ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Dartgod 02-06-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8353294)
They actually moved up to 7 in the AP.

See? :D

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8353294)
They actually moved up to 7 in the AP.

I was just about to point that out, lolz!

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2012 12:14 PM

Probably helped KU that Duke lost at home to an unranked team...

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:17 PM

Wow...ku was clearly kissing somebody's ass. Lose and move up? Oh well. I think ku has to win out at this point to get that #2 seed. If they wind up losing one more in the regular season, and then not win the Big 12 tourney, they would go into the NCAA tourney with 7 losses. That is a lot of losses for a 2 seed.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:18 PM

ku did drop to #10 in the espn/coaches poll:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...kings/_/poll/2

Saul Good 02-06-2012 12:20 PM

Nice to see all the Kansas fans here. I assume you've stopped pretending that you don't care about Mizzou anymore.

Maybe you can tell your coach to grow up and do the same.

RustShack 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

If Baylor wins out(except for ISU), and Iowa State wins out... Big12 is ours! :)

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8353314)
Nice to see all the Kansas fans here. I assume you've stopped pretending that you don't care about Mizzou anymore.

ku fans only care about educating us Saul. KC_Connection said so.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

I for one only came by to congratulate you.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

You maybe mad, but i'm too lazy to bump the KU thread. Man that was funny, tell your coach to grow up? Bill Self? LMAO

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8353318)
If Baylor wins out(except for ISU), and Iowa State wins out... Big12 is ours! :)

Don't hold your breath.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353319)
ku fans only care about educating us Saul. KC_Connection said so.

Hmmmmm 'think your education got you on that one.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8353322)
You maybe mad, but i'm too lazy to bump the KU thread. Man that was funny, tell your coach to grow up? Bill Self? LMAO

When it comes to the ku/Mizzou situation, Self is being a big baby. Even the pundits on tv think ku is being stupid about it. I did not hear any of them comment that ku was in the right in their stand on the issue.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353308)
Wow...ku was clearly kissing somebody's ass. Lose and move up? Oh well. I think ku has to win out at this point to get that #2 seed. If they wind up losing one more in the regular season, and then not win the Big 12 tourney, they would go into the NCAA tourney with 7 losses. That is a lot of losses for a 2 seed.

Why? Seems fair to me.

They played against a higher ranked seed in a tough environment and damn near won. KU proved that they are easily a top 10 team in that game and made a stronger claim than ever for a top 5(ish) spot.

They're a lot better than I thought they were. They certainly didn't deserve to drop after that game.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353287)
ku should not be the first 2 seed though. They were ranked #8 before the game, they will drop at least a couple of spots in the new poll, and they now have 5 losses. One could argue they are much closer to the last 2 seed than the first.

7th in the AP and 10 in USA Today... 4th in Sagarin and 3rd in kenpom. Tied for most wins against the top 25 with OSU and Kentucky (4-3 though).

If they sweep Baylor, it's fair to say KU is a higher #2, right? And he has MSU as a #2... MSU also has 5 losses, the same record vs top 50 (7-4) and two fewer games vs top 25 (3-2). Their SoS is right up there with KU though (KU is 2nd and MSU is 9th). UNC has a losing record against the top 25 (2-3) and has been mediocre against the top 50 (4-3).

If Baylor wins Wednesday, they would have a good argument for a #1 or the highest #2... KU has some more work to do, and there's not a big difference in that group of teams, but they have a pretty good argument for being in the Midwest, IMO.

This was supposed to be a low expectation season though, so granted I'm not arguing about success or a high seed, I'd almost rather see them go into the tourney as a 2 seed in the west or a 3 seed, so maybe they'll play with a chip on their shoulder... not that it really matters, I'm just preparing for the full reerun that will take place around here if they end up a 1 or 2 seed and lose in or before the SS. Outside of Kentucky and Syracuse (with Melo, at least), I don't have much confidence in any team this year.