ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285622)

Third Eye 06-19-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16340245)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4t...ab_channel=HBO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2l4tuNYvPa4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Westworld’s use of music has been one of my favorite aspects of the show. This version of a NIN song continues that.

listopencil 06-20-2022 07:15 AM

To me the only thing they really have left to do with the show is get to the point where they are putting actual human beings into host bodies. It's the only way to resolve the conflict at the heart of the show. Maybe not, maybe they will surprise me, but that is what I expect.

listopencil 06-24-2022 03:47 PM

First episode in a couple of days. This Sunday.

mr. tegu 06-24-2022 05:58 PM

I gave up on this midway through the second season. Seemed like it was really going off the rails. Which is a shame because I really liked the first season.

listopencil 06-24-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16346775)
I gave up on this midway through the second season. Seemed like it was really going off the rails. Which is a shame because I really liked the first season.

The first season was outstanding. For me it started going downhill right after the Man In Black reveal. I was hoping for something more complicated than that. I also wanted to see a lot more from inside the park. Everything out in the real world has been bland. Maybe they can pull this off, stick the landing.

Third Eye 07-24-2022 10:34 PM

Alright, I’ll say it, season 4 has been pretty good.

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 16380172)
Alright, I’ll say it, season 4 has been pretty good.

Eh, doing the Matrix/Skynet shit with the same incongruent timeline for a bait and switch in season one.

staylor26 07-25-2022 06:15 PM

Keep hearing good things about S4, so I'm finally going to finish S3.

TwistedChief 07-25-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16381159)
Eh, doing the Matrix/Skynet shit with the same incongruent timeline for a bait and switch in season one.

I kinda hate this show.

I'm 2 episodes behind in the latest season and I'm pretty sure I'm only watching it because I've watched everything prior to it.

It's so convoluted and back and forth and just a complete mess of a storyline.

I find new series regularly that are far more enjoyable to watch than this. I really think I give it the benefit of the doubt that much more because it hails from the HBO Sunday Night lineup.

staylor26 07-25-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16381203)
I kinda hate this show.

I'm 2 episodes behind in the latest season and I'm pretty sure I'm only watching it because I've watched everything prior to it.

I find new series regularly that are far more enjoyable to watch than this. I really think I give it the benefit of the doubt that much more because it hails from the HBO Sunday Night lineup.

I'm further behind than you are, but from what I've seen, it's the last 2 episodes that have everybody back on the bandwagon.

I'd be interested to see whether your mind changes after watching them.

listopencil 07-25-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16381159)

I don't think the show will ever be as good as it was in the first season. I am still watching because I want to see how this gets wrapped up but it isn't even close to as good as it was.

listopencil 07-25-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16381235)
I'm further behind than you are, but from what I've seen, it's the last 2 episodes that have everybody back on the bandwagon.

I'd be interested to see whether your moms changes after watching them.

Something finally actually happened, that's all. They've spent the entire season so far foreshadowing it.

hometeam 07-25-2022 07:23 PM

After last season i was getting kinda meh on the show, my hopes for this season where pretty muted.

However, its been good AF.

Baby Lee 07-26-2022 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16381203)
I kinda hate this show.

I resigned myself that I pretty much watch for the visuals. The sets and costumes are pretty great, the acting performances are pretty great, and the female leads are quite attractive. . . They were particularly attractive when they were running around everywhere nekkid, but they are quite attractive clothed as well.

But I'm not all that invested in the narrative itself.

BleedingRed 07-27-2022 01:50 PM

Nah this season is ****ing redeeming this show hard. Ed Harris is ****ing acting his old balls off.

Just unbelievable acting this season. Love the plot.