ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

BigBeauford 06-16-2013 07:06 PM

It wasn't bad, though I felt lime the first half was a lot better than the 2nd half. There was also some zany editing, some scenes feeling like they needed about 5 to 10 seconds beforehand of introduction. Not bad, but into Darkness has yet to be surpassed as my favorite movie this year.

Gravedigger 06-16-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9755683)
Seems like the biggest complaint is 'No Joy' in this movie or romance etc...

I feel like all that is to come, i hope.

That's what I'm afraid of is that the closest thing that Zack Snyder has come to romance is two superheroes ****in on an owl ship.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-16-2013 07:40 PM

WTF is wrong with some of you lol. Great movie IMO.

keg in kc 06-16-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9755683)
Seems like the biggest complaint is 'No Joy' in this movie or romance etc...

I feel like all that is to come, i hope.

It's not a cold movie at all. It's just restrained. Which reflects the character at the stage where we meet him. He's kept himself apart from the world for his entire life, always holding back, a wanderer who's only now finding his place, and discovering that at least a few people in this world actually can accept him (for all the talk about Lois, Christopher Meloni's arc may have been my favorite in the movie)
Spoiler!

It's not Iron Man. It's not Spider-Man. It's just a different kind of movie than that, not as light-hearted. More serious, and filled with bigger ideas (not all of which work as well as they might have...). But that doesn't mean that it's emotionless.

keg in kc 06-16-2013 07:53 PM

Holy crap, part of that scene's online:
Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 06-16-2013 08:28 PM

Just saw it this afternoon with my son. I truly loved it. I loved the scope of it. The story and battles were epic. The one thing I never cared for in Avengers was that it was shot dull and flat. This thing was shot beautifully with no expense spared.

I liked the throwaway rivalry going on between Fiora and the Army Captain. That was great.

So much I loved....ill have to post about it later when I get more time. A+ for me. Best thing by far Zach Snyder has ever made.
Posted via Mobile Device

AphexPhin 06-16-2013 08:28 PM

Probably will never watch this movie again. Too generic.

Gonna pop in The Dark Knight for a GREAT comic book film

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9755847)
It's not a cold movie at all. It's just restrained. Which reflects the character at the stage where we meet him. He's kept himself apart from the world for his entire life, always holding back, a wanderer who's only now finding his place, and discovering that at least a few people in this world actually can accept him (for all the talk about Lois, Christopher Meloni's arc may have been my favorite in the movie)
Spoiler!

It's not Iron Man. It's not Spider-Man. It's just a different kind of movie than that, not as light-hearted. More serious, and filled with bigger ideas (not all of which work as well as they might have...). But that doesn't mean that it's emotionless.

Exactly...

I feel like since i've thought more and more about what I saw, the more im liking what they did.

Still surprised how much people really LOVE it or how some reviewers dont like it. I feel like Cavill def is perfect for the role

keg in kc 06-16-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9756010)
Just saw it this afternoon with my son. I truly loved it. I loved the scope of it. The story and battles were epic. The one thing I never cared for in Avengers was that it was shot dull and flat. This thing was shot beautifully with no expense spared.

There are some problems with the camera work in MoS I think, but I agree with you for the most part. The Avengers seemed like it was shot more like a television pilot than a motion picture. It wasn't that big of a deal because the script was so well done, but it seemed like one of the less visually-engaging blockbusters. Even the battle in New York seemed somehow sterile and smaller than the scope of what was supposed to be going on. Still a good movie, of course, thanks to a lot of good character beats.

Setsuna 06-16-2013 09:08 PM

Anyone think Superman looked like Tom Welling when he smiled? That was eerie.

Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9756228)
Anyone think Superman looked like Tom Welling when he smiled? That was eerie.

Spoiler!

They look similar. Welling was great as Clark on Smallville. He is probably the 2nd best superman behind Cavill in recent memory

Demonpenz 06-16-2013 09:42 PM

I loved the army general. That was off the chain.

BWillie 06-17-2013 12:58 AM

I liked the film. There is only so much you can do with Superman. Hes such a boring and dull character, but with great power.I loved the flashback scenes to his childhood. IMO, needed to be much more of that and less about Krypton, BUT, with a movie with Zod as the main villain I guess it is needed. Really really intrigued about the sequel with a truly serious and menacing Lex Luthor. If its casted right could be like The Joker and Heath Ledger in TDK. Seems like ZOD should have been led up to after Supes defeats more Earthly villains though

BWillie 06-17-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9754238)
While I agree DC sucks at developing their properties, I think this was the 4th best Superman movie.

How anybody thought those Christopher Reeves Superman movies were any good is beyond me. They are all terribke and corny beyond belief. I know they were in a different era and that is part of the reason they sucked so bad. I especially dislike the one were he flies around the Earth like 8 times to reverse time and eliminate a death, if you can do that why not just do it every time? Just terrible terrible movies.

BWillie 06-17-2013 01:39 AM

I actually didnt know this was a science fiction film, but then when I saw Clark watching the #12 ranked Kansas football team I figured it out. LOL at Kansas ever being ranked #12 in the foreseeable future.