to "Alabama.com" talking about how there were "late reportings"?

hahahaha ROFL

here some more

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ings-ever.html

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...56338/34308344

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-dip-or-trend/

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695357)
I'm not sure that can happen. Thing about the SEC is that there are so many good teams each with their own rabid (but in the end small) fanbase.

They are good on a rotational basis so there is never the opportunity to throw all the effort behind one team. Some years Florida is good, some years LSU, some years Alabama, etc.

Now if there was only one team in the SEC that could be considered the "South" team then I think they could challenge the numbers. Texas is Texas. Norte Dame is the Northeast and many other places. USC is the West.

Same reason Oklahoma can't get into the space with Texas no matter how many times they beat them. UT will always be the bigger brand. There's no question that over the years Oklahoma has been the better team. It's just that they don't have the population density of UT and it's enormous alumni base. An SEC maybe could do this if there weren't so many other options when living down south. That and the fact that Atlanta is really the only large metropolitan area it's tough to get the numbers that some of these other schools put up.

That doesn't answer my question. You were talking about the value of a program. How close in value does a program need to be so it may be considered within the same stratosphere as ND or UT?

Frazod 06-22-2012 01:18 PM

LMAO at Wickeddumb being reduced to bragging on fan bases of other teams.

Bambi 06-22-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8695466)
That doesn't answer my question. You were talking about the value of a program. How close in value does a program need to be so it may be considered within the same stratosphere as ND or UT?

According to Forbes you're about $40 million short.

About half that to get to Notre Dame.

Bambi 06-22-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8695475)
LMAO at Wickeddumb being reduced to bragging on fan bases of other teams.

You mean bragging about or bagging on?

Your English fails as usual.

DeezNutz 06-22-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695522)

Good to get that edit, huh?

Frazod 06-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695522)

Is that all you've got?

Well, at least this is better than your typical attempted smack. It's just stupid, not packed with lies. A step in the right direction, Wickedtard. LMAO

DaKCMan AP 06-22-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695520)
According to Forbes you're about $40 million short.

About half that to get to Notre Dame.

Again, you're avoiding the question. What is considered within the same stratosphere?

Bambi 06-22-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8695560)
Again, you're avoiding the question. What is considered within the same stratosphere?

So team value and TV ratings aren't doing it for you?

I give up

Bambi 06-22-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8695536)
Is that all you've got?

Well, at least this is better than your typical attempted smack. It's just stupid, not packed with lies. A step in the right direction, Wickedtard. LMAO

Which is it?

notorious 06-22-2012 02:49 PM

Are you guys still bitching at each other. :facepalm:

Mizzou fans, good luck, and kick some ass. To all of the posters trying to get in a pissing match, just shut the **** up.

We have NO control over what our teams or conferences do, so burn the photo of your ex-girlfriend and move on.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 04:51 PM

They are just playing whack a troll again. It's fun sometimes...

Frazod 06-22-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8695600)
Which is it?

Well, what's the question:

If the question is what best describes Wickeddumb, I'd say the options are:

A. Liar
B. Imbecile
C. Douche

And I'd have to go with D. All of the above.